“Charged us before explaining prcedures and charged us for cancelling immediatly”

Homewood Mountain Resort
Reviewed December 31, 2017

Horrible experience. We came in at 3pm to order ski lessons for my husband and 4yr old. After they took our payment of $329 the sales girl at the counter then tells us we have to be here an hour and half early. We decided to cancel right after she told us that but she refused to us to cancel without paying $50 per person because of their 24hr. cancellation policy. If we would have known about their "policy" and would have known about the early arrival we would have thought twice about booking the lessons since we are staying 1.5hrs away. They ended up settling our cancellation but had to charge $50! Unacceptable- not to mention only 2 slopes were open!.

1  Thank Loren Z
Jessica W, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We apologize about the experience regarding your reservation. We always strive to keep our guests informed on the product policies. The 24 hour policy is in place to assist our team to ensure we have appropriate staffing levels. We will be sure to bring up your concerns in our next manager meeting to discuss how to better communicate this to our guests and avoid this in the future. Thank you again, we hope to have the opportunity to host your family in the future.

Jessica Wellman

in 18 reviews
"ellis"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

Superb Green run called Rainbow Ridge from the summit down towards the Lake. You get some of the best views around Lake Tahoe. Then as you warm up on this long run you get to ski the exhilarating Diamond Black of The Face back down to Base lodge and a deserved drink in the bar. Although not as high as some of its neighbours this is a great, little ski resort at Lake level. Really good value for money with less damage to your wallet for a good day's skiing.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Went up with a friend for an impromptu ski trip. Great prices. Great people. I am not an advance skier, so I could care less about black diamonds. I like not having to wait in line at the lift and not being run over by tourists in helmets trying to set land speed records going down the hill. All the other places charge way too much for me since I don't care about technical stuff.

I also lost my wallet on the slopes. It was turned in and the guest services folks hung around for me to get back to the hotel. (20 minutes after closing) This place has my business for life. I'll always ski there when I come back. Best kept secret on the lake.

1  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed March 27, 2017

We bought a three-day pass for our children to learn how to ski and used it over the course of two trips while my husband and I enjoyed skiing on the large & glorious mountain.

Pros: Everyone is so nice and willing to help. The snow was amazing the year and there are two mountains you can enjoy with ease for a reasonable price (get -the 3 day pack).

The kids ski school is so good and our kids loved the experience. They also serve hot and healthy food at lunch time so you just have to worry about kidding your child to the school at 9 am and picking them up at 3:30 pm.

The mountain has a wide range of green, blue and black ranges. They also set up some jumping areas which our kids loved.

The views of Lake Tahoe are majestic as well when it isn't overcast.

Cons: The mountain is dated and the food options are very limited so bring a bag of goodies (including hot drinks) and enjoy them at the blue hut half way down the mountain otherwise you have to go all the way down to the one restaurant on the mountain.

If you want an alternative to Squaw that is less busy and hectic, I highly recommend Homewood!