“birthday time”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Fontucky
“birthday time”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

room was very nice,we had a suite with microwave, frid. everything was great great staff breakfast is always nice. the only prom\blem was when I wanted to take a bath turned the tub water on LOUD LOUD noise coming from pipes so loud people called the front desk. the noise only happened when I turned the water on full force hot, had to to fill the tub also the shower didn't work.

Room Tip: odd number rooms over look the pool even rooms face the front and the mountains very niceview of mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Day G, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear 2looscruz,
I would like to first say happy belated birthday!!!! And thank you so much for taking the time out to post such a lovely response about our Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel located in Highland CA. Also thank you for pointing out the wonderful amenities that all of our suites have to offer, such as the refrigerator and microwave. As for the noise from the pipes and the shower not working I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for that horrible encounter, this is actually the first I’m hearing of such a thing. Never the less thank you so much for educating me on that matter, this is extremely vital information that I will be relaying on to my Engineering department to correct so that you our any other guest want have to encounter ever again. Once again thank you very much and please come see us again.

Sincerely, Your Guest Service Agent

Day Grimmett.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 26, 2014

First off, the complimentary breakfast was phenomenal and coffee was available all morning. We encountered stellar service from Brooke the sales manager, and from the housekeeping director, the latter of whom made sure our room cleaning didn't interfere with our schedule, and who gave us a free bag of refreshments for no reason other than to be kind. My only complaint was that the front desk staff was abrupt and uninterested. They seemed young and perhaps undertrained in customer service. It didn't disrupt our stay in the least, but I noticed it.

Room Tip: The King Suite has a great king sized bed, but the second bed is a pull out that sits right in front...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear JennyPinLV5,

Thank you so much for the posting of your on TripAdvisor and the appreciation of the wonderful service you received for our Hampton Hotels Director of Sales (Brooke) and our Housekeeping Manager (Josh). They are star players here at the Hampton Highland and keep our Hampton Hotel a float. As for the complaint about the front desk staff I would like to give you my sincerest apologies about the less than satisfactory encounter you recieved and also thank you for that feed back. If we are not told that we are doing less than satisfactory then there is no way we will ever become near perfect. This TripAdvisor posting is actually a toll that I’m going to use to cross train our new Front Desk agents with so that in hopes another guest or you will never have to encounter such unsatisfactory guest service ever again at the Hampton Inn & Suites Highland California. Once again thank you and please come see us again.

Sincerely Your Guest Relations Manager
L.A.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good place to stay if your travel agenda is: week-end soccer tourney at the San Berdo soccer complex; easy access and free 24-hour shuttle to the Morongo Casino (very close); close to mountain recreation areas (Arrowhead and Big Bear); or visiting someone who is locked up in the nearby Patton State hospital for the criminally insane - just down the street, or as we like to call it, The Neuropsychiatric Institute For The Very, Very Nervous - with razor wire.

Very comfortable, clean rooms; small pool, but good enough for rambunctious soccer kids to have a frolic in. Excellent buffet breakfast included! Really good scrambled eggs, sausage, great buttermilk biscuits, waffle maker, cereal, fruit, good coffee. Nice. Pleasant lobby with comfortable furniture and fireplace. Fresh yummy cookies served here in the afternoon. Adequate fitness center off the pool. Treadmills, elliptical trainers, weights.

Quick stroll across street to giant Walmart store in case you forgot something. Good Mexican restaurant shares parking lot with hotel. Other restaurants and fast food close.

Problems:our room was never cleaned or made up - we had to call for extra towels and bath supplies, because we were too tired to wait for cleaning service after we got back to the room late in the afternoon. But housekeeping responded quickly and was very apologetic. Also, we had a terrible second night due to some kind of loud, vibrating noise - like a muffled jackhammer. We complained at 3:00 am but nobody was on staff who could find out where the noise was coming from. We got no sleep that night, it was awful. I never get headaches, but that constant noise gave me one that night. I finally got up at 6:00 and went down to the lobby - ate one of everything on the breakfast buffet and drank a gallon of coffee. Well, maybe I had two of those buttermilk biscuits. Hey! I pounded it on the treadmill and the elliptical trainer after, so don't judge!

Room Tip: Stay away from Room #215!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Emmarubybegonia,
I would like to first thank you for the lovely and beautiful posting that you have shared about our Hampton Hotel on TripAdvisor. I especially love how you pointed out the wonderful and complimentary amenities or Hampton Hotel has to offer (Breakfast/Buffett, Fitness center, Pool, WIFI). I would also like to thank you for pointing out all of the very close and convenient attractions that are located by our Hampton Hotel. As for the problems that occurred during your stay I would like to extend out a sincere apology and also thank you for your understanding about the delayed housekeeping service while staying at our Hampton Hotel during an extremely busy soccer tournament weekend. I’m also very glad to hear that my housekeeping staff replied to your request immediately. As for the noise that you witnessed sounds very odd, I’ve never heard anything about it, but thank you for sharing I will personally check in on that myself so that another guest want experience a horrible encounter such as yourself. Hey I’m just glad our Hampton Hotel was able to redeem its self with such a wonderful hot breakfast buffet and well equipped fitness center. Once again thank you so much and please come see us again.

Sincerely Your Guest Relations Manager Day Grimmett.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel staff was the best part of our stay. Hotels do their best, but it's difficult to prevent every annoyance. The staff here is so personable they made up for any inconvenience. It is very close to the soccer field and wallmart. The pool is a little small and the patio pretty underwhelming, but the shuttle to the casino seems to be the main attraction . The breakfast and cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Lolobugs24
Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor response about our Hampton Hotel and our hard working staffs guest service, It’s all ways a delight to know that our sincere personality and guest service is appreciated. I would also like to thank you so very much for pointing out the attraction that are close by to our Hampton Hotel and the lovely, convenient and also prompt complimentary 24 hour shuttle that we have for all guest that stay at our hotel. Once again thank you so much and please come see us again.

Sincerely, Your Guest Relations Manager
Culver City, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It is a big and comfortable facility. Nothing spectacular, perhaps overpriced a bit. The shuttle to the casino was convenient, although we drove anyway. Not much to do in Highland that I could discern.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great staff, nice rooms and a great stay. Love the area and this hotel I will be back again. Enjoy going to the casino and this hotels is great when visiting. The staff is very nice and accommodating. They make you feel welcome and do everything to make the stay fantastic

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Day G, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hello Mr. Paul S,

I wanted to take the time out and thank you for your feedback and post via Trip advisor. My staff and I really appreciate our hard efforts being recognized in such a great light. We hope to have our hotel graced with your present soon, please come back any time and thank you.

Sincerely, Your Front Office Manage Day.
venice, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

the hotel was very nice and clean, well staffed,security were very present and people were friendly. room is a bit small and could hear sounds from other rooms. breakfast can always be better but ok. maybe provide trays or covered boxes to take food back to room to eat. would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#4 of 32 in San Bernardino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Saddleback Inn
Saddleback Inn
#2 of 3 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!