“poor poor experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hopland
Piazza de Campovida Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hopland B&B and Inns
Santa Rosa, Ca
“poor poor experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2008

It could have been a really awesome place to stay. It was pricey, but the room was fantastic. The problem was in the parking lot adjacent to my room was a annual fire department fund raiser with a live rock band that played late in to the evening. I rented the room to have a relaxing romantic getaway. The music blaring outside our window ruined our experience. When I complained to the manage in the morning she offered a 10% reduction off our room bill. I told her our stay was a horrible experience and asked her to do better, 10% off was an insult to me. We should have been made aware of the rock band playing outside our window when we reserved the room. I asked for the information to contact the owner, she refused. She was snotty and defensive. Our bill should have been discounted a lot more than 10%. They advertised a relaxing stay on there web site, and we were extremely dissatisfied. Don't stay here...

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank one66model
Andrew R, General Manager at Piazza de Campovida Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

My name is Andrew Radabaugh and I wanted to reach out about your lousy experience.

There have been many changes since your visit. I am the General Manager and I take feedback very seriously including folks who may have had an experience like yours years ago. The BBQ is now hosted away from the hotel at the fire station. I would like to invite you back to stay in our hotel or have dinner in our fabulous restaurant. We invite you to come and experience the 5 star experience we strive to offer.

Andrew

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed July 28, 2005

I found this dream of an inn while traveling to Northern California on my way to Oregon. This premier inn recently opened with a stagecoach stop theme and has truly beautiful suites with every imaginable amenity inside this unique mission-style "Villa". The inn is about 2 hours North of San Francisco in the quaint and charming town of Hopland. This eclectic little town has numerous antique shops and many wine tasting facilities. The Lawson's Station has a majestic appearance and is hard to miss. When you walk in there is a breathtaking stairwell that climbs to the second floor where the wonderful appointed suites are. They even have the only elevator in Hopland! All are very private and extremely quiet. Each has a fireplace, wet bar, double showers and soaking spa tubs. They have the baths well stocked with fluffy towels and toiletries. Marble and granite counters with very posh furniture and designer decorating. Each suite has a private balcony with seating. There was definitely no expense spared building this inn! Everything around you is new and you feel like you just stepped into a beautiful model home. It was hard to leave. They treat you like royalty and everyone I met was extremely friendly and made me feel at home. A bottle of cold champagne and flowers with fresh fruit was in the room when I arrived. The beds are high quality and very comfy with easy Direct TV/DVD television viewing. There is an awesome turn of the century wine tasting bar downstairs that has the most beautiful peacock stained glass side window lights I have ever seen. The bar is antique and very inviting to visit. They have gifts as well as their own wine "McNab" which John Parducci designed. The Shotgun Restaurant in the Inn has a menu with feasts of steak, bison, seafood, duck, chicken and pastas. I ordered their signature Buffalo Shortribs and they were excellent. My meal was served properly and was as beautiful to look at as it was delicious. The prices were very reasonable. Lawson's Station is owned and was built by Mr. Jim Lawson, who also runs one of the largest working buffalo ranches in the West. His 1000-acre ranch is a few miles North and he has special packages available for inn guests to come to the ranch where he gives them a special tour of the buffalo, VERY up close and personal I must say, in his special "Tatonka Wagon", which means buffalo wagon. It is an open air tram type bus that he narrates the tour in. They stop at his private lake for wine and snacks after the tour. You are allowed to take pictures and I was told sometimes see the newborn babies when they are just hours old. This would make a very special and unique gift for anyone. Mendocino is very close with the Skunk Train and the cute shops on the coast as well as the multitudes of boutique wineries along the way. They apparently hold several really fun festivals in Hopland including a premier wine tasting/food pairing event where you go from winery to winery on a van and stop at each inn or winery and sample their vintages and hordeurves together. Close by is the Pomo Indian Visitor Center, The Grace Hudson Museum, The home of Seabiscuit Ridgewood Ranch which you can tour, The Historical Bordello Museum in Mendocino as well as golfing and nearby fishing. I really have never been more impressed by a new lodging facility as much as this one. A great weekend getaway or honeymoon for that matter. Don't miss it!

19 Thank val2val
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopland
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites
Auberge on the Vineyard
Auberge on the Vineyard
#4 of 5 in Cloverdale

Been to Piazza de Campovida Inn? Share your experiences!