“Awesome experience”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My fifteen year old son experienced his first surfing lessons with Surfrider academy. We met up with Eric and he is such a nice and friendly person! He made my son feel very comfortable and it was all about having fun and enjoying the waves. All the time they were out in the ocean I was assured that Eric took safety very serious. My son had a great time, the smile on his face was worth a million! Thanks so much for this unforgettable experience!

SurfridersAcademy, Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hello there, just can not thank you enough for the kind review, you son had a blast, I can see ear to ear smile on his face, and just having fun, that's what makes my job worth showing for, to see people enjoying the ocean and the sport of surfing, it is all about Aloha. Eric G.

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 5 reviews
"session"

Reviewed August 9, 2014

After a 36 year break from surfing, I decided to get back on a board. I researched the surf schools in Huntington Beach and Surfriders Academy was always at the top. Reading the reviews there was a consistent theme; people were safe, they were having fun and learning to surf! So I booked a 1.5 hour private session with Ed V. Morgan this morning. By the end of the session I was up riding waves! Ed has given me an excellent foundation to build on and did a outstanding job. If you want to learn to surf, this is the place to go! I will definitely recommend the Surfriders Academy, Jeff

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hello Jeff, firstly a huge thank you for the nice review, and I know what it feels like to take a break away from surfing, but its sure great to jump into the ocean again, its called being stoked, glad to help you out. Aloha my friend, Ed :)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great time with Eric on a beautiful day, warm water and respectable waves. Private lesson for two. Everything provided with excellent instruction making the most of a late morning adventure for two novices in the Huntington Beach surf. With a little encouragement (and a lot more practice on our part) Eric would have taken us next to the Wedge, Mavericks, or...Tahiti. Highly recommend.
Perry

1  Thank pww3

Hey there Perry, great job surfing! we always strive for excellence and you did very well, thank you for the cool review. Eric G.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were in town for a swim meet and my son and his teammate wanted to take a surf lesson. We met up with Eric one afternoon and within an hour the guys were riding waves and having the time of their lives. Eric did a fantastic job with them. I highly recommend the Surfers Academy.

Howdy Steven, thank you for coming on out, we are stoked you had fun! we are always here you for when you want to say hello or do another surf lesson, Aloha Eric G.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I had a surfing lesson with Eric. He was super nice and made my experience fun. I got up on my board pretty quickly thanks to the land instruction I received before we got into the water. While waiting for waves, Eric provided me with some interesting facts about the origins of surfing and even pointed out things in the water. Safety was the number one priority for Eric, which I appreciated very much. I would definitely recommend Surfriders Academy and will be going surfing again soon!

Hello Kelli, so proud of you going for it on the waves, always a pleasure to teach you surfing,see ya next summer, Eric G.