“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed at this wonderful hotel twice; it's modern, clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff and I stayed in a gorgeous waterfront room with a patio to sunbathe, overlooking PCH. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JDBEE123
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear JDBEE123,

I am so happy to hear that you came to stay with us again and enjoyed yourself yet again. Our waterfront rooms are a great treat. We look forward to you staying with again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Three night stay for a company meeting. The room was comfortable, but was given one with no bathtub. When I requested a switch, I was told there wasn't one available. Should have pushed, but I didn't. I was totally unable to connect to wi-fi from my room - had to go to the lobby to get it to work. Same front desk person was NOT helpful on this issue. Just gave an air of really not caring. This was not the attitude of the rest of the staff I encountered, and the wait staff in the bar and restaurant were particularly accommodating. Great location!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard can be noisy if there's an event going on, but usually quiets down by...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CathyinEdmonds
Dear CathyinEdmonds,

I am sorry we did not have a room with a bathtub during your stay. Please know we would have been happy to place you in one if it were available. Give us a heads up if you ever come to Huntington Beach again and will find you a bathtub. I am also sorry that our guest representative was not more attentive to your troubles. I will definitely address this to my staff. I use the internet almost all throughout the day. I would find it frustrating with it not working as well. It is important to us that if any issues that do occur during our guest's stay, that it be taken care of and assisted with as soon as possible. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a great location, just off the front, and the staff were friendly. The room was great, really nicely decorated and had a lovely bathroom with huge shower. The restaurant was good too although the range of choice isn't great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simon81W

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you found the staff accommodating during your stay, I will definitely pass on your comments to them. We always try to make everyone feel like they are at home while staying here. The bathrooms in are rooms are pretty awesome compared to most hotels, I would say they are suite size bathrooms in each of our rooms. Thank you for trying our Zimzala and I am glad that you enjoyed the food, I am sorry to hear you felt the selection wasn’t enough. I will let the food and beverage team aware of your comments. I hope that we will see you at the Shorebreak again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a meeting at this hotel and we found the location, meeting room, sleeping rooms all great! The location had the purest so-cal feel you could dream of! Very convenient walk to activities dining and nightlife.

The restaurant had excellent food and the only downside was the service was a little slow.

I look forward to coming to this hotel for pleasure in the future!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JZwinski
Dear JZwinski,

That is so great you enjoyed yourself even during a work trip. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food at Zimzala! All of our ingredients are freshly made every day and we make everything fresh as you order so the food does take some time to be made. However, I will let Tony our restaurant manager aware of the slow service you mentioned. We can not wait to have you with us again!

Saint Charles
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The location of the Shorebreak is perfect for experiencing Huntington Beach. The entire property is maintained in perfect condition and the rooms are unique with large bathrooms and furnishings you won't find any where else. I stay here on business travel when possible and really enjoy the staff and the lobby atmosphere. Rooms vary a lot in size and configuration and you cannot beat the ocean view rooms. Bathrooms are clean and bright and big- something you really have to see. The hotel is pet friendly but it's rare to any.

Highly recommended if you want to be in the middle of The Beach and take in the full experience.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dale K
Dear Dale K,

Thank you for the great comments. We are definitely a unique property and this is translated into not only the public area of our hotel but each room as well is slightly different. I agree that the ocean view rooms are best, who can beat waking up to the Pacific Ocean and all that glorious sunshine. I hope that you continue stay here on your business trips, we look forward to your return to Huntington Beach.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Shorebreak Hotel for 2 nights in September. The hotel is in a perfect location in Huntington Beach! Right across the street from the beach, and close to all of the local restaurants/bars, shopping, etc. The staff was great, and our room was small but comfortable. The valet parking was great in such a congested area! Parking was NOT free........ but there was really no way around it. There is no pool or hot tub at this hotel, but the courtyard with the fire pits was nice. We rented beach bikes from right up the street for the whole day for $10 each, and rode on the beach walkway for quite awhile! Stopped and took pictures, walked the beach a bit, and really enjoyed the bike ride! Can't wait to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahD13
Dear SarahD13,

I am so glad you liked the location! We are indeed steps from all the shops and restaurants. I am sorry to hear you felt the room was small. We have 13 different room types that you can choose from so if you ever come back to the area, we will find the most suitable room for you. We also have s'mores packages at the front desk that you can roast at our fire pits! Hope to see you again very soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love this place. Stayed here because another hotel was booked but glad! Love the smaller boutique feel. Cute decor and friendly staff. I will be staying here in purpose from now on! The restaurant is to die for as well. Stayed here for four days and ate there every night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsBritt
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear MrsBritt,

Thank you so much for your review, I am glad that you will be returning to stay with us again. Zimzala’s food is awesome! I am happy that you decided to eat there every night; you need to do that to experience all the goodness they have to offer. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel? Share your experiences!