“Great Burgers - Cold Beer - Nice View”
Review of Hennessey's Tavern

Hennessey's Tavern
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Hermosa Beach
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Daughter picked us up from the airport and asked what we wanted to do first. I answered that I would like to sit and look at the ocean, eat a great burger and drink a couple ice-cold beers.

Hennessey's delivered on everyone of the marks.

Perfect.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The waitresses at Hennessey's must be suffering from working night shifts as they are really slow moving. On a couple of not so busy mornings the manager had to assist with service. Great location, but would not suggest for breakfast. Try Scotty's at half the price and much quicker service.

1  Thank FrederickBurg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate at Hennessey's for breakfast during their weekday breakfast special hour with buy 1 get 1 free from 8-9am.

The outdoor seating is comfortable and spacious and affords beach and ocean views. Our server did a reasonable job of waiting on us, but it appeared that she could have used some help for the amount of customers she was trying to handle.

Upon greeting us and taking our drink orders she told us that they had not received their shipment of eggs yet and that all eggs would be scrambled. My daughter ordered a breakfast sandwich and requested brown bread. I ordered a cheese omelet and white bread with a coke. When our order arrived the bread I was served looked to be the brown bread, however the server was so busy I didn't bother to question it.

The food was ok nothing to really rave about, but nothing to complain about either. However, I was surprised to be charged $3.30 for a glass of coke. Two breakfast entrees (with by one get one free) and one coke cost $17.

Not a bad breakfast but also not something I would insist that someone had to try.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

You can't beat the location, and there is usually a wait to eat upstairs because the view is awesome! Nothing beats a beer and fries while you people watch at Hennessey's. I like it on a foggy day as well as a sunny one. We have had good service and terrible service... I think it just depends. Same goes for the food. It is a fun bar scene inside, but mostly we like upstairs for hanging out and getting off the beach for a while.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

shocking service upstairs.
Four waitresses just standing around chatting basically.
They had my favourite beer on tap, it has a great view and I still left.
At night it's awful too.