“Surprisingly good for a restaurant located in a strip mall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Ella - CLOSED

Cafe Ella
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
San Francisco Bay Area
“Surprisingly good for a restaurant located in a strip mall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Whether you stop in for lunch or dinner, Ella's doesn't disappoint. For lunch, you order and pay. Then your $10 lunch (delicious and healthy soups, salads, or panini) is brought out to your table. Dinner is full service. They offer a full selection of seasonal dishes including pasta, meat, and fish. The best thing that I have ever ordered there were lamb chops with gorgonzola cheese and a blueberry and port reduction. We always order a bottle of DeRose Old Vines Zinfandel, which is a wonderful bottle of wine for $40. We also try to save room for Ella's incredible bread pudding for dessert. The only thing that I have ever ordered that I wasn't wild about was the lasagna. I think they try too hard to make a healthier version. When I'm in the mood for lasagna, I'd rather splurge and go for the full-fat sausage and four-cheese version. Damn the consequences!

The atmosphere and service are both on par with the prices.

2 Thank 1CARoadWarrior

California
“You WIll Love It!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We love going to Ella's! Everything is fresh and delicious. Casual enough to meet friends for lunch, but elegant enough to go out on a date or celebrate something special.

The menu often reflects the season, and I believe comes from local growers. You can get a fabulous, gourmet lunch for less than $10. We love the Pavo Mia--which is a turkey panini.

In fact, there's not much in Hollister and one day we were lucky enough to be able to eat here on a Saturday around 2:30. They serve lunch until 4:00 and dinner until 9:00.

At dinnertime, the prices change and so does the menu but it's definitely worth it--flexible enough that you can find something tasty to accomodate your budget. Anything you order, you WILL like, I guarantee. A dessert called Chocolate Love is to die for.

The art on the walls changes often, as it is an opportunity for local artists to showcase and sell their work. Ella and her staff are gracious and friendly, and the restaurant is very clean and beautifully decorated. Wonderful wines, Italian soda. You'd never guess from the outside what a delight lies within!

Try it, you'll like it!