“if you have a furry friend you must stay here”

Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
michigan
“if you have a furry friend you must stay here”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

As always we enjoyed our stay here they treat us and our beautiful grandpuppy so well. The staff always has wonderful treats for your furry family.. The restaurant always welcomes your pets on the patio and they have a great happy hour.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear michiganhappycamper,
Thank you for the great comments. We definitely are big fans of the furry members of the family. We like to boast that we are one of the most pet friendly hotels in the area. No fees, no restriction, all we want is for you and your pet to have a great time while with us. We hope to see you and your furry pal back to stay with us next time you are in the area.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Really loved staying at this hotel. It is in a great location, it is stylish, modern and fresh and the staff are friendly and efficient yet relaxed. It was fun to be able to take our dog Mr. T. Wrecks as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear lmf2014,
Happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you brought Mr. T. Wrecks with you, we definitely love our furry friends here. Hope that next time you need some relaxation you think of us.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent one night in Huntington Beach. The hotel is in a great location on the beach (well with PCH in between). The staff was great, the room was clean and fairly quiet except for the drunks who walked our hallway. Valet is a bit steep if you ask me and if you have an electric car they do not have plug in capabilities. The gym is fairly basic but there is enough to get a good work out. The hotel can provide beach towels, bikes, etc. Wifi is $13 a day, again, just include in the room price. Had a great meal at the restaurant of the hotel and Reese our waiter had a great energy and recommended a good bottle of red. Breakfast was equally good and the staff was great. If you have to stay in Huntington I would def recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JonathanDucrest
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear onestopnyc,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm really happy that you enjoyed alot of Huntington Beach. I would like to appologize for your disturbance that you had while you were staying with us. Comfort and safety are both of our top priorities here at Shorebreak. Our front desk staff is extremely skilled at handling such situations, and would be more than happy to assist you. Please send me an E-mail the next time you're around! I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom while she was in town I am embarrassed to say I suggested this hotel to her cause it was such a small room I thought it was a joke then being put next to the elevator made it even worse. Let's not forget the 30.00 a day parking fee they tell you about later. Let's not forget the drunks that you meet every morning that can't remember where they are either this place was defiantly not middle age friendly rude staff all they want is your money 25 dollars more to not be in the Xtra small room that looks nothing !!! Like the pictures at all by the elevator the only nice thing was the bathroom I will not suggest this place again overrated to say the least.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Debbie W
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Debbie W.

I’m saddened to see that you had such a difficult experience here at Shorebreak. The parking is hosted by the city of Huntington Beach and it is a negotiated rate with hotel guests. I understand that this last visit was very trying for you. Loyalty to the brand is a huge deal for us. If you would give us the opportunity to try us out again, I’d love to recreate your experience. Please E-mail me at mransom@communehotels.com so we can discuss your previous stay as well as plan a great one in the future.

Fullerton, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I pulled up to the hotel at 11pm and had no idea where I was and circled the block a couple of times looking for valet. I called the front desk and was put on hold twice while he tried to radio the valet. Finally some guy runs up to my car and I have no idea who it was so I didn't exactly want to open up the door for him, especially since I was on the phone and it was dark outside. I opened the door and asked, "Are you valet?" and the young man responded in a valley girl accent "yeah, I'm valet". I think he was making fun of me and he didn't seem too pleased to be working at that hour. I had a ton of bags and he didn't offer to help with any of them or welcome me to the hotel or direct me to the lobby. I was quite stressful and not a very friendly or welcoming experience. I will definitely not be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank percysmom
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear percysmom,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the issues that you had with valet. Secondly, I'd like to thank you for bringing these issues to light. I will be speaking with our valet manager to ensure this experience will not happen again.

I understand that this was a trying and stressful time for you and by no means should you have experienced such treatment. If you are wiling, we'd love re-create your experience. Please give me an E-mail at mransom@communehotels.com. I would love to hear any further details regarding your experience.

Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We loved the cleanliness of the hotel and the modern, fun decorations and artwork. The bathroom was so spacious with a double-headed shower and a huge soaking tub. The location was perfect to stroll at the local shops and so close to the beach, too. The staff was friendly and helpful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Michael C

Thanks for the great comments, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our bathrooms are a great, almost double in size them most hotel bathrooms and the huge soaking tub is an added bonus. Our location is one of our top attractions, who can beat being able to walk to a multitude of restaurants and have the beach only steps away. I hope next time you are in the OC you think to stay with us again.

San Francisco
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Perfect location, you're in the heart of HB, comfy beds, spacious rooms, stylish lobby and rooms, AMAZING BATHROOM, great staff and very fun bar with balcony overlooking 5th St. So glad I picked this hotel. My coworkers stayed at the Hyatt and while the grounds are gorgeous there, you have to hike to your room and you're so far from everything. I loved my stay at The Shorebreak!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jtwig
Mike R, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear jtwig,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! I believe our location is the best in Huntington Beach for an all inclusive dining and shopping experience. I'm also very glad that you loved the bathroom! Did your room have one of our deep soaking tubs? If not, I highly recommend asking our Front Desk staff about them upon your next stay. Looking forward to seeing you again!