We stayed at the Hermosa Beach Holiday Inn Express for one night, August 11th to be closer to LAX following a long weekend in Huntington Beach. We were coming from the HB Hyatt Regency so this would be a step down in hotel class. Since the purpose of the trip was my wife’s b-day and our belated honeymoon, the hotel upgraded us to an executive suite which was nice. It was not on the PCH side, which was my major concern. The room was clean, and everything was in order. The fridge and microwave was a nice to have feature.
Check in was smooth, the hotel staff friendly. We took advantage of the safe deposit box to leave our valuables in while we went to Manhattan Beach to check out the AVP tour and hang at the beach for a couple of hours. They even let us take some of their pool towels to the beach since we did not have any beach towels (we brought them back and returned them to the pool area). The pool itself is a small indoor pool. We did not partake.
Getting our belongings out of the safe deposit box was the only hiccup at this hotel; the desk clerk clearly had not been trained on how to use the keys.
As others have mentioned, the location is right next to the Redondo Beach Pier area, even though it is a Hermosa Beach address. Walking distance easily.
All in all it was a very good value and we were only 20 minutes from LAX (at 4:30 am) which made it worth it moving hotels. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hermosa Beach has been chosen one of top ten beaches in the US. Whether you re coming to the South Bay Area for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Hotel is only 1/2 mile from beach and 7 miles from LAX. We are walking distance to Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach Pier, King Harbor, exciting bars and restaurants. The hotel features include free parking, local phone calls, wireless/wired Internet, business center and a complimentary Express Start hot breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, omelet and gravy. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Hermosa Beach, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach
- Holiday Inn Hermosa Beach
- Hermosa Beach Holiday Inn