“Perfect place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Brazil
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights and everything ran perfectly. This is a front beach hotel and I chose an ocean front room. As I was attending to a beach tennis tournament (by the way, the best tournament I have ever participated), the arena was just steps away. The room had mini kitchen facilities and a separate room with a second TV. The bathroom, very spacious, was fitted with a bathtub. All amenities can be found: safe, hair dryer, bath indulgences etc. The staff was very attentive and kind.

Room Tip: Ocean front room - no doubt!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed four nights in an ocean front room. We reserved an ocean view room, but when we arrived, we were upgraded to an ocean front room. I was thrilled! It did not disappoint. Our room was on the first floor and the boardwalk was directly in front of us. We enjoyed watching the passerby's walking their dogs, skateboarding, and bicycling. We also got to watch many groups practice volleyball on the beach. My husband and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every morning while sitting on our balcony. The king size bed was very comfortable. The room was perfect for the two of us. I feel it may be small for four people. The hotel supplies beach chairs (with an insulated cooler attached) and towels for the beach. The location is perfect! Plenty of stores and restaurants within walking distance. The staff was very pleasant and always eager to help. Every time we entered the lobby we were always greeted with a nice small and conversation. The room was very clean. If we go back to LA, I would definitely stay here again. A very relaxing and enjoyable vacation!

Room Tip: Ocean front room is awesome.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Only one complaint, 4PM check-in means 4PM check in. We arrived at 3PM and our rooms were not ready until exactly 4PM. Great location, staff was accomodating but not over the top. This property is all about the oceanfront rooms after that everything else is secondary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven F
southampton u.k
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights in a beach front room on the third floor. We have visited Hermosa Beach before so knew where the hotel was. After a 4 day drive from Phoenix we were looking forward to the rest. We were not disappointed. Our room was large with a super king bed and sofa area. There was a fridge and small stove and microwave. There is a gas fire if it got cool and air con was quiet. The real bonus is the balcony were we sat and watch the sunset. I would get a second or third floor room as there is a path along the front with people walking or cycling past all day. The hotel do a continental breakfast and you can sit outside and watch the beach and the people pass by. They also loan you beach chairs.
There are lots of decent restaurants near by but we loved our room and balcony so much we took a pizza back and ate it there one night. If you stay over a weekend see if there is a show on at The Comedy and Magic Club just a few 100 metres away. We had a great evening out there and it wasn't too expensive.
If you have a car you will have to pay $24 a night to park it at the hotel. The wifi was free and fast. We were able to FaceTime our children back home. This might not be the cheapest hotel you ever stay in but it is great value because of its quality and location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robgray
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We took a 4 day three night break at the beach house. We had a great time. We reserved a Beach view room and were given a Beach Front room on the ground floor. I was a little concerned but am very very glad we took it. The only problem was that there is a walk way that lots of people walk, run, bike on in front of your room. At first it was wierd but after an hour it was kind of neat seeing a very diverse group.
The hotel is old but well maintained. The continental breakfast was average with the exception that you get to eat it looking directrly at the beach.

Volleyball is played between the hotel and the ocean. It was kind of relaxing to sit on the deck and watch people play and practice. There were many Pro level players practicing and they worked a lot harder than you might expect.

We walked the walkway (I think they call it the strand) a few miles one day and rented bikes the next day. We took the STAND all the way to Santa Monica pier the next. This proved to be a lot longer than it looked on the map. The ride was enjoyable except for a few miles that went thru traffic.

The biggest negative was the temperature. Since we usually go to the beach in Florida we were not expecting the temp to be as cool as it was. We needed jackets every evening. Oh yea, they have gas fire places in the room, and we used it every night.

Overall we had a good time staying at the Beach House. My individual ratings are not as high as I would normally give to a hotel because of the price. The Beach House cost for a night is higher than most I have stayed at so I think that there are things that they could do to get a hight rating.
With that said, I would still stay there again.

Room Tip: I would choose a beach front room on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John C
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Beach House Hotel @ Hermosa Beach provided just the right blend of peace and tranquility while still being accessible and fun. I had the pleasure of staying here on the tail end of a business trip as a "treat" to myself and it was wonderful. The in room fireplace was so nice, as was the separate shower and bath. It was so clean and comfortable not to mention the great location. The Beach house is within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants. My only regret was not staying longer but I will makeup for that on my next visit. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: As a note, the ocean view and partial were all sold out so my room faced the back of someone else...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Perfect location and great rooms... we didn't get the oceanfront as they were sold out but the ocean views (room 319 or 317) are nice too because you can enjoy the people watching. The beach is just steps away and they had a nice complimentary continental breakfast. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!