“Excellent stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great location, safe & clean property, cordial & helpful staff. Nice place for both business travelers and families. They were able to accomodate all requests. This was last minute booking for us, and really lucked out for the area. Would stay here again without hesitation. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years for business. Great location for restaurants, bars and beach. Clean rooms and friendly staff with nice breakfast, balconies in some rooms and just a good vibe!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Murray E
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Convenient location, predictable, clean rooms....just what I'd expect from Hampton. Northing more, nothing less. No surprises (ok, so maybe the lanai looking out at a neighborhood stucco wall was a bit less scenic than last week's hotel view in Maui; that was a bit surprising). Price is a bit steep for a Hampton Inn, but I'll chalk it up to location.

Room Tip: No pool, limited workout faciities (but not crowded, either).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this property for a quick business trip. It's in a great location - easy to get to, you can see the ocean from the top floors, and you're close to everything you need to do. Good eating is close-by, and you can get to the property from LAX without getting on the freeway. All good in my book. Front desk staff was wonderful and the lobby has been recently remodeled to be very stylish and business-friendly. The rooms, however, need an update. The shower curtain in my room was torn at the rod level so water was all over the floor no matter how hard I tried to keep the curtain tucked to the enclosure. Speaking of enclosures, the shower enclosures are well worn and should be replaced. The blow dryers are old and need replacing. There are handles in the shower, but the screws are rusted - this tells you how old they are. There was a significant amount of dust on the couch in my room and the clock radio was sticky. Now, for the good things about the rooms: great beds and bedding, good TV options, quiet rooms. The morning breakfast was typical - just enough to get you through the morning, but as always, Hampton coffee is wonderful! I think that if the property managers update the rooms, they'll be in better shape, but for now, the room rates are not commensurate with what you get.

Room Tip: Despite facing the road, PCH quiets down at night. Thanks to good A/C units and drapes, noise should...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is on a busy road so when the taxi pulled up I was sort of worried it would be noisy. Although the room I had was on the second floor facing the road it was fine. Heavy curtains and a newish AC unit made the noise levels acceptable. The room was spotless, Wi-Fi worked well and everyone I had contact with was very nice. They even gave me directions, if you knew me you would know that is easier said than done. I was only there for a few days on business so I can not tell you much. It is a short walk to the beach, there is a Starbucks nearby that opens @ 4:30. I did find the nicest sort of antique & vintage clothing place right nearby on Pier Street while looking for a gift for my daughter. Breakfast buffet looked OK, gym too but it was a very busy trip so I did not use either. Fair price, clean, no surprises.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place will never again receive mine nor US government business.

The receptionist (male) was rude, unprofessional and refused to support us. He would rather leave 15 empty rooms than give a federal government rate. He said, "we're by the beach, so we don't have time to deal with you kind of people."

The manager does not feel the need to reutrn phone calls...ever.

Well done. You're now blackballed. But its ok, you're by the beach.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel altogether.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank barneypilot
mahesh p, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Any kind of expeiance for the guest is very important us.We are very sorry that we could not accodomate the rate you reqeusted.Once again I do apologize for the experience you had with staff.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. The hotel was perfectly clean. The room was spacious. I got a room that had a jacuzzi in it and it was a pleasure to take a jacuzzi after a long workday. The hotel is quiet, centrally located, across the street from a 24 hour Fitness, a few blocks (easy to walk) from the beach, great restaurants. The staff was helpful and ever present, the breakfast was the best I've ever had at one of these "free" breakfast places, parking was easy. its about 20 minutes from LAX. I will come back to this place

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach
Shade Hotel
Shade Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!