“Local favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Local favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Having enjoyed the beauty of Silverwood Lake for so many years I decided to choose this location for a Father's day weekend camping trip. The park is very close to our home in Apple Valley which made it a easy trip. We had gone online to book the perfect camping site which we agreed on back in February. Upon check in the Rangers made it easy and enjoyable. Our site was clean and free rocks, sticks and wood. Wonderful shade, picnic table and two fire pits. There was even a grill, but I suggest you use your own. The nightly fee was more then reasonable considering we had 8 people (the limit, per site). Dogs are welcome, but beware of ticks. There everywhere. Beautiful lake with many coves for family enjoyment off the main beach. Very peaceful trip, we will be back.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Carrie K

Corona, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

After 30 years of enjoyable camping at Silverwood Lake, I camped there for the last time in July 2012 thanks to their Park Ranger Eric Christiansen. This man is abusive, a liar, out of line, out of control and most likely in need of some major psychiatric care. He, and probably the rest of the rangers, find it more important to harrass, cite and or arrest the park patrons rather than make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. One minute I'm in my travel trailer cleaning up dinner dishes, 15 minutes later I'm in the back of his SUV on my way to jail for DUI and I never drove a vehicle. His police report and hearing testimony were filled with lies from start to finish. I'm gathering information on others that have been through similar experiences with this crazed idiot. If you are one of them, I'd like to hear from you. My advice to everyone is to stay clear of this place - they are out for blood. Otherwise, it's the worst kept campground in the state park system. The only reason it's open is for writing tickets, making arrests and general revenue for the state.

Visited July 2012
32 Thank Terri V
Rancho Cucamonga, California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Get Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been here a few times though out the years. This is a really great lake, you can rent boats for fishing, you can also rent kayaks, jet skies, paddle boats, etc. I think the jet skies are a little on the expensive side but over all a lot of fun. You can bring all of you own stuff. Park in the Marina and you'll get really close, less walking! You have to have CASH for parking!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Art M
fort irwin, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“camping for MDW 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

silverwood lake is a great location away from the masses to take the whole family. a carload for the day only costs $10 dollars (free for active duty military) and gives you access to the beaches, cabanas, marina, hiking/biking trails and plenty of shade or sun depending on your preference.
$45 dollars for an 8 person campsite equipped with fire pit, grill, shade/sun and grassy recreation areas, bathrooms, showers and access to walking and biking trails that lead to the lake without having to get into your car.
wonderful memorial day weekend getaway! spent the day on the lake (literally) rented a boat so my husband could fish and the dogs and i could sun bathe. packed a picnic lunch and headed back to the campsite at sundown to have campfire foil pack dinners and make smores.
staff was friendly and went out of their way to drive through the campsites at night selling firewood to those who ran out or forgot to stock up.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank kbeets
Pinon Hills, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Got Married Here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is really pretty. We actually had our wedding at the Miller Canyon Group Camp. It is a great place for water activities, hiking, and picnics.

2 Thank Erin D