Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
$297
$240
  • Pool
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$148
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
$125
$280
$249
  • Beachfront
$107
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
$435
$374
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
$149
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$172
1,219 results
All reviewswine houracross the streetping pongdog beachdog friendly hotellaid backperfect locationwalk in showerhotel restaurantocean viewshopping and restaurantshuge bathroomfront desk staffloved this hotelvalet parkingbeach chairsmain st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a great location and our room had a nice big verandah to watch the sunset from. The free glass of wine each night was also a nice touch. The lack of free wifi was a let down. Especially as we used wifi to book the room. Car parking was also not included. For the price it was a little disappointing.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coctailqueen
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Coctailqueen,

Just wanted to send a quick thank you for your short review of the hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I will be sure to let the staff know about your wonderful comments.

I do apologize for the issues with charging for the internet and parking. The wifi and parking fees are right in line with the comparable hotels in the area and we do our best to match or offer a lower price to draw guests to stay with us. We do our best to post this on our website and on all publications. It is also attached to our comfirmation, which is sent to every guest who books directly through our website.

Sincere apologies,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the Shorebreak over the internet because it touted a great location in Huntington Beach, Ca overlooking the pier. We actually had trouble driving up to it because the entrance is kind of tucked away which ended up adding to it's privacy. Valet parking was the first thing we encountered but other reviews had convinced me to accept this as part of the package in southern California. What helped me with the price was how courteous and professional the valet system was at the Shorebreak. I never had to wait for my car and it one of the very few systems I felt was worth the money. The hotel is a stylish upscale surfer motif. Our room had a nice HD flat screen TV next to a cloth covered bean bag chair! Front desk was always accessible and very friendly, housekeeping was outstanding, security good. Location was perfect for shopping, dining and there is even a brand name pharmacy around the corner. And the pier/beach was across the street, it doesn't get anymore convenient than that. But when it is all said and done, I think it the service, all aspects of service, is what I'll remember and recommend it for.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go, nice balcony, but a longer walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

To jackie049,

A sincere thank you from the staff and valet for your awesome comments about the staff here at Shorebreak. We try so hard every day to building relationships with our guests and it seems we have won you over. AWESOME! Deepest gratitude for the high praises of the staff here at the hotel and in valet. I will be spreading the joy.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has it all. The staff at check in were so nice and helpful. The hotel is decorated in young, surfer motif and accents. There is photographic art everywhere, which we loved. There are so many little touches that make this place fun and cool, like the pictures of surfers in a bubble frame with sand inside on every door. We had a room with a balcony view of the ocean. Our bathroom was the best part of the room. It has a large walk-in shower (no door - just a glass half-wall), super huge garden tub, sleek stream lined facilities. We had a large screen TV in our room with HD cable. There is a happy hour in the lobby. The restaurant / bar that is part of the hotel has really great, first-class food. We loved sitting in the outdoor lounge in the center of the hotel that had fire pits and sandy areas. Very cool. The hotel is perfectly placed across from the main pier. There is shopping and restaurants and sushi bars all along the street of the hotel. We loved this hotel and will definitely be back. The only problem of sorts that we had was the parking. On the day that we arrived it was raining, so the hotel valet had moved below the hotel in general parking. We arrived at about midnight with our rental car and parked as we thought we were supposed to do in general parking below the hotel. I guess what we were really supposed to do was to valet park it below with the valet who had moved their operation below (although the valet folks didn't say anything and we didn't understand the procedure). When we went to leave in the car, we were charged for two days (arriving shortly before midnight and leaving at 9 a.m the next morning) which was $40. We worked it out and were reimbursed, but it was not a good surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear 3skippingtown,

What an awesome review of the hotel, minus the parking. I just wanted to thank you for posting a review of your travels to Shorebreak. It appears you had a great time, including at Zimzala the hotel restaurant, which by the way I would agree that it has first class food. I will be sure to post your comments for all the restaurant employees to see.

I do apologize for the parking challenges. It was nice to know we were able to take care of you immediately.

Thanks again,

Paul J, Frechette

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the welcome we got on check-in, very friendly not stuffy at all. The happy hour (free wine!) was welcome after our drive down from LA and our intercontinental flight. The property is by the beach, but not on it. The PCH is in front of the hotel, but it never seemed that loud to us. We had an ocean view, top floor, so very light, and we could open the balcony doors for fresh air. The restaurant was really good, great food and super wine selection. The hotel is well-located for everything on HB, near to the pier, other restaurants. It had a really SoCal friendly vibe.
If I cared, there is no pool. But you have got the Pacific Ocean on your doorstep.

Room Tip: Book a high room, with oceanviews.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
pfrechette42, Manager at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Daniellaweigner,

Bayern Munich is my favorite soccer team! It is so awesome that you came so far and enjoyed your stay with us here at Shorebreak. Being a newer hotel, we are just starting to see more and more international travelers. Thank you for mentioning the wine hour, the restaurant and especially the staff. The one area we feel Shorebreak is strong at is our staff, so it means a lot when someone mentions the people who work here. please recommend us to anyone you know traveling out to the states and we will be sure to take extra special care of them.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

There is a reason hotel's like this one win numerous awards. So it didn't come as a huge surprise that the location was amazing, the service at the front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating, and the rooms were modern and comfortable. What did come as a surprise was how flexible the hotel was at adapting to a variety of needs. I was in Orange Country on business and felt every bit as professional as staying at a 4-star Hilton in LA. The hotel was a great place to entertain clients and the restaurant was excellent. At the same time, I would have felt extremely comfortable there with my wife and/or my family. Being directly across from the beach and the Huntington Pier was a great perk as I was able to get in a few hours of surfing during down time. Little things that I really liked about the hotel included the convenient valet parking, the atmosphere and decor, how easy it was to get late check out, daily newspapers, etc. I would strongly encourage you to join the Joy of Life Club to get immediate perks. The best compliment I can give is found in the fact that I will absolutely be back the next time I am in Orange County.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jeff F,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Shorebreak. It was an absolute pleasure serving you. Thank you for mentioning so many great things about our hotel. Especially for mentioning the Joy of Life Club which most guest take advantage of. We try our best to be flexible for every guest. The ability to custominze every guests stay is really what gives us a leg up on the competition. Because we are a small hotel, it enables us to get to know our guests better.

Thanks for stopping by!