“Vittorio's Italian Restaurant”

Huntington Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vittorio's Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was a word of mouth restaurant recommended to me. It has survived this area through good years and bad while many have gone under. I went there recently and the food was every bit as good as I remembered. I used to waitress for the best Italian restaurant in Palm Beach and this restaurant is an equal rivial!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank LocalFoodie369

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Vegan Diet Triumph”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm a big fan of Italian restuarants and this place was fantastic. I've just taken up a Vegan diet as a recommendation from my doctor. I tried the Linguini al Pesto which was delicious and so was the Funghi Portebello (I'm not sure if that's spelled correctly, but hopefully you can find it on the menu!). The service was superb and very friendly. The owner and his crew were serving so it felt like we were being served dinner at their home...only in a booth! I had an engaging conversation with the owner to find out how he came to run the place. My Vegan diet kept my options limited, but my other dinner companions were not and they raved about their dinners.

I'm really picky about the olive oil they use in an Italian restuarant. It makes a huge difference in my opinion. You see a lot of the cheap olive in a lot of restuarants. If you dip bread in it, it better be top notch and these guys use the best stuff. California has some of the best olive oil. I mean the local stuff. The imported stuff from Italy is sometimes 6 months or older and loses all of its peppery taste. Enough of my rant. If you love enjoying good Italian food and sweet, friendly service then take a look.

• Visited August 2011
Fountain Valley, California
“Best Pizza in Town”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was tired of Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, so decided to take my wife and try Vittorios. We had a great experience. Had specialty pizza with mushrooms and chicken. "Absolutely delicious!! Kicked back with the wife to watch little league game at the bar. It's a cozy place to kick back and have a few drinks. Food is good and drinks are generous. Will be back again!

• Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best lamb in town!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I decided to go to vittorios after a few years. I hadn't been to the place in ten years. I had heard the owner passed away a few years back. I didnt know if the food would be the same. The food is still top notch. I remember driving down with my wife many years ago as she loved the lamb shank and wouldn't eat it anywhere else saying "it's the way you cook it." This is the first fine dining restaurant I had ever taken her when we first started dating 30 years ago and she loved it. We started off with the caprese which is the best Italian appetizer in my opinion. Don't get me wrong there are many great Italian appetizers but there's something about a caprese that just does it for me. I had the veal. It was very tender and cooked perfectly. With the garlic bread and wine it's the best veal in the city. I will be back and I hope they know the history this restaurant holds and keep it going the same way has.

1 Thank Raymond1124