WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Huntington Beach
New York City, New York
“I would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location across the street from Huntington Beach Pier. There are a lot of stores for shopping and restaurants in a very close vicinity. The room was very clean and spacious. I want a big shower like that in my house! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cryd827
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear cryd827,

Deepest thanks in regards to your review. I too love our big showers. It can get a little cold though with all the space and no doors. We really appreciate the wonderful comments and I am going to hold you to coming back again J/K. Thanks again for staying at Shorebreak, please come visit us again really soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came here alone for vacation and the Staff is VERY friendly, they made me feel very welcomed. my room was immaculate, trendy and cozy. Loved the complimentary wine hour and hotel restaurant has great food and staff. Short walk away from the pier, shopping and FOOD!! I had a slight issue with my tv but they were really accommodating with resolving it :) I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank motoXracerGirl
Dear motoXracerGirl,

Are you really a MotoX Racer? Thats so cool. You have to come by the next time you stay with us and introduce yourself. The staff sends a shout out for recognizing them for their efforts. Thank you so much for the kind review, we really apprecate the exposure. Hopefully we will see you again really soon when its time t take another vacation.

Rancho Mirage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is great. Period. Five stars. Are there nits to be picked? Sure. Can't believe they charge for internet access. Which costs the hotel nothing. And the parking is ridiculously expensive. But it's not the hotel's fault. It's the city of Huntington Beach that's determined to rip off tourists.

That said, we loved this place. We always travel with our Golden Retriever, and they treated her as one of the family. The service is spectacular. We were checked in by an angel named Jill. But truth be told, everyone on the staff is wonderful. My family owned a hotel for 35 years, and I know this is a difficult business. But this management is obviously top of the line, as is the staff.

The restaurant is very good as well, if perhaps a little pricey. The room was spotless. They have a sorta funky sliding door for the bathroom, which I guess is all the style. But I hated it. No privacy at all.

But the decor is spectacular, the room exceptional, and the bedding and linens top shelf all the way.

They have an interior courtyard with fire pits -- a really good design and a nice touch.

If you stay here, I am certain you will love your visit. Especially if you travel with Man's best friend.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room with the wrap-around deck. Spectacular.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thecaddy
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear thecaddy,

Great screen name, especially coming from Palm Springs with all the golf courses. A huge thank you from our entire staff for the kind compliments about the staff and our hotel. I also appreciate the comments about the parking, which is correct that the city has control over that. It is a priority that your furry friend has a good time too. I hope he was able to take advantage of the doggy menu. We really apprciate the return business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms were comfortable and decorated better than most. Wireless internet worked well. Exercise room was good for me - 2 elipticals, a recumbent bike, treadmill, weights, exercise balls, etc. The only complaint was that there wasn't anywhere to hang your clothes to dry. I would work out, then wash my gear in the sink, but then had trouble finding anywhere to hang them. They had free wine each night in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank onustack
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear onustack,

Just a quick shout out and thank you for posting a review of your experience with us here at Shorebreak. We really appreciate the positive comments. I was sorry to hear that you didn't have anything to hang your wet clothes on. We recently had a suggested to add an additional hook in the shower to hang surfer's wet suits on after surfing, which we are doing.

We really hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for staying with us.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was so excited to find a room here within my company's allowance a couple of months ago, I just wish that happened more frequently cause I would rather stay here every time I visit Orange County! Everything about this hotel is comfortable, the rooms are well designed and laid out, the bathrooms are a good size, the furniture is comfortable. The common spaces are nice as well, the courtyard area is really nice to relax and sit by the fire pits. My most recent stay I had a room overlooking the courtyard and it did get a bit loud at times, so I prefer the outer rooms. Just like every other Joie de Vivre hotel I've stayed at, the service was excellent. The location is also really good. I was sad I didn't have more time to walk around on this last trip because there is a LOT to walk to. It's also pretty easy to get to other parts of Orange County from here, so even if the beach isn't your destination, I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear aknoble,

Thanks for mentioning our key location on this site. I was so happy to hear that you've stayed with us before and wanted so badly to come back. Joie De Vivre's main advanatge over the competing hotels is the people we hire. Many of our hotels do not have all the bells and whistles that the larger hotels have. We really appreciate all the compliments from the rooms to the public areas. Thanks for being such a loyal customer to Joie de Vivre, we really appreciate it.

Washington, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is right in downtown Huntington Beach within walking distance of many great restaurants and the beach. The location is fantastic, I like motels where I can leave the car parked and walk everywhere I need to go. The motel is also very clean and nice. I especially like the bean bag furniture. The beds were much more comfortable as well. This is one of the more memorable hotels I have stayed in, very nice.

Also, the hotel staff is fantastic. I have not experienced better service. I highly recommend this motel and will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear WAhiker,

Our staff would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments you left about them in your review. Above all, comments about the people that work here get us the most excited. I will be sure to post this review in our employee break room for everyone to see,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a Relais & Chateaux many-time hotel guest, I find the Shorebreak, well, FRESH. The service from reservation, valet parking, check-in, greeting by name throughout my stay and check-out is seamless. A choice of complimentary amenities like valet parking, breakfast, newspaper or bottle of wine adds to the value of the experience. I enjoyed an ocean-front junior suite both stays, and caught views of surfers out at sunrise and para-surfers at sunset. A complimentary glass of wine at wine hour in the lobby is also appreciated. I especially appreciate the option to waive daily housekeeping for a $5 Zimzala gift card per day, and though there are a multitude of dining options in the area, Zimzala is always one of my first choices for extraordinary food and service. Shorebreak's commitment to green lifestyle is also a draw. I really cannot say enough about the Shorebreak, and can't wait to return. I live on the east coast, and have a daughter who lives on the west coast. Though it's a long plane ride, the John Wayne airport is easy, car rental is easy, and as soon as I pull up to the Shorebreak - I feel the west coast vibe...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear brklynbnd,

We really appreciate a review that mentions some of our "green" efforts here at the hotel. Thank you so much for the kind comments about the staff and Zimzala. It is such a joy to know when someone has come back for a return stay. The survival of a small hotel like us really depends on our loyal guests. We sure hope to see you out here again really soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 20 in Huntington Beach
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel? Share your experiences!