“Noisy noisy noisy”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Sacramento
“Noisy noisy noisy”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This seems to be quite the party hotel. I have stayed twice and both times had noisy neighbors all night. This hotel is owned by the local casino and has free shuttle bus, etc. People come and go at all hours of the night and are loud! They are probably mostly drunk and having a good time, but it makes for a sleepless night for travelers. If you want to party and gamble, this is a good choice. If you are traveling and need a good nights sleep, look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011
HamptonHighland, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Let me start off by apologizing if any guests disturbed your nights rest. Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites @ San Manuel Village; we try all we can do to ensure our guests adhere to our "quite" policy after hours.

Our policy is that once our front desk receives the complaint we immediately send security to speak with a guest and advise they have one warning to keep the noise down or they will be asked to leave. I truly wish we would have know that you were experiencing this during your stay and I know we would have rectified the problems. However in the future I can always flag your reservations to make sure we block you on our "quite" floor so that you truly get a good night's rest. Furthermore I ask that you allow us another opportunity. Please contact me directly at Catrinea.Houston@hilton.com so that I can also send you out a complimentary stay certificate for the next time you are in our area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Catrinea Houston

Hampton Inn & Suites- Highland
San Manuel Village
27959 Highland Ave
Highland, California 92346
909-862-8000 - Hotel
909-907-3005 - Direct Line
909-862-8100 - Fax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Palmdale, California
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I hope you read this. I am a travel agent and spend about 5 nights per month in a hotel room. My reason for staying here is because my wife had chemotherapy at 9 AM at the Beaver Clinic and I did not want to drive for 2 hours - and I wanted to get some sleep and not get up early - but that did not happen. Fisrt of all the bedding had not been changed and most importantly I experienced one of the dumbest things ever. Each room is equiped with a fire alarm that blinks every two second like a strobe light - and very bright making it impossible to sleep. At 3 AM I finally detached the alarm so I could sleep. At6:30 AM I was awakened by security about my alarm. I explained and ask them to please fix the situation after I leave, but 15 minutes later security came back and made me put the until back in. So, I got NO sleep. Who would ever put a blinking strobe light in your sleeping room! ....but the front desk manager told me that all of the rooms blink like that! OMG - how dumb!! I will never saty there again and I have stayed at Hampton Inns many times. Remove those stupid strobe lights!! My name is John Smith, phone [...].

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John S
dallas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This was the worst experience of my travel life. The room i reserved was dirty......front desk ended up having security show me 3 other rooms which were all dirty. One room had pubic hair on the toilet seat, 3 other rooms look like that had human stains on chairs...one stain really look like blood.....they even showed me a suit.....and you know how you sit down after a shower in a seat with no towel and get up and leave the outline in your butt reflected in the seat....where it shows the space in between your legs.....well the chair in the suite had that but it look like someone left a little something behind...YUCK! Never before have I asked for my money back because a hotel was so DISGUSTING. Now I want to be fair, the guy at the front desk was nice until I asked for my money back....then he had to ask his manger. The manager was trying to force me to stay at another Hilton property and pay the price difference. I refused and demand my money back and she finally relented and even allowed me to use there business center to search online for another hotel. So in summary i arrived at the hotel at 3pm and didnt leave until 7, I saw 4 hotel rooms all were disgusting....even the security guy said I was right and confirm to the manager that he witnessed everything i saw. I will never stay here or another hampton inn again....this really jacked up my time in Highland

I ended up staying at Holiday Inn Express hotel and Suites 3 mins from the airport...........this hotel was in a nice area, it was clean, the front desk provided excellent customer service and their was NO noise issue being so close to the airport. Please dont waste your time, money or gas on Hampton Inn in Highland...stay at Holiday Inn Express in Ontario instead.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The actual hotel facility is pretty good. However, my first impression was not good when I arrived because the hotel staff had apparently botched my reservation. The sponsoring organization for my trip had made arrangements and covered the cost---which I verified when I arrived the next day, but when I arrived at the hote on Saturdayl I had to pay for the room in spite of the fact that I was able to demonstrate that the room was already covered! I am now having to wait for a reimbursement because of this gaffe.

The television's remote control did not work well at all. The hotel had to send a staff member to help me to get the tv to work---it took the staff member ten mintues to get the tv to work. To his credit he was very gracious and did the best he could, but a remote control should be user friendly and it wasn't.

Finally, right after I went to bed the smoke detector started flashing, so I called the main desk (again) and asked for them to take care of the problem. This time the head of security came up and did his best but was unable to fix the problem. Once again, to his credit he tried. This delayed my going to bed an extra 45 minutes after an already long day with another hectic day to follow. I had a fitful night sleep just waiting for the alarm to start beeping loudly--thankfully it didn't.

I had to tell the sponsoring organization that I couldn't recommend this hotel for their future guests and would suggest they go elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JJS1959
HamptonHighland, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Good morning,

I have just seen your recent comments on Trip Advisor and would like to start this out by apologizing for the maintenance issues that occurred during your stay. Please know that it's guests like you that bring light to any situations that arise and these comments truly assist us in making our hotel better.

I would like to send you a complimentary night stay certificate in hopes that you will allow me and my team to "WOW" you. Please contact me via email at Catrinea.Houston@hilton.com to claim your certificate.

Once again We apologize for the inconviances and hope to see you again soon.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The location was terrible and the neighborhood was dark. Arriving at night it was dark with little lighting on the streets leading up to the hotel. The bed was like sleeping on plywood. If I ever go back to Highland,I will never stay at the Hampton inn ever again. I went to san manual casino and they have recommended this hotel of their and I spend $125/ night and when i asked for fridge and microwave they charge additional $ 20. I thought the hotel is right there at the casino. They took me in shuttle into dark, gloomy and rather scary place where their hotel is located and its like I was stuck there.
It is better to stay at Knights Inn which is ONLY HALF MILE from casino; much closer than Hampton inn from the casino.
I stayed there @ KNIGHTS INN and their rooms are nice, with fridge and microwave with no extra charge. I spend $ 65/ night. I have learned that I rather save money on hotel and spend more somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank candy078
apple valley
Reviewed February 12, 2011

great hotel other than a humming noise - great large suite and breakfast too

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We spent a night at the Hampton Inn in Highland, CA on our way back from Nevada. Location was convenient and the property was very attractive and well kept. The front desk people seemed a little distracted and did not give us their full attention, but got the job done. This hotel is used by many who go to the San Manuel casino nearby and the casino provides a convenient shuttle service that is basically available on demand. There are some restaurants in the casino that appear to be very nice and the buffet is excellent, but pricey. However, you may be able to get discount coupons for the buffet from the front desk that make it very reasonable. There are other restaurants in the area also. The breakfast was above average for a complimentary breakfast. I would mention that some of the rooms will get the noise from a very busy highway so if that sort of thing bothers you be sure to request one on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goleta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Big Bear Frontier Cabins
#2 of 3 in Lake Arrowhead
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!