“No Hospitality... Made a Terrible Time for Our Family Even Worse.”

Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Couldn't have been more disappointed in the lack of customer service. Our family came for a funeral and it couldn't have possibly been worse. 1 mistake that was not caught by the front desk snowballed into a huge problem, where accusations were made towards our group, a higher rate was charged without any consent, and the staff went through our personal belongings while we were preparing for the funeral!

The location and amenities are ok but it will never make up for the extreme embarrassment this hotel cost our entire group and the fact we had to move hotel rooms the morning of my Grandmother's funeral. I have never seen such a lack of hospitality in my entire life, and I have managed hotel

I have managed hotels for a few years so I write this with full knowledge of how hotels work and I cannot express how disappointed we were and how they made one of the most horrible times of my life that much worse. I could go on and on but I don't think it gets worse than staff members going through your personal belongings as well as laughing as your cry because you are preparing to say your final farewells to a loved one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank familyislife
JRamirez114, Manager at Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

I want to take one moment to say that this review is only stating part of the facts. Intercontinental Hotels which owns our franchise is taking legal steps on our behalf due to the nature of fraud which was perpetrated by these guest by trying to have guest check into the hotel with employee discounts while the guest were not in fact employees. That is why there was a rate change. I was never told about anyone going through the guest belongings. I do take that very seriously and would not tolerate an employee going through guest belongings. Please take a moment to see some of the other reviews before making a judgment on our Holiday Inn Express & Suites and our staff. We do have a discounted rate for guest experiencing bereavement.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel took my reservation on short notice and was completely accommodating and helpful.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank crystalsue2
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I travel to this area frequently and have tried several hotels. This one is clean and quiet. I've probably stayed at this hotel 8 or more times in the past several years. The staff is very nice. The rooms are ok, beds not great, but the showers are good. The free breakfast in the morning is not edible but there is fresh fruit. In my opinion, this hotel is a good value. Lots of TV channels. High speed internet that works. My suggestion: new mattresses, better sheets, and better breakfast. But I would stay there again even without the improvements. Its the best option.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SBMollyMom
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Although the hotel itself is just a typical clean/comfortable hotel. What really made this place stand out was the service.

I actually chose this particular hotel due to the high ratings it received. I'm very happy that I did. The front desk staff (Siegfried) was very friendly and helpful. 5 star service! All the staff really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AllanMuhlach
Reviewed January 31, 2011

As with many Holiday Inn Express hotels we will stay here again. The room had 2 queen beds, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. There was a desk and free internet. With all of that there is enough room to move around. The bathroom was roomy with good water pressure in the shower. The room was clean, the beds comfortable. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed 2 nights at this location. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The wireless internet was fast enough. The breakfast met my expectations. The coffee wasn't bad and went well with the cinnamon rolls. It was a good value for the money. The only disappointing feature of the room was the tube TV. In this day and age, I would have expected a HD LCD. It wasn't vital during a 2-night stay, but it was still not first-rate. HIEs aren't my usual first choice of accommodations but I'd stay here again if the price was right.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2010

After driving in from Phoenix heading to Stockton my family and I needed to rest. Steven greeted me with a great smile and a great walk-in rate. The hotel was immaculate and breakfast was good too the beds were a little hard but everything else was great.
After hitting the road and taking a break in Bakersfield my daughter realized she'd left her favorite stuffed animal in the room. Only because of its sentimental value I called the hotel to see if they had it. Brandi the morning clerk tracked down my daughters baby and had it mailed the next day to my home. You can not ask for anything better than that.
Thank you so much Holiday Inn and especially Brandi S

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank enjoytravelStockton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Comfort Suites Victorville
Comfort Suites Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Best Western Cajon Pass

Been to Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia? Share your experiences!