I had my 30th B-Day dinner here on March 6th. I thought this might have been one of those small restaurant unique finds. I was very much wrong and was hating every minute of it. My wife looked at the expression on my face, and she said I looked like I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. She was right.
1. The place has horrible acoustics, so every sound reflects throughout the room and makes it sound 10x louder. It was very noisy and made the experience not good. The place was completely full this night. I could see the ambiance being okay with just a few couples there and the service might have been better.
2. Service was very slow and not responsive. Water refills were far between. At a restaurant of this level you have high expectations. Took over 20 minutes just to get the check. They don't have a computer system for table checks; everything is done manually.
3. The server offered a starting appetizer of a meat/cheese tray. We thought that would be a good idea. The meat/cheese tray was good; but he didn't mention the price. When we got the bill; it was $80 for the five of us. Granted; I should have checked; but never expected anything higher than 30-40. $80 plus tip/tax is absurd. The waiter should have warned us about that. This is not listed on the menu anywhere.
4. The portions were very small. When I received my plate; I wanted to ask where is the rest of it. The food quality was average to below average. As someone else mentioned; it is over salted. The vegetables were just sliced carrot slivers with no special cooking to them. I've eaten at plenty of high priced places; and walked out feeling I got my money worth. Here I felt like we were robbed.
5. The bathroom was like a gas station bathroom. It had a leak in the ceiling; and to close the door you have to lift the door upwards for the latch to go across.... This was a $400+ meal.
Not sure how anyone could have given this place a good review; but hopefully I can at least save one couple from wasting their money. We will not be back.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.