“Top Tier Drunk Tacos”
Review of Project Taco - CLOSED

Project Taco
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I was hammered when I had this meal. I blame the combination of cheap booze and being excited about being in a new country. So here's the story....

It was about 2am and we were hungry. I entrusted my friend with $20 and told him to buy tacos while I ran to the beach to pee. I return a few minutes later (my leopard print moccasins full of sand) to find no tacos and my friend chatting to a questionable young lady. He then has the nerve to simply give me my $20 back and leave! How dare he!?!

So now I'm stuck at the back of the line, sandy moccasins and no tacos. Fortunately the line moved quickly and after a confusing conversation with the guy, my order was placed. I should note that the confusion was primarily due to slurring and an accent, not laziness on their part.

From what I recall the tacos came quickly and were fabulous. Even discounting the fact that I would have enjoyed dirt at that pint in time, I still think they were amazing.

You know what? I'll go back this week and get some sober, then review again.

Wish me luck.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Loved the chicken taco with a pinch of cilantro & avocado (they put mild salsa on mine at my request ) , it was seriously the BEST taco I've ever had. I'll be trying to duplicate this at home for my family . Also, the guy working there was perfectly friendly & personable.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The thai chicken taco was freakin awesome! and if you are in the mood for something new and a little weird, the BBQ & Blueberry taco is pretty good.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Terrific little taco stand. The ingredients are fresh and the staff is very friendly. Prices aren't too bad. I had a Thai inspired taco that tasted similar to Pad Thai. The spicy with the sweet tickled the tastebuds and tasted great. Also enjoyed a breakfast taco. There are free refills on iced tea. This is a small storefront with outdoor seating. There is a small counter with bar stools and one small picnic table. Great place to have a taco and people watch.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Walk up tacos with original, unusual flavors. Not the standard half dozen ingredients but all sorts of different tastes accompanied by friendly service and a spot in the sun just by hermosa beach.