“Good Value”

Baymont Inn and Suites Hollister
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hollister
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice room, good mattress, refrig & micro, flat screen TV, free wi-fi, free continental breakfast with waffle maker, AC system worked well, close to hwy but road noise was minimal. Very good Japanese restaurant two blocks to south. Good value for $116.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, pick a room on the north side of the hotel, which is the side away from Hwy 25...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Some of these oh! so negative reviews!! I had committed to staying here and after reading the reviews thought "OMG, what am I in for!!" When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised...looked like new carpet, crisp and clean sheets, free internet, HBO, microwave and small fridge. Altho it was near Hiway 25 they must have good sound proofing as it was quiet...and i consider myself a light sleeper!!

It is perplexing to me how people could stay here within 1 month of me and have such a different experience!!

Room Tip: I always prefer top floor so no one is "walking" above me
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank phantom12345
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm sitting here and wondering why this place smells so bad...it truly stinks...if there was another choise of where to stay in Hollister I'd move Hotels...but there isn't...the room seems clean...but everything smells..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed on our way to pinnacles national park & I wish we had camped as my husband suggested. Camping would have been an upgrade. I booked based on other good experiences with best western & also there were not many options in the area. At arrival we noticed the pillows and sheets had stains on them & hairs. When we went to the restrooms we noticed the same on towels and cobwebs in the corners. When my husband showered I had him go in with flip flops & he noticed the soap scum & films of dirt as he was trying to clean up, obviously he didn't feel so fresh after. Coming back from dinner we were surprised to find the place was packed. They make good money somehow despite the conditions they keep. Anyhow, the morning brought even more disappointment, waking up and packing we noticed a condom wrapper by the bed & the extra sheet we needed overnight was used. There are no comforters just a blanket between two sheets so there was a chill overnight that made me have to get the used blanket in the TV dresser. The breakfast proved just as disgusting when we made coffee & the milk curled as we poured it into the coffee. The milk for the cereal was also left out without refrigeration or even iced to keep
it safe to use. Health inspectors need to keep a clise eye on this place. Overall, do not let the star rating fool you. Never again will I be fooled by false ratings.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Linport
Sanjay-Manager, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We welcome your comments.It will add to our efforts to exceed guest expectations of every type of guest by providing quality guest service. we are sorry that during your stay we could not achieve our objective.The box containing the coffee milk was returned to the seller "smart & final"and exchange was made though it had expiration date of September2013.We also clarify that milk container having milk has a inbuilt container for ICE and we ensure that it contains ice every day.Perhapes you might not have noticed the same.We are sorry to learn that you had so
many issues during your stay and we are surprised that those were not discussed.We however do not appreciate your comments regarding guest reviews when we find that you are challenging the credibility of guest comments on Trip Advisor and using the same process for your needs.We are also letting you know that we were and are ready for any surprise check of the hotel by any health dept at any time and your apprehensions in this regard are totally misplaced.....sanjay

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this motel 2 years ago for an extended amount of time. twice, house keeping totally ignored my room and didnt even supply their rough dingy towels..(sub standard for best western) the same thing happened this year. totally missed my room once and twice didnt even bother to clean the coffee pot. when I asked the staff about possibly discounting a bit for the day they didnt clean, she laughed out loud. Its a "working mans" motel at best. the worst "best western" I have stayed in and I hope I dont have to stay there again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel is run by the same type of people that run lots of other California hotels and their first priority is to make money! Staff was friendly. There was a black hair in the bathroom when we arrived. Other than that room was decent. Breakfast was very poor. Blinds in breakfast area were falling off. Pool was drained and out of service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mssmitty311
Sanjay-Manager, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We are sorry that we were short of your expectations during your stay.It is very unfortunate that
you stayed in the motel when heavy maintanance was going on.You were rightly dissatisfied
when you found one black hair in the room.That is not our or best westerns standard..We are known in this area for our repeat bussiness and our occupancy during the last month was 84.72%and till date in this month is 90.48%.We request you to forgive us for our lapse and give us another chance to serve you to your satisfaction.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hollister
Ridgemark Golf and Country Club Resort
Wiebe Motel
Wiebe Motel
#5 of 6 in Hollister

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Hollister? Share your experiences!