“Pleasant Hotel in the high desert”

Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I arrived yesterday afternoon and was promptly checked in to my room. The room was fine and what you would expect from a newer Marriott Courtyard hotel. After checking in I went to some meetings returning later that evening.

I had a light dinner at the bar. The food was good if you like buffalo wings. That is the only item I ordered. They came with plenty of blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks.

There are not lots of hotels here in Hesperia and Victorville. This is one of the nicer hotels

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim P
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for Choosing Courtyard by Marriott Hesperia ,CA for your Stay. And appertiate your time taken to write this review. It does help us as a training tool and deliver better customer services.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after midnight, and the rate was $99, which I thought we expensive, but I was there, so I paid it. I went to my room. This is a very new hotel, no more than 3 years old. When you enter the room, there is a long hallway back to the bed. I closed the curtain and got comfortable. At 7am, I was woken up by the gentleman in the next room having a conversation on his phone. I was highly upset, since this is a new hotel that the walls were that thin. The curtain didn't block all the light, so I struggled to go back to sleep again. I left there feeling like I should have just slept in my car and saved the money. I plan on returning to the area, but I will never be staying at that hotel again.

The bathroom is a very good size. There is a refrig in the room. The TV has a good selection of channels, and there is a lot of drawers for storage. The bed was comfortable, but with the noise issue, that doesn't much matter.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa or the room service. Since there is no N/A option, I had to pick something...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PaintedCanvas1975

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks when I was traveling for work in the High Desert area. I expected to be thoroughly sick of the place after staying for two weeks, but I was actually sad to leave.

My room was great. I stayed in an executive king suite, and it was truly comfortable. I slept well in the king bed every night with a sea of about 8 pillows. Nothing is better than having a king bed to yourself (sorry, husband - it's true!). There was a mini-fridge in the room, along with two flat-screen TV's, an armoire, a couch, a desk, a pull-out dining table, and a little bar area that contained coffee, tea, ice bucket, glasses, etc. The desk/work station was much appreciated, as there were quite a few plugs - I always seem to find that there are not enough available plugs in hotel rooms, but did not have that problem here. The bathroom was large and very clean (I guess it doesn't hurt that the hotel is not that old) - much better than most hotel bathrooms. It even had a fan! I absolutely hate when hotel bathrooms don't have fans, because getting ready in a steamy bathroom is unpleasant to me.

The best part of my stay here: the amazing air conditioning. I sleep best when my room is under 65 degrees (call me crazy), and I can almost never achieve this in a hotel room. I especially did not expect this in the desert. It made for a really excellent night's sleep!

The staff is very, very friendly. Parking is free and directly outside. Internet is free too. Breakfast is not included, which is a shame, but I enjoyed the breakfast offerings for purchase. I also frequently bought salads from The Bistro to take with me for lunch, since I was working at a place out in the middle of the desert with no lunch options nearby. All the salads were actually quite delicious. I had drinks at the bar every evening, which were reasonably priced. Sadly, I did not learn about the hotel's dinner menu until a week and a half into my stay since it is not advertised - but once I learned about it, I utilized it. The steak and the pasta offerings were delicious. Only The Bistro's menu is advertised, which is mainly appetizers and sandwiches. A word on the food offerings in the High Desert area in general: don't expect anything other than fast food, chain restaurants, burgers, and Mexican food. No independent restaurants to speak of, and trying to eat healthy without eating a salad for every meal becomes difficult. By the end of my trip I was eating Mexican food and burgers with abandon, as there just weren't other options. Not ideal.

The hotel has a pool and a gym, neither of which I used, but both of which I enjoyed the idea of. I had laundry done twice here, which was expensive, but it was done correctly.

I really don't have any negative comments about this hotel whatsoever. If I wanted to get really picky, I could point out that the carpeting in the hallways is somewhat garish. Obviously, however, that did not impact my stay :)

Overall, a very pleasant hotel staffed by very pleasant people. It was a pleasure to call this place home for two weeks.

Room Tip: can't go wrong with the king executive suite - lots of room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah Z

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to San Diego for one night and were very pleased with everything. The hotel is easily accessible from the I-15 and was a great value. We were a bit hesitant when we discovered our room was right next to the elevator, but surprisingly we did not hear it once during our stay. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and quiet, and the hotel staff was very pleasant. The hotel itself has a great setup for a business traveler, with a charging station located at the cafe in the hotel lobby. We loved the concept of the breakfast bar that later turned into a regular bar in the evenings. We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to San Diego!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara T

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We loved it! Clean rooms, comfortable beds, great staff. Right off I-15 and yet we couldn't hear a car go by, close to shops like Super Target, Super Walmart, Ihop and Dennys. Free coffee in room, small fitness room (dumbbell rack, adjustable bench, a few cardio machines), indoor and outdoor pool. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kkono

Reviewed September 16, 2013

2 pools, 4 floors, clean rooms and quiet - exactly what I had hoped for and more than I imagined considering it's not exactly a big city and the hotel is right off the freeway. We saw a few others with kids, granted not as young as ours but at least we weren't alone. Check-in was a breeze and the woman at the desk was pleasant. Our room looked and smelled clean, stylish decor and large bathroom, mini fridge and A/C worked well. The outdoor pool was a little chilly but the indoor pool was a great treat for our toddler. Great location, easy on/off from the freeway, plenty of food options nearby and Target. If in the area again I would most certainly come back to the Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JenJ0829
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time for giving us a review. We appretiate your comments and this is a tool to make our service better.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Vegas to LA and although we could have done the run through, it was good to have a stop-over. The hotel was quite new and clean and is located next door to the Suites, which probably have a bit more space, but overall we had no grumbles. Had a balcony view and two queen beds, fridge etc. Certainly adequate for our needs travelling and thankfully lifts to all floors as by then the suitcases were getting a bit heavy. There is a nice little bar and restaurant in the lobby, friendly service and very reasonably priced and looked good quality food - breakfasts looked good, but we were pushed for time. No complimentary breakfast as most of the other Marriott hotels that we used on the road trip.
Friendly staff, got entered into a draw as we arrived, not sure if we have won anything though!
Swimming pools both indoor and outdoor, used both , clean and well maintained. Spa pool indoors. Gym/Exercise room was very well equipped and if we had time, would have been good for a work-out as there was a decent range of equipment for the average gym user.
Would stay again. Close to several decent fast food or other restaurants and a Walmart if you want to DIY your food choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear view upper floor, overlooking the pool. No scenic views here though!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trudledoo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
#3 of 19 in Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
#1 of 19 in Victorville

Been to Courtyard Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!