“Great staff”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
California
“Great staff”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for dogs This was the first time we took our dogs to a hotel. Didn't know what to expect. All the staff was great. Very dog friendly The hotel is a mile from the dog beach. They have a great bar and restaurant that you can bring your dogs to. They offer a great dog menu and they bring you a water bowl. We Had a great time. Thank you take all the staff for looking after our every needs. The room was great. This is a great place even if you don't bring your furry friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mexicanatheart
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Mexicanatheart,

I am so happy to hear that you experienced our hotel and brought your furry friend with you. They always deserve to have a little vacation as well and we love having them here. We are definitely one of the friendliness hotels when it comes to dogs, with no breed restrictions and pet fees. The dog beach is a fun place to take your dog; I love to see them all off their leashes having fun in the sand and waves, playing with each other. I hope that next time you are coming out way that you stay with us.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Merrill, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was a great place for my wife and I to stay on our vacation in Huntington Beach September of 2013. The location is perfect as it is in the heart of the downtown area. The staff was wonderful and tried to accommodate us in every way. When we arrived we were placed in a room without a balcony, which we thought we were getting. After conferring with Gus at the desk we were placed in a waterfront view room with a balcony which we used every day for morning coffee and at other times. Gus was genuinely interested in pleasing us any way that he could. The view is wonderful. The noise from the PCH was not an issue as we were on the third floor and kept the balcony door closed at night. The downside is that the parking is $27/night, however we used the city street about a block away for free parking on two of the four nights we were there. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third or fourth floor as the view is better and a little quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank benglish1754
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear benglish1754,

Thank you for the great comments. I am so happy to hear that Gus was able to accommodate you and find a room with a balcony that suited for your stay. We definitely all want our guests to enjoy their stay and we do want to do whatever we can to make your stay more enjoyable. The waterfront rooms are a treat, it is great feeling to wake up and know you can enjoy sitting on your balcony with the view of the Pacific Ocean. As for the parking, the price is comparable with the other hotels in the area but you are right though that if you can find street parking it is free. I do hope we will see you back at the Shorebreak when you are in Southern California again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate my 25th birthday. Perfect location! The restaurant was great; they had amazing cocktails and food. The campfire dessert is a MUST! We will definitely stay here again. I loved it.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Bellaivy,

Happy Birthday from the Shorebreak Crew! I am happy to hear that we were able to make your 25th birthday memorable. The campfire dessert is a popular choice; it is delicious and as you said a ‘MUST’! Looking forward to your return hopefully you don’t have to wait another year to return.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here from the 30th Aug till the 2nd Sept.Upgraded our room to a part ocean view.Close to everything. Staff really helpful and always happy. No problems with noise like other reviews.We were on 4 th floor.Did not eat at the rest only because we wanted to be outside to see what was happening on the Main Street.Would stay again.Prob Dont need to upgrade as you don't spend much time in room.Got a really good deal on line

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela P
Dear Angela P,

I am glad you chose to stay with us on your trip to California. It is great to hear your feedback on our staff, we do like to help in whatever way we can and of course who wouldn’t be happy working by the beach. When you do come back I hope you will stay with us again, and you definitely should try our restaurant they do delicious food but I can understand wanting to be out on Main St too. Hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the Shorebreak hotel with our 2 kids. Our room had a phenomenal view of the ocean and pier, and we had a great spacious patio. Just about all the staff we interacted with were fantastic.

Highlights:
- orange salt-water taffy available at the front desk; naturally flavored water for much needed hydration post-beach; location - amazingly close to the beach and pier to watch the surfers; wonderful surf decor; sand toys, umbrellas and towels available for free-rental from the front desk; in-room fridge; wonderfully helpful valet that unloaded and loaded our bags from the car; proximity to great restaurants.

