Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Carpinteria, CA
“Smoky”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

If you're counting on a smoke-free environment, this hotel is NOT the one.

Our room smelled like a pack-a-day smoker had been there for a year immediately before our arrival. When questioned about the "smoke free policy", I was told "oh yes, we caught someone smoking and kicked them out".

They then said they would clean the carpets after we left, and gee, it's too bad they don't have any air purifiers on site. They also could not put us in another suite because no other suites were available.

For this I got a measly $20 off my two-room king suite accommodations for ONE of the two nights my family was there.

Add to this that many times one could smell fresh cigarette smoke in the hallways of this hotel. Staff seemed 'mildly interested' when this was reported but did nothing about it. After all, they don't have any means to deal with such an event!

I would not advise anyone who needs a smoke-free atmosphere to stay at this location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TeraGram93013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

We expected just a Holiday Inn Express, nice and predictable. This hotel, in Hesperia for heaven's sake, was way more than we expected. Indoor heated pool and spa (my teen-agers were so excited), big nice rooms, big breakfast room and it seemed to us more food than usual. It's only about 20 minutes from Mountain High so we'll stay there again for sure. Much nicer than expected.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank judyr460
NARBOROUGH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed for one night during our trip to the States.

We are really impressed with the Holiday Inn Express group in the States. The rooms are a good size with a sofa. There were some places to eat nearby and the breakfast buffet was good with food being re-stocked.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NARBOROUGH2
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

The bathroom smelled terrible. Like decaying cabbage or similar.
The internet was fast, but I had to go to the front desk to request a cable (no wireless). Very clean and comfortable aside from the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

Great night stay. Very clean, looks like it was recently remodeled. Comfy bed, good pilows and towels. Staff was nice despite it being a very busy weekend. The free breakfast was average.

• Liked — Clean!
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2008

This hotel has incredibly thin walls. When I first checked in and closed the door to my room, I could hear someone else's television so clearly that I could tell which show they were watching. I called the front desk and asked if I could be moved to another room, and the front desk person happily complied. Everything seemed fine until I woke up at midnight to the sound of small children running up and down the hallway and slamming a door shut over and over again in the room next to mine. I called the front desk to complain, and again the staff was polite and apologetic. They apparently called the people next door (I heard their phone ring through the wall), and things were quiet again until their TV woke me up at 7:00 in the morning.

I agree with other reviewers that the room was clean, the linen fresh and the beds comfortable, but clearly corners were cut when this hotel was built. Aside from the paper-thin walls, there are no ventilation fans in the bathroom, and each queen "suite" I saw was merely a longer room with a couch tucked in between the beds and the bathroom. If you stay here, don't bother to upgrade from the queen room to the queen suite, bring earplugs so you can stay asleep at night, and visit the breakfast with low expectations. There is an IHOP and an In N' Out nearby if you want something more tasty.

• Liked — This is a strange thing to comment about, but their hand lotion smells lovely. I still have a tube of it in my purse.
  • Disliked — The noise.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MataKari
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

I spent five days here and it was great. The room was nice and large. Very clean and everything worked great. The wired Internet was much faster and better than the wireless at other hotels.
The only downside was breakfast.

The eggs were either cardboard or rubber...not sure which. One day that bacon was served it was prepared five pieces at a time for a room full of people. There must have been something "special" about that bacon.

After trying the breakfast for two days, it was worth the effort to go across the street to IHOP and pay $8.00.

I don't think the breakfast problems are all this Holiday Inn. The entire Express line of hotels needs to understand that we would like some VARIETY in foods.

But I am more interested in the bed and the room than the "free" food, so I would come back.

I would give the hotel five stars and the breakfast zero stars.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank Stop_At_Red_Lights
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
#1 of 19 in Victorville

Been to Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia? Share your experiences!