“best little place”
Review of Cinderella Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollister
Cinderella Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hollister
morgan hill
“best little place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

it's a small place but great price 59 a night and well worth it dont feel like a hotel more like a room of ur house comfortable beds very nice lady that run's the place welcomed us pipe liners has the best eating joint across the road Jerrys

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank deepeasttx
C. H, Guest Relations Manager at Cinderella Motel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for visiting us at the Cinderella Motel! We strive to maintain an atmosphere of home-like comfort for our guests and are so glad that you enjoyed that atmosphere during your stay - we hope that you'll visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for a short business trip. It feels like a family run kind of place with lot's of personal attention. The outside is nicely kept. The place has a kind of retro feel to it that I really like, Teh rooms are very clean and the service was non-intrusive.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool but it is very nice. It's clean and looked inviting!

I'd definitely stay again.It was a great find.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bob B
C. H, Guest Relations Manager at Cinderella Motel, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you, Bob, for visiting us at the Cinderella Motel in Hollister! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we're sure that you'll love our swimming pool and cabana recreation area. We hope that you'll visit us again soon!
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The lady at the front desk was so rude I decided to go elsewhere... I came in to see the motel and get a room but the woman at front desk saw me and refused to even talk to me I asked her a question and she just yelled at me... Her bad she lost out on us getting 2 rooms tonight and us coming back for labor day with the kids.. she needs to learn customer service skils!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank princess_char
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're so sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and we hope that you'll give us another chance soon- customer service is really important to us so we would love to make it up to you. Thanks again and have a great day!

Travelers are raving about these Hollister hotels

Northern California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This little motel is in a great location for scooting around to downtown Hollister, San Juan Batiste, Gilroy, and Pinnacles. It's not a luxury place so the rate is reasonable.

We had a tropical themed room (no sign on the door as to its name) with a parrot bedspread, wicker furniture, and tropical pictures. The bathroom looked like it had been recently refurbished and was very clean. The rest of the room was also very clean but the bedspread has seen better days - it's faded and has a rip. It really should be replaced. The mini-fridge worked well but the ceiling fan got a little noisy. The walls are not very thick either so you'll hear some noise from your neighbors. I also noticed that in some rooms the window screens are torn.

There is a sparkling pool area and I was bummed that I didn't bring my swimsuit. There are also a couple other areas with tables and chairs for sitting around and enjoying the evening breeze.

The Cinderella is one of those types of motels where you park right in front of your room, which is good for unloading your luggage but bad if you have an ignorant neighbor.
The first night whomever was next to us felt the need to go out to their mini-van several times until around 11 pm. We could constantly hear the rail door shut followed by the horn alarm being set. On the second night I asked the occupant to try to be a little more courteous. They were and I slept like rock in the comfy bed.

The desk lady was nice and introduced me to all her dogs; I always enjoy the opportunity to pet a dog or cat when I'm away from my own.

So to conclude: if you're going to any of the towns I mentioned and are looking for a convenient, inexpensive, and clean place to stay consider the Cinderella Motel. Although the property could use some refurbishing it's not a bad place to stay. Next time I'll bring my swimsuit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerAgain
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the Cinderella Motel! Our pool is definitely "sparkling" and we encourage all our guests to bring a swim suit and jump in! We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us as much as we enjoyed hosting you- we look forward to seeing you again!
SAN DIEGO
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a fun, funky little motel that was very accommodating and met our needs. Myself and several of our friends stayed here recently for a dog event in Hollister. The gal at the front desk was friendly and helpful and had a bunch of chihuahuas so we knew we would be welcomed with our furry friends. Each room is decorated in it's own theme. My husband and I had the Independence Room which was all red, white and blue. Our friends were all situated in adjacent rooms so we could all be together. In the evenings there was a little gazebo near the parking area where we gathered for snacks and beverages and conversation. The front desk gal brought us table cloths and extra chairs and seemed to enjoy us being there.

There's no fancy frills with this motel, but it was priced reasonably and our room was clean and made up nicely each day (we stayed three nights) We found a fire hydrant and a gravel lot in the back to relieve our dogs The motel is in close proximity to the downtown area and across the street from a McDonalds and a decent Mexican Restaurant. Although a microwave would have been nice, there was a mini fridge in our room and a nice ceiling fan to keep the air circulating. We were gone much of the daytime but the rooms stayed cool when we returned. The beds were pretty comfy and everything worked. I don't watch TV but I understand they had excellent cable selection.

