“always excellent food and service”
Review of West Shore Cafe

West Shore Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
West Shore Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Homewood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Homewood Mountain Resort
Transit: Tahoe Area Regional Transit hosts a shuttle drop-off and pick-up location outside the West Shore Cafe.
Description: A picturesque lakefront restaurant and inn located at Lake Tahoe's west shore, the West Shore Cafe offers guests delicious cuisine and superb service amidst some of the world's most beautiful surroundings. West Shore Cafe offers a festive and romantic Lakeview setting with elegant, yet approachable cuisine at affordable prices. As a year-round destination, the West Shore Cafe beckons skiers during the winter months and is mere steps from sister property, Homewood Mountain Resort. During summer months, the West Shore Cafe's location is ideal for those cruising the bike path, as well as boaters touring Lake Tahoe. West Shore Cafe hosts several buoys, and welcomes boaters and kayakers ashore.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

we always make sure we stop here when in Tahoe. Their food is excellent (oysters app is awesome), bartenders are knowledgeble and make an excellent manhattan. service is always friendly and helpful. i've been here as a couple and with family with small kids. been consistent every time.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had lunch which was very good. Two of us had the fish and chips, one hamburger and a french dip. All of the dishes were very good and we would have each of them again. The setting overlooking the lake is outstanding and for the winter it is a good location right across the street from the Homewood Ski resort. We are local cabin owners and would recommend this cafe to others also.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'd seen that this was a fairly new addition to the West Shore and luckily we managed to fit in a quick trip for some après Ski appetisers and drinks. The location is perfection: right on the lake, views are spectacular. Not many places around the lake are lucky enough to front directly onto the lake like this, it's worth a trip for this alone. The building itself is lovely inside; lots of dark and solid wood, long and open dining area. It's been fitted to a very high standard and would make the perfect venue for a wedding or other celebration. We had a couple of drinks and some food at the bar; some odd but tasty options - a pear and blue cheese flatbread was bizarre(my wife loved it) but the crab cakes were very nice. Staff seemed nice enough. If you visit Lake Tahoe then YOU MUST VISIT THIS PLACE. It's stunning.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant has a reputation as the best spot on Lake Tahoe for fine dining. I haven't tried them all, but my experience here is certainly consistent with that view. The view is breathtaking, and the food and service are top-rate. The prices are surprisingly consistent with those at comparable fine dining establishments even away from such resort areas. I was quite impressed.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thrilled about this place.... I am amazed that they have such fair to middlin' reviews. I did note it was closed for lunch today, Monday... so maybe the lunch wasn't faring so well. I know it's a seasonal place, and they just were forced to remove tables from the extended dock. But it's a beautiful place, and a stunning view... it beats the food anywhere around West Shore + North and South of there. It's amazing. Chambers Landing is no comparison, Sunnyside is lacking compared to this place. We went for dinner and sat outside after having drinks in the stunning bar area. The architecture of the building, as well as the rich tones and textures of the interior design, is awesome.

It feels like an old timey jaunt to a sophisticated & high class party at a mansion a la 1920's Lake Tahoe.

Our server was phenomenal.. walked that line of friendly vs professional incredibly well. She was actually pretty playful, and earnest... it was really refreshing.

Wifey's Beet Salad with goat cheese, radicchio, grapefruit was awesome, and the presentation was stellar. I had a poke sashimi appetizer, which was delicious.. not too fine cut so I could still taste the fish. Wife didn't like the presentation of her trout, littered with fries over the top of it. It was sort of an odd presentation, but it was cooked well. Her dessert of a lemon cake was unbelievable with a basil creme anglaise. Just amazing.

Okay.. don't judge me. But talk about a different take on a burger... the West Shore burger ground beef was mixed with butter and bacon, and served on a large whole wheat english muffin. I added cheese and avocado and I have to say... I didn't die. And it was one of the most interesting and rich burgers I have ever had. Read that = DELICIOUS. It took me two days to eat it, but hell. The fries were a treat too.

I might not say it's 5 stars for food overall... but for the atmosphere, the menu's creativity, the bar and dinner service... it's amazing, and I think it's safe to say this is your only *MUST* visit during your West Shore stay.

For sure.