“Double Your Value!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Los Angeles, California
“Double Your Value!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

As a business traveler I am always looking for ways to save money but still get lots of value. I booked at SpringHill for two reasons: 1. Wanted to stay with Marriott branding because of my ranking within its system and 2. Springhill offered free hot breakfast.

SpringHill appears to be the bottom end of the Marriott chain. Upon arrival it felt more like the newer Motel 6 (indoor type) than the usual Marriott. Checking in was fairly fast but as this was my first time staying at a SpringHill there were a few surprises such as no distinction for ranking level within the Marriott system even for Platinum members, you have to sign a page long legal document (never experienced this before at any Marriott) regarding the rules and regulations of that Hotel and finally the welcoming staff appeared to be VERY LAX in the approach to their facility (sign posted at the front desk stating sorry for the delay, front desk staff are elsewhere in the facility). Also worth noting (to my surprise):
I told them I would not be using any additional amenities, therefore do not hold the extra $40/day on my card. I was told; "The $40/day is a SECURITY DEPOSIT, and is NOT OPTIONAL!" Again this really gave the feel of a Motel 6!!!!! And that they preferred customers to use a Debit Card rather than a Credit Card! Both of these were MOST SURPRISING for me. I insisted on using a credit card and they STILL did their best to try and convenience me to use the Debit Card instead. NO GO, I still used the credit card!

Once checked in, I drove my car to the back (east side) parking area and found lots of room. I was staying on the 1st floor, far end of the hall. This was perfect for entering/exiting without having to go to the front of the hotel. There were two issues which were minor, although take heed they could have been major if I was at the hotel during heavy traffic season and/or hot weather days. The exit doors are extremely heavy and slam shut. The noise can be very disturbing but I stayed during a slow period. Also, there is a very loud air conditioner on all the time at the end of the hallway. First time I ever experienced this. The noise was loud and could be heard inside the room. The air being on was surprising because the weather outside was consistently around 40 'F.

The hotel pool was not open because the staff stated the roof over the pool was bad and needed to be repaired. I remember reading about this in other comments but was surprised it was not being worked on. No excuse was given for this. Hotel staff did state when pushed that the pool at the Courtyard was open for SpringHill guests.

Business center was one VERY, VERY slow obnoxious computer with a 15" screen. You also needed to be a very tall (from the waist up) user because the screen/keyboard were up on a counter type protrusion from the wall and the chair was far too low with no ability to raise the seat. After repeatedly complaining about the computer speed and the fact that both the keyboard keys and computer seemed to have sticking problems, the staff finally stated; "oh, you can always use the business center at the Courtyard next door." I did and it was great!

The rooms are generous in size and comfortable. The beds/mattresses are absolutely the best!!! I slept very well. In addition you have both feather and foam pillows to chose from and if you need extra bedding one call brings anything you want. Sheets are not soft but also not too rough. Room was clean as was the bathroom and daily cleaning service was also good. The room has a small minor wall separating the bedroom from living space for the TV, work table and small kitchen area. Kitchen area ONLY consisted of microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker with 3 mugs and sink. No other items were there! There was a two seat sofa-bed too, but if you opened it, you could not enter/exit the room without climbing over it. Also the air/heater has a very large vent within 12 inches of the sofa-bed which is VERY noisy and can cause a mildly light sleeping to not sleep! Windows were large and allowed lots of light to come in but you can only open them (even on the 1st floor) two inches. Also it is worth mentioning, there is a VERY small 20" LCD flat screen TV in the Living area and a 32" older non-digital TV in the Bedroom area. TV's worked very well and appeared to be cable.

I stayed 4 days/3 nights with no other issues good or bad. On the last day I asked for a late check out and was told regardless of your status, everyone who asks can get a one hour delay in check out, 1 pm instead of 12 noon. Check-out was automatic.

On the second day one of the staff told me; all guest staying here can use any of the facilities at the Courtyard that they want including the Bistro (mini, pre-prepared food bar).

As for location, this hotel has excellent on/off fwy capability with an extreme range of chain eating facilities within 3 miles including a brand new Golden Corral. Use Bing Map to search rather than Google maps (not updated!). This area appears to have been built within the last 5 years and offers any and all chain stores you can think of!!!

Hope this helps anyone going to this facility.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East! West side faces a very close Freeway! Also rooms at extreme ends of the hallway...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel to help other travelers and to help us when it comes to providing a positive experience for our future guest. Reviews from our guests like yourself help us to know what we are doing that our guests enjoy and also what areas we need to focus on. I'm very sorry for the problems you did experience during your stay. The credit card/debit card is a procedure followed at all hotels for any incidentials or damages incurred while staying at the hotel we have to get a credit card/debit card from all of our guests at checkin I'm sorry that you felt pressured into using a certain one it is your choice ultimatley and we never want our guests to feel this way. We did take your advice on the A/C units at the end of the hallways being on during the night we now shut them off so it does not disturb our guests and it still remains cool in the hallways. I wish your whole stay would have been all postive but I'm glad you did experience and enjoy some of our ammenties that we had to offer. Next time you are in the area please give us a chance to provide you with a wonderful promblem free stay as you are our priority.