We lost our room key and the front desk lady was very gracious not to charge us a fee. Another of our friends had a sick puppy in the room and the motel staff washed her dog blankets for her. You could park right outside your room which I liked. If you want a fancy
place this probably is not for you, but if you are just there to sleep at night and want to bring your dogs and be comfortable this place rocked. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 17 was the Independence Room, Room 18 was Jungle themed, Room 16 was girly, Room 14 was a large...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DebbeyB
San Francisco
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times before as a base for getaways to the Pinnacles and San Juan Bautista, and did so again in late March. I don't know why other reviewers had issues, but I've always had a good experience with the facilities and staff. The manager/desk clerk is a feisty grandmother and her husband does maintenance, and they have part-time employees for housekeeping and odd jobs. She's a good-hearted lady and will chat if she has time, but if some people found her abrasive, maybe it's because after 20 years of managing this place, one of only three indie motels in downtown Hollister, on the main drag next to a bail bond office, she's seen every kind of customer and every trick they can pull. In fact, a couple weeks before the previous reviewer's stay, two thugs tried to rob her one night and she got stabbed and had to be airlifted to a hospital in San Jose. This was one of a possible string of motel holdups in Hollister and Gilroy, so don't blacklist the Cinderella because of it.

The 1950s neon sign is a giveaway: this is not your everyday Econolodge type property. It's a 1950s-1960s place with a little garden sitting area in front, gazebos, a lobby filled with Cinderella figurines and toys (the owner, who lives in a nearby town, is a Cinderella fan), and rooms with different themes.

Not everyone might want the Cinderella room, which I've had before. It's rather frilly and fairy tale-ish and would be fun for little girls. It also has a whirlpool bath. Other theme rooms include the Farm, Independence, the Hunt Club, the Pines, and more. I had the Island room, which had a tropical theme with bright colors, wicker furniture, and nightstands with giant parrot figures for the base.

One "plus" here is the wide parking spaces. Anyone who stays at Motel 6s knows how narrow their spaces are. With so many people traveling in vans or SUVs, that means more dents, scrapes, and difficulty loading or unloading people and luggage. No such problem here. The pool looked OK, but I never saw anyone in it because the weather was mostly cool and sometimes rainy. There is no wi-fi, because the expense of providing it would raise the rates too much (this is why laptops with phone modems will never be obsolete--and the manager has a few loaner cables if you forgot to bring one). Jerry's Restaurant is across the street and is open from about 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Nearby are a Chinese and several Mexican restaurants and McDonald's.

Hollister isn't exactly a tourist mecca, but it has a main street with historic buildings. I walked down one afternoon to look around. The Pinnacles (east entrance) is 30 miles south, and if the weather is too wet for camping as it was last month, Hollister is a good place to stay. The mission town of San Juan Bautista is about 12 miles west.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Frisco_Roadrunner
Waterford, California
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I arrived at hotel 7pm. Woman was on the Phone. She stopped talking, I asked if room available. Yes, I was staying for business had worked 12 hr day and Travel. Price was great too. She had me fill out form and I paid cash, gave me key told me room number. The room was clean, and bed had memory foam top so comfy. Slept great.Even called daughter to tell her of cute place they could stay when they travel this area. Room had antique furniture, showed signs of wear but still nice. When I left for work at 5 am Discovered office not open and drop box for key. No way to get receipt for work. I called later in the day to request receipt E-mailed to me. Was told no internet can't do that. Then she proceeded to tell me office is close at 11pm open at 7am.That i should have asked the night before. Told her i travel a lot and have not had office not open to ck out before. That if I had been told they close I would have. She continued to ramble on about I should have asked etc. I said: ok , if I had been told I would have.I just need to get receipt for work and she proceeded to HANG UP ON ME!!!!! I do not care how frustrated you may be with a customer but you do not Hang up on them!!! At no time did I cuss or raise my voice. I just needed receipt to get my money back from my Job. I will Never stay here again. And be sure to share this with Family and friends to be Sure they Don't as well. Need Customer service Skills to work with the public . Wish i has had internet to read previous reviews. Would Not have stayed there.

Room Tip: Review Hotels on line in advance . Read what people Have to Say.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jan h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy
Ridgemark Golf and Country Club Resort
Casa de Fruta
Casa de Fruta
#1 of 6 in Hollister

Been to Cinderella Motel? Share your experiences!