“Could use some cleaning...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach

Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Gilbert, Arizona
“Could use some cleaning...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

The lobby and buffet area was clean but the hallways and rooms could use a bit of cleaning and fresh paint. Our bathtub wasn't even caulked at the bottom so when you took a shower the floor would flood.
Thank goodness we didn't see any roaches.

We thought since we are Hilton Silver VIP members we would have gotten a better room but not the case, our room was on the second floor with a view of the parking garage wall.

Overall for one night it was okay.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MamaCapone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2007

I have stayed here twice before and loved it. The third time I got not as nice a room even though I’m a Hilton VIP and called early to pre-book my room. In the morning something ran across my face went under the headboard. After much banging I got my bug-a big roach., I took the still live bug down to the front desk and the night person gave me a hard time about getting a new room. Said they were sold out-however I caught a guy coming down who was checking out but the night auditor said they already had his room booked (even though at the time they did not know what room he was in because he was not checked out) so I could not have his. After much yelling at 6 am he got the manager on the phone. At that time I checked out and went to the Hampton in Anaheim which is always a good stay. The manager called me later and they gave me the room free (whish is the Hampton guarantee anyway) and he said that it happens although they do spray the hotel. He said I would not have that problem when I came back (he thinks I’m coming back). I travel almost every week, I’m a Hilton Diamond VIP and they treated me like that? Also, I the woman across the hall I saw when I was checking out said she got bit on the leg by something during the night. I’m totally freaked out now every time I stay in a hotel.

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — bugs in room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank liveinasuitcase
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

Good value, great location. Clean an well-appointed with excellent super-comfortable beds.

We came here for a one night stay. 15 mins. to LAX. sure beats being stuck at an 'Airport Hotel' in Inglewood. Easily walked to beach to see sunset over the Pacific.

3 Thank werldtraveller
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2006

We chose this location because it was within walking distance of the beach without being prohibitively expensive. When I made the reservation, I requested an upper floor, and our room was, in fact, on the second floor. However, because of the way the motel is situated, our room was actually below the level of the veterinarian's parking lot to which it was adjacent. Very depressing. When I asked about changing rooms, I was met with considerable hostility. The room was clean and attractively decorated, but the staff's indifference to my concerns would prevent my ever staying there again.

• Stayed August 2006
7 Thank Ramblingirl
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

I liked it. It's a few minutes from the beach. The Bedding was super comfortable. The tv's had a throttle on the volume control (fantastic). The rooms were clean, and the management nice. Advice: Get a 3rd floor room, much better view. Parking is tight, but we were not on the street. Street noise is tiresome...

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2006

We decided to stay at this hotel the week after Easter, a little concerned if it would be nice. It was spotless (and I am the queen of moving rooms if it looks even a little worn)! The breakfast was very nice with fruit, yogurt, cereal, some hot choices, and even on the run bags. The staff were very polite. A short walk away (maybe about 1 mile) was the pier with multiple restaurants and a few shops. We even rented bikes and followed the path along the ocean all the way to LAX. It was beautiful. Our balcony on the top floor (4) gave us a view of the ocean in the distance, yet it was very serene and beautiful. Free parking was great. The king bed was huge. Nice sofa and sitting area. Also enjoyed having a small fridge, microwave and sink/cupboard area (no ants, as I read in a previous review). There is a drug store and grocery store right across the street.
For around $130 a night it was a fantastic value. Would definitely stay here again, maybe this summer when it's a bit warmer and we can use the beach more.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank LvToTrvl
Central California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2006

Clean & newly redone hotel about 15 minutes from beach. Comfortable beds in spacious rooms. We had a room on 4th floor with 2 double beds. Our room was toward the back of the hotel and very quiet. We had a small balcony that if you stretched your neck way out, you could see a glimpse of the ocean. Guests must sign a "no party" paper - must've had problems in the past but not on this night - even was Memorial Day weekend Courteous staff, helpful with directions. Nice breakfast in the lobby - juices, coffee, fruit, eggs w/ ham, yogurt, french toast sticks....We wanted to stay at the Beach House but the same night would've been $315 with a 2 night minimum. We stayed here for $135 (online rate). Free parking was nice too. Would stay again just wish they had a pool.

2 Thank chloesue
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!