“Fantastic Lesson”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We recently arranged for beginner surfing lessons for our daughter and two grandchildren. From the initial phone conversation through the lesson, Marcus could not have been more professional and accommodating. When we arrived at the beach, Marcus was waiting and had arranged for another instructor, Kaitlin, to assist. The equipment was all in great shape, including the wetsuits which fit perfectly.

Thanks to the one on one attention, within a few minutes after entering the water, Marcus had our 8 year old granddaughter standing on the board while he followed behind to make sure all went safely. Before the lesson was up both our daughter and granddaughter were standing up alone all the way into shore,

Marcus and Kaitlin went above and beyond to make it a memorable experience..

1  Thank Liz V
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Hello there ocean lovers, it was so fun working with the kids, teaching them surfing, you never know how fast a young child can stand on there feet on a surfboard by themselves....Aloha

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I went our with Carey for our very 1st surf experience. He was so awesome and knowledgeable that we felt comfortable immediately. One of the BEST experiences we had in California!!!

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Than you for the comment :)

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Surfriders Academy was absolutely awesome! Really reasonably priced and you could just tell these guys loved what they were doing. Went with two other friends and were all able to get up right away and were riding waves from there. I would highly recommend Surfriders Academy to anyone who wants to try surfing in a relaxed, casual environment where you'll be sure to catch on quick!

Hey Gabby, pleasure to have you all join us for a surf lesson, it is a passion to teach surfing that is why we love our job :)

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I met Marcus at Dukes, Marcus assessed our skills and into the water we went. We had a camera and Marcus took pictures of both of us in one picture riding the waves.
Marcus provided the wet suits, we had a two hour lesson and cannot wait to go back in the spring for another lesson.

1  Thank James M

Well thanks for meeting me at Duke's I try to be like an ambassador like the Late Great Duke Kahanamoku The Father of Surfing, I am greatly appreciated you were up and surfing in no time at all :) Aloha Marcus

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Surfriders Academy: Huntington Beach, CA
1.5 Hour Private Lesson

The Surfriders Academy instructor Marcus was very friendly and that helped make it so I was less nervous. He had excellent pointers and tips and showed me what to do.
He was very encouraging and excited to be out on the water teaching.

I was standing up on the surfboard in no time and progressed on from there. Marcus gave me the basic fundamentals I need. I believe I could go on and build off the fundamentals that he taught me.

Everyone please pay attention to this " He was very encouraging and excited to be out on the water teaching." Well that is how we are at every surf lesson, You cannot remove or take that out of our heart in Surfing or teaching Surfing !!!!