Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Shade Hotel(Redondo Beach)
$329
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Seaside Motel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Redondo Beach Hotel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsocean frontbeach housevalet parkingcontinental breakfaststove topgas fireplacevolleyball playersoceanfront roompeople watchingseparate showeraveda productsbike rentalsliving room areamini kitchensand toysthe ground floorfour nights
Reviewed April 13, 2010

After reading all the glowing reviews of this hotel and the recommendation from my sister, we chose to stay here for a long weekend with 2 teenage kids (boy and girl). First off, all the staff was very helpful but then again we didn't really interact with them other than check-in and out. The room was very nice, cute little kitchenette area I didn't expect, and nice stereo and TV but the pictures on the website make it look fancier (and much bigger) than it really is. Also, it turns out they don't have roll-away beds (I didn't ask, my bad, and it wouldn't have fit anyways) so I had to sleep on the crappy sofa bed with my daughter and my son and husband got the King. (no way we could convince them to sleep together. lol) We had an end unit on the second floor which was great for the view and privacy but bad for the noise. The restaurant next door sets up tables pretty earlier in the morning and several large trucks came by during the night. Also, the continental breakfast isn't very good. Very limited selection and inconsistent, for example very good jam in little glass jars but the bagels weren't real bagels but bagel shaped rolls. But the view outweighs these minor problems.

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Gorgeous beach, lots of places to shop and eat within walking distance (really). For that alone I will probably come back, but if you got stuck with one of the partial view rooms, you could end up looking at a roof or parking lot and then it wouldn't be worth the money. And one other bad, $23 a day to park! which added another hundred bucks to the bill.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smalmaden
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My family and I planned a spring break trip to sunny CA. We were staying a few nights in the LA area, driving up the coast and then a few nights in the San Francisco area. I really wanted to be on the beach in LA. I searched like mad to find a place that would be okay for three kids (9, 12 &15). A friend of ours told us about Hermosa Beach. Knowing the Tripadvisor website well, I searched for a spot at Hermosa Beach. The Beach House was listed #2...WHY?! Should be #1!! One of the nicest, most comfortable places I have ever stayed; and we travel a lot! We needed two rooms. Our rooms were not connected but were together with an exterior door that closed them off from the hallway. The rooms were impeccably clean. The beds and pillows were fabulous. The linens were plush! Yes, I am a girl with two girls...we like soft thick towels and comfortable sheets! The bathrooms were large and stocked with wonderful toiletries; Aveda actually went out and bought the soap! Each room had a fireplace, which made it cozy; two flat screen TVs, and a small kitchen. A light continental breakfast was available each morning and carefully and expertly tended. The staff was wonderful. From the ladies at check in to the valet...everyone was simply wonderful. We were very well taken care of while there. This hotel sits on The Strand which was great fun for walking and people watching! Beach volleyballers were everywhere! There were some excellent restaurants and eclectic shopping within walking distance. (If you love trendy clothing stop in Fernando"s. What great people! It is high end prices, but Fernando does all alterations right there on the spot! He and his wife put my daughters in some killer jeans!) All in all one of the greatest stays of our lives!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lscwilliams
Reviewed April 9, 2010

If you want clean rooms, great service, ocean views, walk out your door exercise trail, walking to entertainment, food, drinks, etc. this is the hotel for you! My husband and I recommend the Beach House to all. The entire staff were friendly especially the cleaning staff. They were very efficient and always friendly. The continental breakfast was simple and plenty. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I loved the soaking tub. Our balcony had an ocean view. The only negative I have was the noise on the street toward the evening was very loud. A lot of young people skateboarding off the Strand on the street. We loved the Easter Sunday sunrise Mass on the beach at 6:30 a.m. The local Catholic Church should do a sunrise Mass every Sunday. It was a very spiritual service. Thank you all at the Beach Hotel - we hope to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank honeydsmith
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Found this hotel 5 yrs ago and I stay here every time I am in town. Right on the beach and close to restaurants and shops. Perfect for families with kids because rooms are like mini apartments with kitchens, living rooms and fireplaces. Spa services available. Nice breakfast offered with a great view of the beach, so will save you money. Rooms are so tasteful that they were even featured on a design show. Great beds as well. High end for not over the top price when you take breakfast and the kitchen into consideration.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Stayed here for one night, Valentines day. Our first attraction to this hotel was the perfect location, on the strand, near the pier and restaurants. Once we arrived, valet was seamless, front desk staff was pleasant, warm and welcoming. We booked an ocean front room (i think it was 209. there is a light pole in front of the balcony. not a major upset but it is there), requested 3rd floor but only 2nd was avail (we only booked a few days prior to arrival). The key to booking the room with the best view is reading all room types before booking or simply call to hotel to ask which rooms face the ocean. Upon entering we were pleasantly surprised. The website doesn't do the place justice. An update to their gallery is needed. It's very beach, chic and love the mini kitchen. It was great to have a place to chill our goodies we brought from home. We requested in-advance to have the rented dvd player in our room upon arrival and it was there, connected and ready to go. The flat screen tvs were great, worked well, and the stereo system was also a great perk (vs just a clock radio). Within minutes we had relaxing music playing, balcony doors open, kicking back on the CLEAN! outdoor furnishings, enjoying our sunny afternoon. There were complimentary valentines day chocolates in the room also which was a nice touch!

Our only minor issue was the lack of privacy on the balconies. There can be a small screen of some kind installed so if you are sitting further back on the balcony, closer to the sliding door and not leaning on the railing, your neighbor cannot immediately see you unless he/she leans over to look. Yes it's a balcony, passers by can look up but, I kinda wanted a bit more privacy if even just to have a conversation. I also realize some may want a full view of the ocean left to right but privacy screens are not solid, they simply allow a bit of privacy.

Otherwise our stay was great. We walked to breakfast (we had no problem with there being a lack of food on-site since there is so much within walking distance), rented bikes and had a great time. Highly recommend for a little getaway.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business