“How an incompetent manager can cost you loyal customers”

The Cheesecake Factory
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We love Cheesecake factory and so do most of our visitors coming from abroad. One in particular, my brother-in-law, who visiting from Canada for only eight days managed to dine at three different CF locations. A die-hard, almost obsessive customer? Absolutely. A dream for anybody in the restaurant business. On the way to LAX they were hoping to grab one more bite at the CF in Mission Viejo. The wait was over an hour so I told them to continue on to Huntington Beach. I would call ahead so that they would still be on time for their flight. The hostess taking my call told me sorry, no reservations or call-aheads. I asked to speak to the Manager. On comes Megan who after I explained the situation and asking for a 10 minute call ahead exception for very loyal customers on their way to catch a flight, makes a point of parroting 'the CF rules' repetitiously and in a very dismissive manner. It immediately felt like the Saturday Night live 'buh bye' skid. Need I say more?

1  Thank sjonnaert

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went here for a business lunch and had some really very good food. Everybody in our party was very happy with the food. The service was good and they have a very nice outside patio area for dining. All in all a very good place for lunch in Huntington Beach.

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I ordered the following when we visited The Cheesecake Factory: Fresh Kale Salad, Stuffed Mushrooms, Crispy Crab Bites, Thai Lettuce Wraps, Steak Diane, Chargrilled Coulotte Steak, Banana Cheesecake and Original Cheesecake.

The Fresh Kale Salad was served with cranberries, apples, marcona almonds and green beans tossed with a Buttermilk-Black Pepper Dressing. Although this menu item is listed under the small plates and snacks, the serving size was enough for my husband and I to share. We asked for the dressing on the side, so that we could control how much dressing to put because we don't like our salads drenched in dressing. We will definitely order this salad again because it is healthy, fresh, and delicious!

The Stuffed Mushrooms were also listed under the small plates and snacks menu item, so we got 6 bite sized stuffed mushrooms that I shared with my husband. The mushrooms are stuffed with fontina and parmesan cheese, garlic and herbs in a wine sauce. We will definitely order this menu item again because it was very yummy!

The Crispy Crab Bites are featured in the small plates and snacks menu as well as in the SkinnyLicious Menu. These bite-sized little crab cakes are served with mustard sauce. This item tasted okay. There was nothing special about the flavors, so I will most likely not order this menu item again.

The Thai Lettuce Wraps are featured under the Appetizers menu. When you receive this item, you will be amazed by the display of food and colors! All of the ingredients are laid out on a boat shaped dish, so that you can create your own lettuce tacos! Ingredients: Satay Chicken Strips, Carrots, Bean Sprouts, Coconut Curry Noodles and Lettuce Leaves with three delicious Spicy Thai Sauces – Peanut, Sweet Red Chili and Tamarind-Cashew. The mixture of all of these ingredients will burst into your mouth! This dish is a bit messy, but definitely fun, colorful, and flavorful! I will definitely order this menu item in future visits!

Steak Diane: I asked the server about the most ordered menu item and he recommended the Steak Diane. This certified angus beef steak is adequately covered with black peppercorns and a rich mushroom wine sauce (with few pieces of mushrooms) and served with perfectly mashed potatoes and grilled onions. This meal was by far, my most favorite menu item! The portion sizes are large, so I was only able to eat half of what was provided. This meal tasted even better for lunch the next day!

My husband and daughter ordered the Chargrilled Coulotte Steak (Prime Sirloin). Although this steak is served with French Fries and Crispy Onion Rings, both my husband and daughter substituted this part with steamed broccoli. From what I heard, they both enjoyed the steak and broccoli very much. The steak was nice and tender and the sauce from the steak was delicious!

Dessert: I shared a Banana Cheesecake with my husband and our daughter ordered the Original Cheesecake. The cheesecake tasted like bananas and the sliced bananas that covered the cheesecake were fresh. This cheesecake wasn't rich and sweet, which is exactly what I like! I will definitely order the banana cheesecake the next time I visit The Cheesecake Factory!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great restaurant, everything ones expects from a good Cheesecake Factory, delicious and BIG portions, very friendly service and decadently sinful desserts!!!
Go pig out, the diet can wait till tomorrow.
What better way to end a day on the beach.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great area! It is located in a little upscale shopping center. We chose to eat outside by the fountain and it was a wonderful, cool evening. They turned on the outside heaters when it got dark and we were very comfortable. The food and service were excellent.
The only downside is parking can be tough in the mall area as there are a lot of shops and restaurants with a lot of people coming there.