“You are a guest not a dollar sign”
Review of Welcome Inn 277

Welcome Inn 277
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Frewville
Gold Coast, Australia
“You are a guest not a dollar sign”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Welcome Inn by name and Welcome in by nature. This is a very clean and exceptionally well run property. The hosts and staff are excellent and the value is extremely good. This property deserves a big recommendation

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

3 Night stay at an excellent price, a great breakfast, room was clean and comfortable, smiling friendly crew who are not in your face but are there if needed. Location for me was very good, bus stop directly outside and a handy shopping center nearby. Will definitely stay again when in Adelaide.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here before driving from Adelaide to Millicent and Mount Gambier and on return from the South East and found it to be great value, modern and comfortable. Refurbished and located on Glen Osmond Road, at the edge of the foothills, it was perfect for a fast getaway after a really good room service breakfast,
I recall staying here years ago, before the current owners from Bordertown took it over and gutted it, so had a few reservations as to whether the make-over was as good as claimed. It is now very pleasant and convenient for us.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and they all appear to be the same quality
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were attending a function at Osteria restaurant down the road so decided to stay close by so we could walk. We stayed in the most basic room and paid $89 for a double and $104 for the same room with an extra single in it. The room was comfortable, a decent size with a small table and 2 chairs. There was a decent flat screen tv and excellent split system air-conditioner. Bathroom is very small but clean and adequate with a good strong, hot shower. The rooms are super clean with new bedding/sheets and we were very happy with the quality for the price we paid.

If you are looking for a place with trendy decor and luxe bathroom this isn't it but if you want a very clean and comfortable room for a great price, give it a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our room was clean and with all the basic necessities. However, I was disappointed after specifically asking for a queen size bed and a ground floor unit but on arrival could only have an upper floor unit and with no lift this makes it difficult for me. Thankfully my hubby carried our suitcases upstairs. The bed was really comfortable for us as we like a really firm bed but I am sure it would be OK for others used to softer beds. The pillows were very uncomfortable however. We did notice the road noise during the night but once we got used to the noise we slept well and we enjoyed our stay. The bathroom was extremely small with hardly room to move and definately not room enough for more than one at a time use the shower or vanity basin etc together. However, it was OK for the price we paid I guess. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the room heating was superb. The cleaning staff were great and the gentleman who checked us in was very obliging except for not being able to give us a ground floor unit. I guess I was annoyed as specifically asked for this when booking and paying a couple of weeks prior. The gentleman who checked us in on our first night said that they had just had their internet rebuilt and rebooted or whatever but the internet was slow and only worked intermittently and the other desk staff had no idea how to operate the internet, with the younger woman saying she was too busy to help me anyway. So when the guy was no there during one day I lost a whole day's work until he arrived back later that evening and he graciously turned the modem ON and it worked a charm! The staff need some basic lessons perhaps? As I say, this was one of the cheaper hotels in Adelaide so I wasn't expecting it to be glamorous and it was clean and felt safe and close to Glenelg and the Adelaide Hills and the CBD so it suited me this stay. I am not sure if I would stay here again but that is mainly only because of the soft bed, which does not suit my back (or my husband's back) and because of the soft uncomfortable pillows. However, I would recommend it to anyone on a budget who just wants a room to crash in each night that has a good shower and a safe clean room. The premises also provided a small bottle of fresh milk on our arrival so we didn't have to use the small capsules provided in the fridge and biscuits to have with our cuppa everyday, which was a lovely welcome in the afternoon when we arrived back from a busy day in Adelaide. Best of all it was a lovely non-smoking property so no horrible cigarette smell or butts lying around the property.

Room Tip: Get it in writing that you want a queen size room on the ground floor if that is a basic need and ta...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra A
Whyalla, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed for one night only & were satisfied with what we got at that price. Reception man was friendly & Helpful. Room was clean, tidy. AC Heating was sufficient. Noise level was low & it does not feel that the hotel situated beside Main Road.Definitely it will be in my List of first preferred Budget Hotels.

Room Tip: We were happy with our Ground Floor St Studio Double Room. Higher Floors may be bit uncomfortable fo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saj M
Brisbane
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this motel for 5 nights, using it as a base to explore Adelaide. The motel is situated on a bus route which allows easy access to the city. My room was clean and comfortable. Although the motel is situation on a main road, there was some occasional road noise but not enough to bother me and interrupt my sleep. Free Internet access was an advantage. Staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of off street parking. I would happily stay at this motel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Goldale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frewville
Arkaba Hotel
Adelaide Granada Motor Inn
Tollgate Motel
Tollgate Motel
#1 of 2 in Glen Osmond

Been to Welcome Inn 277? Share your experiences!