“Best money I ever spent”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 26 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best money I ever spent”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I worked with Ed, and I don't know how else to describe it, other than the best $100 I ever spent.

I had never surfed before and Ed helped me get started and moved at a steady but slow enough pace I could keep up and was very enthusiastic.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank CSG321
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Ed said, I will stand on my head, if I cant teach you how to surf instead :) Many Mahalo's to your kind comment :)

Menlo Park, California, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Marcus is fantastic. He arrived early and was very organized with my wetsuit ready to go and forms ready to sign. He even called ahead to let me know that parking in the area was rough so I should look for parking on the other side of the street. He has an easy-going personality that is easy to learn from. I stood up after my first few waves and was able to catch my own waves and ride them into the beach by the end of the session. Super fun, learned a lot, entirely positive experience.

Visited August 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We love our job ! teaching everyone to surf is what makes my life worth living, Thank you for the nice comment :)
Lakewood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surf Lessons for 8 year old girl”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My daughter is an 8yo swimmer who became interested in surfing lessons after watching a surf lesson from the beach one day in Seal Beach. We booked for a 4-lesson package, it was one of the more reasonable rates I found. Our instructor, Ed Morgan, was amazing going through the lessons at her level, building on as she progressed, pushing her just enough. She did wonderful, she loved the experience. It was A-Z surfing from terminology to technique. I was really impressed with the instructor, how encouraging he was, super positive and made the whole experience very fun. I highly recommend these guys. From the lead/owner Marcus to the instructors we came in contact with everyone was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. I highly recommend these guys if your looking for a great experience with surfing no matter what level you are.

Visited July 2012
Gretchen, Aloha to you and your daughter :) Mahalo for the positive feedback for my surf instructor Ed Morgan :) We really try to be the Best of Best in every surf lesson !!!
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were vacationing in Newport Beach and had decided to try surfing lessons. We are from out of state (Texas) and it was super easy to book via email/phone. Emails and phone calls were returned promptly, and Marcus was very helpful.The day of the lesson, Ed (one of our instructors) called and instructed us where to park. They brought wet suits and boards for us, and then we had a short lesson in the sand on surfing. Then we headed to the water and caught some waves! We had 4 adults who had never surfed before, and Ed and Kenny were very upbeat and encouraging! My only problem was how incredibly cold the water was! The wet suits helped, but this Texas girl isn't accustomed to water temps that cold! =)

Visited July 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for the compliment :) our surf instructors are very safety conscious and professional they are ready to help out anyone who wants to learn how to surf and have fun in the water, again just sharing Aloha :) Marcus
Northern England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An excellent afternoon learning to surf”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My son, Harry, aged 16, had a first surf lesson with Ed Morgan of Surfriders at Seal Beach, near to Huntington. Having booked over the phone and been told to meet in a car park we weren't sure quite what to expect, but Ed was there to meet us, with a wetsuit already picked out in Harry's size.

Ed could not have been a better teacher, running through the theory and then quickly getting Harry into the smaller waves on Seal Beach.

Within the first hour Harry was confidently getting up on his board and enjoying short runs through the waves. Seal Beach was an excellent place to learn, in a quiet spot at the end of the beach reserved for surfing and we felt happy that Harry was in a good place and in good hands. After the lesson we asked if he had enjoyed it and his unequivocal answer was enthusiastic and really wanted to do more.

Ed was the perfect mix of friendly, informative and knowledgeable and established a great rapport with Harry and ourselves.

Thanks to Ed and surfriders for an excellent experience and one Harry will really remember.

Visited July 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
So much Mahalo to have you learn to surf with us !!! Hope to see you all next summer :)