“great hotel! nice location!”

SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stay here every now and then when my brother comes up to Competitive Edge to ride. Check in is easy and staff is nice. The Continental breakfast in the morning is great and simple. Rooms are clean and has a nice indoor pool. It has a great location for surrounding places.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel it help other travelers to decide where to stay when in the area. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay hope to see you again when your in the area.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this SpringHill Suites. I was in the area for business and stayed in the hotel for approx 30 days. I was in a king suite on the third floor. The room was clean, quiet and spacious for one person. The hotel does have a hot breakfast bar and a stylish breakfast eating area. The staff was nice and helpful. The hotel in convenient to shopping and places to eat. If you don't feel like going out you can walk to the Courtyard in the same parking lot where they have a small restaurant with a limited menu. If ever in the area again, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your feed back I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay we hope to see you again when you are traveling in the area

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My fiance, sister and I booked a last minute trip to the High Desert. We were looking for something with breakfast included (to save $) and more than just a studio room because all three of us were staying in the same room and we wanted just a tad of privacy & seperation. We booked a room with a seperate small "living room" that had a pull out couch, little dinner table, small counter, microwave and tv. We booked with SpringHill for 1 night in Hesperia, and were so satisfied we ended up staying at another SpringHill near LAX on the night before our early flight home. It was just under $100 each night and a great value for the price. The front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast "cook" (although clearly overwhelmed & under staffed) always had a smile and stretched herself to accomidate every request from her patrons. We did not use the pool or gym, but both looked great. There is also a gorgeous view of snow-capped mountains, with a desert forefront, from the hotel parking lot and higher level rooms @ the front of the hotel.
This was the perfect hotel for us. If you are high maintenance or pickey, do not expect more than what you are paying for. This hotel is an excellent value for the price and we would absolutely stay here again.
(p.s. there is also a jack in the box and an in-n-out within walking distance. A Target, small shopping plaza and gas is a 2 minute drive for any necessities)

Room Tip: Higher level rooms @ the front of the hotel have a beautiful view of the mountain range.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive feed back it helps us here at the hotel to make sure we are doing everything we possibly can to provide our guest with a great hotel stay thank you for taking the time to write a review it is appreciated hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

As a business traveler I am always looking for ways to save money but still get lots of value. I booked at SpringHill for two reasons: 1. Wanted to stay with Marriott branding because of my ranking within its system and 2. Springhill offered free hot breakfast.

SpringHill appears to be the bottom end of the Marriott chain. Upon arrival it felt more like the newer Motel 6 (indoor type) than the usual Marriott. Checking in was fairly fast but as this was my first time staying at a SpringHill there were a few surprises such as no distinction for ranking level within the Marriott system even for Platinum members, you have to sign a page long legal document (never experienced this before at any Marriott) regarding the rules and regulations of that Hotel and finally the welcoming staff appeared to be VERY LAX in the approach to their facility (sign posted at the front desk stating sorry for the delay, front desk staff are elsewhere in the facility). Also worth noting (to my surprise):
I told them I would not be using any additional amenities, therefore do not hold the extra $40/day on my card. I was told; "The $40/day is a SECURITY DEPOSIT, and is NOT OPTIONAL!" Again this really gave the feel of a Motel 6!!!!! And that they preferred customers to use a Debit Card rather than a Credit Card! Both of these were MOST SURPRISING for me. I insisted on using a credit card and they STILL did their best to try and convenience me to use the Debit Card instead. NO GO, I still used the credit card!

Once checked in, I drove my car to the back (east side) parking area and found lots of room. I was staying on the 1st floor, far end of the hall. This was perfect for entering/exiting without having to go to the front of the hotel. There were two issues which were minor, although take heed they could have been major if I was at the hotel during heavy traffic season and/or hot weather days. The exit doors are extremely heavy and slam shut. The noise can be very disturbing but I stayed during a slow period. Also, there is a very loud air conditioner on all the time at the end of the hallway. First time I ever experienced this. The noise was loud and could be heard inside the room. The air being on was surprising because the weather outside was consistently around 40 'F.

The hotel pool was not open because the staff stated the roof over the pool was bad and needed to be repaired. I remember reading about this in other comments but was surprised it was not being worked on. No excuse was given for this. Hotel staff did state when pushed that the pool at the Courtyard was open for SpringHill guests.

Business center was one VERY, VERY slow obnoxious computer with a 15" screen. You also needed to be a very tall (from the waist up) user because the screen/keyboard were up on a counter type protrusion from the wall and the chair was far too low with no ability to raise the seat. After repeatedly complaining about the computer speed and the fact that both the keyboard keys and computer seemed to have sticking problems, the staff finally stated; "oh, you can always use the business center at the Courtyard next door." I did and it was great!