Marie Pranger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed March 23, 2012

It started to snow in the afternoon so we decided to stay the night after celebrating st. pattys day in the high desert. We were happy to find a nice hotel at the last minute. The room was clean and very comfortable. The price was 100.00 for the night which I think is about average these days for a decent room. Anyway ya gotta splurge once in a while right? It was well worth it, the comp. breakfast the next morning was good, and much needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suit... H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel this helps our future guests when they need a nice hotel to stay at when they are traveling in the area.I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary breakfast is one of the many amenities we offer that our guest enjoy. I hope that when your in the area again that we are your choice when in need of a hotel.

Marie Pranger
Murrieta, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I travel on business to the Victorville area about once a month, and usually stay at this property. It is usually clean. Last night, though, I saw a wine cork sticking out from under the couch. The coffee pot was missing; the clerk agreed to find one for me. Free breakfast, but only available until 8:30 am. The indoor pool is usually empty. Although this is called a "suites" hotel, there is no door between the bedroom area and the living area. I would take small children here, but not two adult couples. There are many fast-food and lower end dining establishments within walking distance, and many restaurants within a mile. Avoid the rooms on the second floor on the west side near the elevators; you'll be looking right at all the air conditioners for the hotel. Those rooms are noisy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lepha
SpringHill Suit... H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review it helps not only our future guests traveling in the area but our staff. We appreciate your continued buisness and that you keep coming back month after month it is a pleasure having you. I'm so sorry for inconveinance you experienced during your stay it is our priority to make sure all of our guests are happy and have a memorable experience when staying at our hotel.On your next stay please let us know if you would like to request a room in a specific location of the hotel we would be more than happy to honor that for you just let us know. We like for all of our guests to enjoy their stay and keep coming back.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Springhill Suites by Marriott in Hesperia several times in the past 4 months, The rooms are spacious, clean and the front desk is always smilimg and helpful. they also have a really good breakfast set up. The only thing I would change is the bottles of shampoo...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CChristie966
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I love staying at SpringHill Suites. Lots of room, excellent value for the money, great service and breakfast for the money..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank docr775
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was our second stay at the Hesperia SpringHill Suites. The hotel was brand-new the first time we stayed there several years ago, and it still appears new when you first walk in. This time they were remodeling the pool area, and during this time offered the use of the pool at the new Courtyard hotel next door. The room was clean and comfortable, and we had no issues. Our stay was the last night on a 4,000 mile road trip to Canada and back, and it was a good final stay on our trip. As always, breakfast was included. My only complaint was that they only had half-and-half for the coffee creamer. My wife and I have been spoiled by flavored creamers during our stays at Marriott properties. It seemed unusual that they skimped on the coffee creamer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank steve_costa_mesa
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I am currently sitting in the lobby of the Courtyard Marriott in San Bernardino Hesperia, CA, /in the same parking lot as the Marriott Spring HillSuites in Hesperia. There is an unexpected snowstorm in Southern Cali right now, one that has practically shut down the highway, has kept us - moving literally a mile an hour, if that - on the road for hours before reaching an exit only a few miles away, has caused car after car to slide into other cars or off the road, and has generally caused extremely hazardous and unsafe driving conditions for everyone. We finally reached the exit and got off, slowly and reached a parking spot, with a plan to ask if we could stay in the lobby to wait out the storm, if there were no rooms available. My boyfriend went inside to request a room, was told they were full and then asked if we could wait it out in the lobby, to which the woman replied that we were not allowed to loiter and the police would be called...

Since I'm tired and on edge and I try to write fair reviews I'll stop myself from responding to exactly what was said and only say this. The same brand - the Marriott - in the form of the Courtyard hotels, literally in the same parking lot, has allowed over 100 people to come in and camp out safely and warmly with food and drink in the lobby of their completely booked hotel. Their neighbors - the SpringHill Suites Marriott, certainly seems to do a disservice in representing the brand in such a precarious and - perhaps for lack of a better word - emergency situation. Clearly they have "no room at the inn," lucky for us, their partner across the parking lot is letting everyone share their "manger."

Thank you, SpringHill Suites, Hesperia for absolutely no compassion or aid... we'll be sure to let everyone know that their business would be much better spent across the way at the much friendlier and much more accomodating Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TCKTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville

Been to SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!