Watch-outs:
- our patio time was disrupted by dripping condensation from a 4th floor air conditioner. we telephoned the front desk on 2 occasions to request some assistance, but sadly there was no resolution.
- the coffee at Zimzala is horrible - mild and with a bizarre flavor profile. Fortunately we found some great coffee at HSS Surf shop which is a 2 min walk from Shorebreak.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear rwr_3,

Thanks for the great comments; I am glad that you and your family had a great stay with us. It sounds like you got one of our ocean view rooms; you can’t beat waking up with the view of the Huntington Beach Pier and Pacific Ocean. I am sorry to hear that while you had a spacious patio you were not able to fully enjoy it with the dripping condensation and that this was not solved for you, when an air conditioning unit is used constantly over the warm days they do tend to build up some condensation. I will definitely let the restaurant know of your feedback on the coffee but I am glad that you found Java Point in HSS, that is a front desk favorite and I especially love the Vanilla Vanilla and their bagels. Delicious! I hope that we will be seeing you and your family back at our hotel soon, we have the orange salt-water taffy waiting for you.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you're in So Cal and looking for a weekend getaway but don't have the time to truly get away, Shorebreak Hotel is the answer. I've been working like a dog all summer and decided I needed a break from it all by booking a weekend for my girlfriend and I at Shorebreak. Unbelievable experience, top notch service, awesome location, clean, comfortable and just the thing I needed to relax for a few days.

I booked my room with John who was incredibly helpful and friendly. I don't know Huntington Beach all too well so he gave me several tips on things to do and places to eat. Our room (ocean view) was more than I could have asked for. Good size, spacious and clean. Checking in and out was a piece of cake and the room service was quick and friendly. The only downfall was the neighboring room who partied loudly all night but after a long day at the beach, we were able to drown out the sound because we were super tired.

Thank you guys for a great weekend. I will definitely be back soon and already told my friends to stay at the Shorebreak Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine S, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello R d,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad you were able to take the time off from your busy work schedule. It’s always nice to turn the world off for a bit and get back to you.

We are definitely lucky to be so centrally located in Huntington Beach and have so many activities and great restaurants in the area. One of our greatest assets is of course our stay. In all aspects and across the board they are what make the Shorebreak such an amazing place to stay. Come back and stay anytime you need another break or even if you just want to visit. Thank you for spreading the word!

Warm Regards,

Catherine Sobral
Front Desk Supervisor
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Shorebreak is one our new favorite Hotels! The location is perfect, right across from the pier & close to restaurants & bars & shops. The hotel is fun & has a great vibe.
I was a little concerned about it being dog friendly (we love our outside dogs) but our room & the common areas were all very clean & smelled fresh.
We had room 458 & while it did not have an ocean view it had a large private patio & was very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room had a mini fridge & coffee maker. The bathroom was huge & the shower was five or 6 feet long! My husband loved it & wants to redo our bathroom at home to put in a similar shower!
The bathroom was stocked with amenities that included shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, mouthwash, Q-tips & cotton balls. It even had a nice bath robe.
All of the staff made us feel like we were coming home even though this was our first stay there. Stephanie at the front desk really stood out though & is an absolute treasure.
We enjoyed the free wine reception in the evenings & we shared the Chocolate Ganache at Zimzalas Restaurant & Bar one night & it was yummy!
The valet parking is $27 per day & the valet attendants were very polite & helpful. Finding the valet parking was a little confusing though. We passed the hotel on Pacific Coast Highway & turned right & pulled in to the garage only to be told that was not the valet parking. We had to exit the garage & go around to the other side of the block where the valet attendants were. We actually passed them the first time (probably because we were to busy looking at the ocean) & had to circle the block again.
There is a CVS in the building below the hotel & it was so convenient to stock up & they had great prices! Bargain Bike Rentals is also right up the street & we rented bikes there for $10 each for the whole day! Riding bikes down the boardwalk was one of the highlights of our trip.
We absolutely loved the Shorebreak Hotel & I would highly recommend it. Our only complaint was that we only had two days there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear CoolBreezeCruiser

It sounds like you had a fabulous stay with us and got to experience everything the Shorbreak and downtown Huntington Beach has to offer. The bathrooms are one of my favorite features in our hotel, I don’t think you can find a bathroom that size in any other hotel. If your husband needs some design tips I am sure our engineers could give him some on our bathroom styles. The bathrooms sure do make you feel like you are on a spa weekend.
You had the Chocolate Ganache! Isn’t it mouth watering?! That is a favorite of many whom eat at Zimzala. There are so many scrumptious items on the menu to try that it’s hard to choose. You will just have to keep coming back to try the rest and experience even more of Huntington Beach. I hope you got to find some time to sit at our Fire Pits and eat Smores that is another favorite amenity we have here. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hidden treasure, Stephanie. She is a real asset to our team here at Shorebreak.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#10 of 21 in Huntington Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel? Share your experiences!