The rooms are generous in size and comfortable. The beds/mattresses are absolutely the best!!! I slept very well. In addition you have both feather and foam pillows to chose from and if you need extra bedding one call brings anything you want. Sheets are not soft but also not too rough. Room was clean as was the bathroom and daily cleaning service was also good. The room has a small minor wall separating the bedroom from living space for the TV, work table and small kitchen area. Kitchen area ONLY consisted of microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker with 3 mugs and sink. No other items were there! There was a two seat sofa-bed too, but if you opened it, you could not enter/exit the room without climbing over it. Also the air/heater has a very large vent within 12 inches of the sofa-bed which is VERY noisy and can cause a mildly light sleeping to not sleep! Windows were large and allowed lots of light to come in but you can only open them (even on the 1st floor) two inches. Also it is worth mentioning, there is a VERY small 20" LCD flat screen TV in the Living area and a 32" older non-digital TV in the Bedroom area. TV's worked very well and appeared to be cable.

I stayed 4 days/3 nights with no other issues good or bad. On the last day I asked for a late check out and was told regardless of your status, everyone who asks can get a one hour delay in check out, 1 pm instead of 12 noon. Check-out was automatic.

On the second day one of the staff told me; all guest staying here can use any of the facilities at the Courtyard that they want including the Bistro (mini, pre-prepared food bar).

As for location, this hotel has excellent on/off fwy capability with an extreme range of chain eating facilities within 3 miles including a brand new Golden Corral. Use Bing Map to search rather than Google maps (not updated!). This area appears to have been built within the last 5 years and offers any and all chain stores you can think of!!!

Hope this helps anyone going to this facility.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East! West side faces a very close Freeway! Also rooms at extreme ends of the hallway...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel to help other travelers and to help us when it comes to providing a positive experience for our future guest. Reviews from our guests like yourself help us to know what we are doing that our guests enjoy and also what areas we need to focus on. I'm very sorry for the problems you did experience during your stay. The credit card/debit card is a procedure followed at all hotels for any incidentials or damages incurred while staying at the hotel we have to get a credit card/debit card from all of our guests at checkin I'm sorry that you felt pressured into using a certain one it is your choice ultimatley and we never want our guests to feel this way. We did take your advice on the A/C units at the end of the hallways being on during the night we now shut them off so it does not disturb our guests and it still remains cool in the hallways. I wish your whole stay would have been all postive but I'm glad you did experience and enjoy some of our ammenties that we had to offer. Next time you are in the area please give us a chance to provide you with a wonderful promblem free stay as you are our priority.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

It started to snow in the afternoon so we decided to stay the night after celebrating st. pattys day in the high desert. We were happy to find a nice hotel at the last minute. The room was clean and very comfortable. The price was 100.00 for the night which I think is about average these days for a decent room. Anyway ya gotta splurge once in a while right? It was well worth it, the comp. breakfast the next morning was good, and much needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel this helps our future guests when they need a nice hotel to stay at when they are traveling in the area.I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary breakfast is one of the many amenities we offer that our guest enjoy. I hope that when your in the area again that we are your choice when in need of a hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I travel on business to the Victorville area about once a month, and usually stay at this property. It is usually clean. Last night, though, I saw a wine cork sticking out from under the couch. The coffee pot was missing; the clerk agreed to find one for me. Free breakfast, but only available until 8:30 am. The indoor pool is usually empty. Although this is called a "suites" hotel, there is no door between the bedroom area and the living area. I would take small children here, but not two adult couples. There are many fast-food and lower end dining establishments within walking distance, and many restaurants within a mile. Avoid the rooms on the second floor on the west side near the elevators; you'll be looking right at all the air conditioners for the hotel. Those rooms are noisy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lepha
SpringHill Suit... H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review it helps not only our future guests traveling in the area but our staff. We appreciate your continued buisness and that you keep coming back month after month it is a pleasure having you. I'm so sorry for inconveinance you experienced during your stay it is our priority to make sure all of our guests are happy and have a memorable experience when staying at our hotel.On your next stay please let us know if you would like to request a room in a specific location of the hotel we would be more than happy to honor that for you just let us know. We like for all of our guests to enjoy their stay and keep coming back.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Springhill Suites by Marriott in Hesperia several times in the past 4 months, The rooms are spacious, clean and the front desk is always smilimg and helpful. they also have a really good breakfast set up. The only thing I would change is the bottles of shampoo...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CChristie966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville

Been to SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!