“Great Deal for child lessons” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Mountain Resort

Homewood Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Homewood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Deal for child lessons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had two of our kids get full day lessons on Tuesday 1-22-13. Very smooth and nice staff with getting them geared up. The instructors were awesome and spent extra time with our daughter. My wife and I had the 3 year old and played in the snow nearby. We got hunger at lunch but the Ski Resort cafe was not opened. I don't blame them because it probably would not be worth it being that it was a Tuesday and there was not many People here. I went around the corner to a lil market and got deli sandwiches and a Firestone. Big shout out to Paso Robles they have our beer up here!!!! Our family loves Homewood!!!

1 Thank Manga5

San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Small mountain but amazing views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went this past weekend with my husband and we were blown away with the amazing views of the Lake while snowboarding down the mountain. Most of the trails are blue/black but if that doesn't bother you then check it out! The trails are super wide and views straight down.

It's a small mountain, so the lifts are not as fast as the other larger mountains and not as long. It took a long time to get to the top from the bottom, but otherwise we had fun.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank angchang
Naperville, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful views, great for families, slow lifts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best views of Lake Tahoe! Good value for the ticket price.
Mountain is smaller but enough to find what you like.
We visited on President's day weekend, so we had probably more people than usual. They have one express lift which was very crowded, other lifts are old and very slow.

Southern lodge was packed, food limited, no ice for drinks, no ketchup, no mustard. But except for food it was great trip - views are worth it.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Milan V
South Pasadena
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Avoid the children's ski school”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We chose Homewood for the children's ski school, thinking it would be a smaller, more intimate, positive experience. Unfortunately this was NOT the case. Most of the "instructors" are from South America (cheap labor through a work study program?) and their ability to speak and understand English was very limited - a terrible idea for young children trying to communicate their needs and trying to understand what's being said. I heard instructors barking out orders/suggestions in Spanish. Really??There were large children to instructor ratios with no assistants for either our 9 yr old, 8 yr old or 5 yr old group classes.

I watched child after child in trouble, on the ground,completely ignored - "instructors" just walking by. Our 8 year old said "she just told us what to do, but didn't teach me anything", and having watched, I tend to agree. They spent the ENTIRE morning part of the class learning how to walk - sideways and the crab walk only. Not very fun or interesting for a child.

Our 8 year old who doesn't eat meat was presented a pita bread pocket with limp zucchini and red bell pepper, hummus and tufts of sprouts. Can you spell gross?! The manager of the children's program refused to acknowledge that such food is not appetizing to 95% of children and when I suggested that maybe a quesadilla, a bean and cheese burrito, or a piece of pizza might be a better choice for a child she argued "I have 150 students, and we can't cater to all their whims and desires" followed by "I get lots of picky eaters". She might look at the source to consider the cause of all the "pickiness". For the meat eaters, there was a corn dog and potato chips. Hmmm. Where's the fruit? Where's the carrot sticks?

It's interesting to note the lack of response to reviews about Homewood from their management on this website. I think they really don't care.

We'll take our children to the real school that pays for qualified instructors who actually LIKE children.

Visited December 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice small mountain.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went on a very busy weekend and you could tell it was not something they were used to. Lift lines were a mess with no organization. The employees here however were all super friendly. We did not encounter one person with an attitude even on a busy day.

Mountain is not easy to navigate and its not well marked at all. This is a true locals ski spot. Lot of flats when trying to get across the mountain. Not so bad on skis, tough on a snowboard. For the price this resort is perfect.

I would recommend going here at least once for the views alone. Also, make sure you swing by the west shore cafe at least for a drink at the bar. Views there are unbeatable.

Visited December 2012