“Some issues, but better than expected for the area”

Courtyard Victorville Hesperia
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Let me first begin by saying I do not like this area (the high desert) & I've never stayed at a hotel here, but I found myself in a position where I had to get a room here for two nights. It was great trepidation that I booked a hotel & I figured that the Courtyard by Marriott would be the least of the area evils.

We were greated by a friendly front desk agent who explained the hotel ammenities. We were given an early check in & I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see that the room was clean, the bathroom was large, well laid out & clean. In the room, there was a small refrigerator & a coffee maker (the coffee wasn't the best. There is coffee in the business center, & they brew Starbucks coffee in the little cafe area in the lobby & there is a Starbucks around the corner as well...of course).
There is also a little "store" in the lobby where you can get beverages, single serving cereal bowls, snacks, etc. There is no charge for parking, though I wouldn't expect there to be in this area.
There is a single washing machine & dryer in a "guest laundry room" for $1 each, should the need arise.

The bathroom door in the room was strange. It was a very large, industrial sized door that opened out & didn't stay open if you wanted to talk to your travel companion while getting ready. It was the only odd part of the room layout that made navigation a little difficult, but no major issue, really.

The sheets & towels were not high quality, but they were clean & just fine.

Disappointing: Our second night of the stay, we returned, exhausted, to our room after a very long day looking forward to showers only to find that the room had not been cleaned. When we called the front desk, we were told there was no one on staff at this hour (around 10:30 pm) & we would have to go down to the front desk to pick up some towels. Seeing as how room cleaning is one of the key amenities for which you pay, I was extremely disappointed for this inconvenience. We hadn't the time at check out to speak with a manager, so we are writing a letter to Marriott regarding the experience.

Overall, this hotel would've been a pleasant surprise in a town from which I was not expecting much, if it were not for the lack of housekeeping services. (This is why I am only giving an "average" to cleanliness...but it was a clean hotel)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYArtistGirl
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for writing this review, I appologies on the inconvience you had on your stay. Please give us one more chance to make your stay an better one. Thank You .

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The (mis)adventure started when I arrived at 11:00 hoping for an early check-in. My room wasn't ready and I was told to come back after 3:00. Fair enough. But when I returned at 3:30, there was a 30-minute long line to check in. And many were being turned away because their rooms were not ready. When I finally got to the front of the line, I was told that my room also was not ready and was asked to come back in 30 minutes. I responded that I was told earlier that my room would be ready at 3:00. She then checked with housekeeping and found out that my room actually was ready. After dinner and a movie, we returned to our room at 8:00. It sounded more like we were inside of a bass drum than a hotel room. The source of the wall-vibrating noise was a party with a DJ in the banquet room below our second floor room. I called the front desk to complain about the noise at 9:30 when we were ready for bed. The woman responded that the music would continue for another 1 1/2 hours, but she would see if they would turn the bass down. But it was still going with full bass at 11:30. I called the front desk again to ask that the music be turned off. I was told that the party and music would go on until midnight. And it did. I complained again on checkout the next morning. The front desk representative responded that the hotel was poorly designed as the hotel rooms were built directly over the banquet room. Sounds more like a management than design problem to me. How about not renting out the banquet room for late-night parties with amplified music? This is supposed to be a hotel, no?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SDCADan

Thank you for writing this review, I appologies on the inconvience you had due to the noise disturbance, I request you to try us again, will make sure your stay at our location will be pleasant and wont have any complaints..
Bijal Patel

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I visited this hotel for a soccer tournament. The hotel looks brand new, the staff was first class, the rooms were clean and the gym spotless. The only complaint is the indoor pool is a touch small but outdoor pool is perfect! A lot of big brand managers can learn a lot from this hotel. In short, next time I have to go to the high Desert this is the place I will stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank charlessouthey
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank You for taking time to write this Review, We do appretiate your feedback. And will look forward to your next stay with us again.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I checked in very late and the front desk was having some issues with their computers not accepting my corporate credit card I had been using all week. They were training someone new, so I tried to be patient. When I finally got checked in, I wearily walked to my room and found that my keys did not work. Had to trudge all the way back down to the lobby and have them remade. My room had a huge spider on the wall that I killed and some food stains on the desk. My bed was so well-made that I could literally bounce a quarter on it! Unfortunately, it wasn't very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice - only got 1 towel, though. There is a granite bench in the shower. I loved the data port on the desk! The bureau/wardrobe in my room (ironing board & closet) was not balanced and rattled against the wall every time I took a step, so I felt bad for the person next to me. I only stayed here one night and was quite surprised that a new, modern courtyard was here - in the middle of the desert!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager760, General Manager at Courtyard Victorville Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for Choosing Courtyard by Marriott in Hesperia,CA. I do appretiate your Feedback, Guest Satisfaction is our Priority and we do take extra step to make sure we have our Guest leave with Plesant stay. I do understand your Concern , but please give us one more chance to prove ourself and make sure we satisfy your needs. Once Again please accept my appology and Looking forward to your next Stay with us Again. Thank You.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Arrived at the Courtyard Marriott on a Friday Night; we were there for a soccer tournament. The hotel parking lot was PACKED... but that was the only downfall. The room was great, the room was spacious, clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. In the AM we ate at the little bistro, my son love that each little booth had it's own television at the tables! Oatmeal and Sunrise Sandwich were great and the price was great! ($)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MEG G

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is gorgeous - especially when you consider where it is. It's a pretty desolate, high desert section of California - not a place you would go on vacation. It is a nice spot to break the drive from San Diego (or LA) to Las Vegas if you're not into the 5-6 hour drive. Conveniently located by the 5 - but well sound proofed so I never noticed the freeway noises. I was there on family business and swooped in late at night and left early, but I was really impressed with the quality of the rooms. Clearly a new hotel, nicely decorated with a really pleasant lobby area -worth hanging out in (if I had time). The gym, business center and pool looked great as well. The rooms were nicely decorated in a very modern but warm style. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom and tub were great. Lot's of tech stuff in the room(hook ups for all manner of devices, lots of plugs, etc.), so it would probably be a roadwarriors dream. The wi-fi worked well. Hotel staff was very professional. I checked in late and there was a friendly staffer right there to help me in.

I would rate this hotel a 4.5. I would have given the hotel a five if breakfast had been included. For the money, it seemed overpriced considering the location is not a garden spot. It was over $100, which would have been appropriate in a more picturesque location. If you can negotiate a lower price, you'll definitely enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DFloyd

Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel is great because it's newer and well kept. Most Marriott hotels are new and modern. However this one is well kept. The furniture is very modern. With 2 flat screen televisions. My reservation for the King suite is worth the $99 per night. It's very quiet. People are respectful of noise levels. The staff was helpful when I'd call the front desk or just ask questions in person. There is guest laundry room on the 1st floor. There is an indoor pool and fitness room as well. The restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. Although one morning I ordered breakfast in bed late but they still took it up to my suite. I tipped accordingly. The staff does go out of their way to help. So the main points here are, Clean newer hotel, helpful staff plus your money will be well spent. I've grown very fond of the Marriott hotels in my recent travels for work. You can always expect clean, modern hotel rooms from this company. Stay here and feel Comfortable like I did. One minor issue, the carpets on all the floors have Plastic wrap on them. It's bit weird cause your stepping on plastic when you walk down the hallways or stairs.

• Stayed: May 2011

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
Best Western Cajon Pass
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
#1 of 19 in Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville

Been to Courtyard Victorville Hesperia? Share your experiences!