“Very nice looking”
Review of Running Rooster

Running Rooster
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Hollister
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very clean family style with a little sports bar feel. Food was good, american foods, with a touch of oven roasted. Wait was a little too long for not much business noon on a fiday.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant is nicely decorated and very clean, but I can't say anything else positive about it. The hostess threw bar menus on the table. When the waitress came by she brought 2 dinners menus, but there were 3 of us at the table. I order the bacon wrapped filet. I asked fir it to be cooked medium well. When it was served it was completely rare! I sent it back. They returned it barely medium rare. My baked potato was not fully cooked. I ordered it with everything and they charged $1 extra for toppings. My son ordered off the kids menu. They charge extra if you want to substitute the side even on the children's menu. My son asked for a salad as his side. The waitess told him he couldn't have it because it wasn't on her list of choices for kids. Needless to say we will never go back. I have lived in Hollister for 23 years. It was the worst meal we have had at any restaurant in town. I will make sure to tell everyone I know to avoid it. If you decide to try it regardless of our horrible experience be warned, there is an extra charge for just about everything! Overpriced and definitely NOT worth it!

2  Thank Joan B
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious meal first night at this restaurant - an interesting tasty salad. A nice setting and reasonable selection of beers.
I enjoyed my meal and the good service with pleasant staff so returned again the next night for a meal.
I tried a traditional hamburger which likewise was enjoyed.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our friends have been telling us how wonderful the Running Rooster is since they remodeled. Somehow we just hadn't gotten to it yet. We're kicking ourselves now for missing out on all the great food we could of had. Our French dips with garlic infused carmalized onions were one greatest sandwiches ever. The fries were perfect. I ask for well done fries and thats what I got. I liked that they had a long low shelf full of kids toys to keep little ones happy. I don't have kids so enjoy when other peoples children are happy.

1  Thank Irene T
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Whenever I visit my family in Hollister I always plan to have a family dinner at the Running Rooster. After being recently remodeled, the interior is clean and simple. Nothing fancy. They have a good selection of beers on tap and one of my fav's, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat.
My brother and wife shared a prosciutto & roasted pepper pizza and I had a piece. Very tasty and a good crust.
My mom, who if very picky, loved her Cedar Plank Salmon. Me and my wife each had the ribeye with sweet potato fries. They cooked the steak exactly as we both requested and they were seasoned perfectly. My sister had the Chicken Walnut salad. It was a large salad and very well put together. I didn't try it but she said it was excellent.
They also have outstanding hamburgers that we've had on other occasions.
So if you are driving through Hollister, give it a try.