And isn't that basically what you're looking for in an "express" motel. Nothing fancy, but quite comfortable. You really shouldn't expect anything in Hesperia, which is still a small desert town, but its bigger brother Victorville is less than 10 miles away. The restaurant selection is better at the next two exits, but that leaves the Hesperia exit a lot quieter.
Ours was a non-smoking room and there was no hint of prior tobacco use. The beds were large and comfy, and the Soft pillow was just right for me. There was no (additional) charge for breakfast, and the selections were pretty extensive. Do come early, though, as the omeletes lose their appeal after sitting out for a couple hours. (I suspect they might cook you up a fresh one if you asked nicely. I find that most negative reviews seem to be written by people whose attitudes probably discourage service people from being helpful.)
I only had one complaint, and that was a squeaky door to the bathroom, and hopefully my note and comment on checkout will have gotten that taken care of by now. By the way, I really liked the the shower controls that let me adjust the water pressure separate from the temperature. I don't know why institutional shower controls force you to turn the water to full pressure in order to obtain a comfortable temperature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Bernardino County Fair May 9th - 17th. While in town visit Route 66 Museum. Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hesperia/Victorville, CA, located just off the I-15 exiting Main Street in the High Desert, minutes away from the towns of Big Bear, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Victorville and Southern California Logistics Airport (formerly George Air Force Base), the hub of distribution. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hesperia/Victorville, CA is a non-smoking, AAA Three Diamond and FEMA approved safe interior corridor hotel. 24-hour business center with high-speed DSL and Wi-Fi wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours with friendly, professional staff to assist you. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Hesperia is committed to providing accessible facilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Area attractions: San Bernardino County Fair Grounds, Route 66 Museum, Maverick Stadium, Huck Finn Jubilee, Glen Helen Pavilion, Competitive Edge Racing, Green Tree Golf Course, Cal Earth Institute, Hesperia Lake, Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, and Mt. High are all right here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hesperia
- Holiday Inn Express Hesperia
- Holiday Inn Hesperia
- Hesperia Holiday Inn