“Always good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
L.A.
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Something for everybody and good cocktails, nice and efficient servers, clean restrooms. Our party had everything from steak dinners to kid meals and everything in between. Everybody left stuffed and happy. Really close to hotel.

Visited June 2014

San Bernardino, California
“Poor Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I, both retired, decided to eat a late lunch at 2:30 pm on Monday (6/2/14). Having finished our shopping at Walmart we stopped in at the Applebee’s located at 4070 Highland Ave., Highland CA for a late lunch. Let me first preface this by saying we have patronized this location many times. In fact one of my daughter’s best friends was a server there. Being a retired Navy veteran I have always supported Applebee’s because of their support for and their appreciation shown military veterans. Being a split resident between San Bernardino, CA and La Pine, OR I have frequented several locations in California as well as Oregon.

However, I was considerably disappointed when I visited this particular location today. My wife and I had decided to order the 2 for $20. We had, at this location, as well as at locations in Fontana, CA and Bend, OR been able to substitute the green bean crispers for the appetizers offered. None of the appetizers offered with the 2 for $20 were appealing to either one of us. On this occasion the server declined the substitution and when we requested to speak with the manager he confirmed that such a substitution was not allowed. I explained that substituting the boneless wings at a value of $8.99 for the green bean crispers at a value of $5.99 provided the restaurant a cost benefit of $3.00. He claimed, however, that such a substitution was actually more costly for Applebee’s. This claim flies in the face of logic and was actually an insult to my intelligence. This claim, as well as the fact that the manager (name unknown, but having a middle-eastern accent) was very condescending in his attitude led both my wife and I to leave and find another restaurant for lunch.

Although I will continue to patronize Applebee’s in Sierra Lakes, Fontana, CA and Bend, OR, as long as they continue to allow us to make this substitution, I will no longer patronize the restaurant in Highland, CA.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Phil S
Kansas City, Missouri
“I won't eat at Applebee's anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food was burned, too much oil, very small portion comparing to the price. I ordered the combo Fajita, they didn't even have the choice of whole grain tortilla bread I had to accept the white flour one.
I use to love eating there; not anymore.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Suhair C
Redlands
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I recently visited Applebee's for dinner. The food was good, and the staff was very helpful. Overall, good value.

Visited April 2014
Redlands
“Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have a night out once every two weeks. The food was very good. We did not have to wait long for our food. It was hot, fresh, and tasty. The service was good as well.

Visited December 2013