All reviews sun deck great location grocery store pacific coast highway busy street within walking distance complimentary breakfast great place to stay minute walk would stay again small balcony restaurants and bars pleasant stay the hotel is clean road noise few blocks ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2016

I was very surprised when I opened this hotel up to rate it and saw "horrible staff" comments. We met 3 different staffs - mid-day, PM and early AM and everyone was super nice and helpful. Definitely a 5 for the staff and the "to go" food bags that they assemble and have check out if you need to leave before breakfast is an AWESOME idea with fruit, 2 kinds of cereal bars and mints for the flight.

And as noted by many people - who can go wrong with the location and the ability to walk the beach and get great food. As a helpful tip - if you do walk on the beach barefoot, you will likely get some about of tar on your feet; it doesn't come off with soap and water but any kind of oil will take it off - baby oil, massage oil, vegetable oil.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Friendly, clean, walking distance to eatery, pubs, ice cream and beach. If window is open you can hear traffic. Complimentary breakfast was yummy and warm. Also, walking distance to coffee and grocery stores.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We arrived 2 hours before check in and not only did they allow us to check in, they upgraded us just because they had a room available. What a pleasant surprise! We ended up in a room on the 3rd floor with a balcony facing the ocean. Now, considering the hotel is on PCH about ½ mile from the beach, the view wasn’t exactly spectacular, but it was still nice to be able to sit on the balcony. And we could see a few patches of ocean through the buildings and trees. The view from the 4th floor was better and even if you don’t have a room, you can enjoy the outdoor terrace on the 4th floor.

The room was large and had a sofa, a refrigerator and a microwave. It was up to the usual Hampton Inn standards of clean and comfortable. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn menu and was acceptable. Nothing to get excited about but a nice variety and satisfying. The location is right on PCH (very busy highway), but even with a room facing PCH we didn’t have issues with noise. It’s a nice walk down to the beach past plenty of restaurants and shops so it’s a pleasant stroll. Returning is a bit more challenging because it is uphill on the return. So park your car at the motel (plenty of parking), and take a walk to explore Hermosa Beach.

I’ve stayed in many Hampton Inn’s and have always been happy. This one was no exception.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank familytravellers4
Reviewed September 9, 2016

This hotel has the best location for walking to the beach,shopping and freeway access. Staff is friendly and helpful and breakfast is delicious. Fitness room was very nice too and we really appreciated the ocean view and proximity to shopping

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nmtravelbug1224
Reviewed August 31, 2016

So very UNhappy! Asanka should not be at your front desk! Just horrible and not accommodating at all. There was an issue with my stay. I purchased it as a gift through Hilton Honors for my daughter. I advised Hilton that she would not have the credit card on file or one of her own and asked them to prepay the room. I asked that they charge MY card. I also asked, 3 times, if this would be an issue when she checked in (her not having a card) and they stated it would not be. When she arrived she could not check in because she didn't have a credit card. I spoke with Asanka (the guy at the front desk) and advised all of the above. He said, sorry, but room wasn't paid for and he needed a credit card from her to check in. I asked if I could pay over the phone, he stated NO. My daughter only had a card with very little money on it so I asked if he could run that amount, just to get her in the room, and told him we would come from Woodland Hills, 1-1.5 hours away, right then to pay for the room. His answer, NO, again. I called Hilton Honors. Their member, Robert, called Asanka to try and work some resolution. I was on the phone with my daughter and on hold via another phone with Robert when he called. I heard how Asanka treated Robert from Hilton Honors. Asanka was yelling at him and very rude just as he was to my daughter and I! He was telling Robert, NO, again, to any option other than my daughter having a credit card. We tried everything to get this resolved so she could check in. I wanted to pay for it on a credit card instead of via cash. Ultimately I had to transfer the cash to her bank account so she could use her debit card to check in, hoping the funds would transfer immediately. They did go through and then she was able to check in. FINALLY...after an hour of being on the phone to Hampton Inn, via my daughter, and Hilton Honors, with NO help from either! Then, she gets to her room, #303, and she has a crummy view. She could see Wells Fargo Bank, CVS, and a parking lot (for $195 I expected more). I truly believe Asanka put her up in one of the worst rooms there just because he was irritated, or for whatever reason. My daughter said the room was nice, even though her view was not. She was going to call down to ask for another room but didn't want to have to deal with Asanka again and felt she wouldn't get moved anyway because of his attitude. That is sad! He should not be at the front desk, or maybe not even with Hampton Inn if this is how he is going to treat guests! I just couldn't believe it. The attitude Asanka gave, the disregard for the situation, the unwillingness to work anything out with a customer, and the unkind, rude, and disrespectful way he talked to my daughter, myself, and the Hilton Honors representative was just so horrible! It really started our her stay with a bad taste. So it will be interesting to see if Hampton Inn stands by it's "100% guarantee". I spent more money at your hotel than I could have spent at The Four Seasons; and I can GUARANTEE you the quality of service would have been a whole lot kinder and understanding. Hampton Inns are nice hotels, but with customer service like this it will be hard for me to want to book with you again. I can tell you one thing for sure...I will NEVER stay at this location again!!!

Date of stay: August 2016