“I'll come back for more steak”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in Hesperia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went to the Golden Corral with my mother today. We didn't have to wait very long to get a seat, which was nice. The waitress walked by us several times, but only stopped to check on a us a couple of times. The appearance of the place was very nice, and the menu was certainly complete.
I'm half-and-half when it comes to the food. The mini-burgers that were served were AMAZING (even the bread!)! And generally, when steak is served (it wasn't there in the morning) I just have to get it, because one does not simply go to Golden Corral without getting the best thing there, which is the steak, usually. There was BBQ chicken, which was also pretty amazing.
However, the 'Sweet and Sour pork' meat was tough and tasteless. Not very appetizing. The green bean casserole was terrible. Worst green beans I've had in my life. They were canned (terrible things, canned green beans), and whatever the sauce on them was, it just made it worse.
I tried one of the rolls, it was quite good, but it seemed just a bit dry, so I would use their fake butter (margarine), and it was fixed.
Lastly, I tried a mini-pudding-pie. I admit, it did taste like from-a-box pudding, but at least it was good. And I don't know if the whipped cream on top of it was their own, but it was good (same with the crust).
Overall I think the experience was nice, but the food could have been better (and they shouldn't use canned vegetables/etc anymore!)

1  Thank Becca C

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have always gone to Golden Corral when we visited Texas. Since this one opened in Hesperia we go there regularly. There is a steak fry, and other meats, salad bar, vegetables, and a desert bar. You can eat all you want. This is the best deal in town.

1  Thank Stan J
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were there on a Friday night and it cost $13 a head for a very wide buffet selection of food. Unbeatable value

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We love to go here! The price is reasonable and the food choices are awesome. We did notice a slight decrease in the quality of the food about a month after they opened. It's still the best place up here for the price and variety! Just wish it was bigger.....it gets really crowded.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Living in Las Vegas, I see the commercial everyday but we don't have a Golden Corral. I was determined to one day take a rode trip just to go to one but as life has it we have been taking a few trips to L.A lately. We have driven by Golden Corral a couple times and finally made it in. I'm glad we went, it was a lot of fun and the food was pretty good. I had a tasty steak and there was a variety of chicken wings to choose from. Also, they have this delicious take on yams and of course their chocolate waterfall. Drinks should have come with the meal, which I didn't know they didn't until after I was rung up. But it was fun and I would like to go to their breakfast buffet one day.

1  Thank Jenniferhlv H