“Expensive but worth it”
Review of West Shore Cafe

West Shore Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
West Shore Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Homewood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Homewood Mountain Resort
Transit: Tahoe Area Regional Transit hosts a shuttle drop-off and pick-up location outside the West Shore Cafe.
Description: A picturesque lakefront restaurant and inn located at Lake Tahoe's west shore, the West Shore Cafe offers guests delicious cuisine and superb service amidst some of the world's most beautiful surroundings. West Shore Cafe offers a festive and romantic Lakeview setting with elegant, yet approachable cuisine at affordable prices. As a year-round destination, the West Shore Cafe beckons skiers during the winter months and is mere steps from sister property, Homewood Mountain Resort. During summer months, the West Shore Cafe's location is ideal for those cruising the bike path, as well as boaters touring Lake Tahoe. West Shore Cafe hosts several buoys, and welcomes boaters and kayakers ashore.
Del Mar, California
“Expensive but worth it”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We did a mid-winter dinner here and found it delightful
Pricey for sure but food is real creativeService is actually great for Tahoe

Visited January 2014

Reno, NV, USA
“A Real Pleasure”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Four of us had a holiday celebration at West Shore Café. We opted for a 2 PM lunch reservation and asked for, and got, a window table to enjoy the view of Lake Tahoe. It was a bright, sunny day and the startling blue of Lake Tahoe was a delight.

For starters we had Breads and Spreads and The Pickle Jar. The breads were fresh and the three spreads were very nicely prepared. The Pickle Jar included asparagus, celery root, bell peppers, garlic and other garden vegetables with aioli dipping sauce.

For one of the entrées we ordered the Chicken Gumbo with Andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp and chicken in a great sauce. The rice is served on top of the gumbo - a nice touch that lets you blend the rice and sauce to your taste. We ordered the Pasta Bolognese for the other entrée. The pasta is a penne and was perfectly prepared.

West Shore corkage policy is one-for-one. We ordered the Adami Prosecco to compliment the Poggio al Vento Brunello Riserva (1997) that we brought with us. West Shore has a very nice and comprehensive wine list.

Service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive.

This is a fine dining option in a great setting. Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“A charming inn at a beautiful location”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at West Shore for 4 nights for a wedding. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed for the season, but we loved this comfortable and immaculate inn. I will describe it as upscale with a pleasing rustic ambiance. We had a fire place which seemed to add romance to the room. The service was excellent and the bed heavenly. I felt so much at home here. In room continental breakfast with freshly baked muffins and croissants was included in the hotel price. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to put an enlargement mirror in the bathroom as putting on make up was a little strenuous for me. Everything else was just right.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Food is very hit and miss”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here for a late dinner. The restaurant is very pleasant, and you can sit outside overlooking the lake (in daylight. At night, it's pitch black but the sound of the water is pleasant). It's really quite a nice dining room - the ubiquitous flat-screen TV above the bar area showing US sports feels quite out of place. The menu is pushing expensive, and for the price you pay you should expect well prepared, well executed food that is interesting.

What we got was a real mixture. My soup to start was pleasant if bland. My girlfriend's salmon main course was very good, but my chicken main had to be sent back as it was far too salty. It was supposed to come with a sweet sauce, but there is no way that any chef tasted it before it left the kitchen, it is impossible that it would have gone out had they done so. I was told that this was the second time that dish had gone back that day, and I see that it is no longer on their menu. It takes a lot for me to send food back, I've only done it a few times in my life, but it was genuinely inedible.

There was a really nice surprise at the end of the meal though: the food we did have was half price as we were eating on a Monday. This was not advertised anywhere and was totally unexpected, but as I didn't pay for my chicken, it meant our bill was incredibly low - something like $50 for 1.5 courses with two glasses of wine. However had I had to pay for my chicken and had the food not been half price, it would have been horribly overpriced which is why I've given it only 2 stars. I am not sure if I would eat there again. Some of the food was excellent, and I wonder whether my chicken was just a terrible accident... but you do wonder how a kitchen can send something that is so obviously over-salted that I could still taste salt 4 hours later despite drinking 2 litres of water.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Bluebirdnick
Sacramento
“What a bargain”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After Labor Day the restaurants around the lake have 1/2 price menu's on Monday nights. Great deals on everything.

Visited September 2013