“Ski Trip”

Homewood Mountain Resort
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Went up with a friend for an impromptu ski trip. Great prices. Great people. I am not an advance skier, so I could care less about black diamonds. I like not having to wait in line at the lift and not being run over by tourists in helmets trying to set land speed records going down the hill. All the other places charge way too much for me since I don't care about technical stuff.

I also lost my wallet on the slopes. It was turned in and the guest services folks hung around for me to get back to the hotel. (20 minutes after closing) This place has my business for life. I'll always ski there when I come back. Best kept secret on the lake.

1  Thank Matthew T
in 18 reviews
"ellis"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We bought a three-day pass for our children to learn how to ski and used it over the course of two trips while my husband and I enjoyed skiing on the large & glorious mountain.

Pros: Everyone is so nice and willing to help. The snow was amazing the year and there are two mountains you can enjoy with ease for a reasonable price (get -the 3 day pack).

The kids ski school is so good and our kids loved the experience. They also serve hot and healthy food at lunch time so you just have to worry about kidding your child to the school at 9 am and picking them up at 3:30 pm.

The mountain has a wide range of green, blue and black ranges. They also set up some jumping areas which our kids loved.

The views of Lake Tahoe are majestic as well when it isn't overcast.

Cons: The mountain is dated and the food options are very limited so bring a bag of goodies (including hot drinks) and enjoy them at the blue hut half way down the mountain otherwise you have to go all the way down to the one restaurant on the mountain.

If you want an alternative to Squaw that is less busy and hectic, I highly recommend Homewood!

Reviewed March 26, 2017

We skied three days:
Day 1 - t-shirt skiing
Day 2 - rain/slush
Day 3 - a foot of powder

All three days were fun (obviously day 3 was the best). Really enjoyed the laid back staff and uncrowded mountain. Our 5 year old beginner got three days of semi-private ski school, had a great time and went from zero to competent snowplow monster. Had a great time, would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

We loved homewood, having skied all the big resorts this the low key, family centered was just lovely. No boarders or skiers 'tearing' it up which was important to us as we were skiing with our children who are only in their second year. No lift lines most runs are groomed and best of all the spectacular lake views. Some runs feel like you are going to ski off into the lake. One negative..... the food is horrible - we saw lots of families picnicking in the parking lot