It is a very nice hotel for the price in a great location. It's a fairly easy and pleasant walk down to Redondo Beach and the many restaurants and activities along the ocean. The nearly complete renovations are quite well done. I've seen many older hotels that have had poor renovations (like plastic/fiberglass bathtub and shower inserts) but not here. Parking was great. No complaints about the breakfast either, there was something for everyone's tastes. My only complaint is that the pool is described as "indoor" and it is only partially indoor. One entire side wall of the pool area is made of open screen cement block (like they used to have all over the front of Caesar's Palace) . The problem was that chilly ocean wind was whipping into the room when we visited making it quite cold and unpleasant there even though the pool temperature was itself fairly warm. Basically, when that wind is blowing, you freeze when you get out. Inasmuch as the indoor pool was my primary criterion for selecting this hotel, I felt a bit deceived when I arrived, but since everything else about the hotel and its location was so much better than expected, it did not bother me too much and I did not register any complaints. I just wished I had known beforehand, as I would have reserved elsewhere. But if the indoor pool is not an important issue for you, you can't go wrong staying here. It's a great value. As a side note, having a CVS on the next block was really convenient and dinner at the nearby and very popular Cheesecake Factory down by the beach was surprisingly very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hermosa Beach has been chosen one of top ten beaches in the US. Whether you re coming to the South Bay Area for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Hotel is only 1/2 mile from beach and 7 miles from LAX. We are walking distance to Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach Pier, King Harbor, exciting bars and restaurants. The hotel features include free parking, local phone calls, wireless/wired Internet, business center and a complimentary Express Start hot breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, omelet and gravy. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Hermosa Beach, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach
- Holiday Inn Hermosa Beach
- Hermosa Beach Holiday Inn