Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$349
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$132
QualityInn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$184
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Shade Hotel(Redondo Beach)
$409
$331
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Seaside Motel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Redondo Beach Hotel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$203
  • Breakfast included
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$326
$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

All reviewsfree parkingindoor poolpancake machinehi expressroom was cleanminute walkpacific coast highwaystaff was friendly and helpfulexcellent breakfastwould stay here againwalking distancethe breakfast areasmall gympriced hotelspent two nightsbusiness centerhot tub
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location is nice, but everything else seemed kinda run down and over used. Small pool and weird over frothy hot tub. Seemed to have a nice workout room though. Also, very good breakfast selection. Nothing else really stood out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our Holiday Inn Express hotel.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Did an overnight stay at Holiday Inn Express-Hermosa Beach. The location was excellent, right on the PCH, walking distance to the pier area where there are many places to eat and drink. The rooms were nice and clean, and the staff was excellent! Also-1 day after I left the hotel and was already home, I realized I had forgotten something of value in my room at the hotel. I called the hotel and they did have my item. They asked for my address, and mailed the item, 2 day shipping, and they paid for it!! That to me is above and beyond what they needed to do!! Next time in Hermosa Beach, I will be staying there again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adam g
Holiday Inn Exp... H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Adam,

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and good breakfast. Room was spacious. Loved the location, short walk to hermosa beach, another ten minutes to hermosa pier. Staff was helpful and friendly. Free parking was included. Enjoyed stay in hermosa beach area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J M

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's location within walking distance of the beach. I wasn't disappointed and we strolled down to the beach several evenings before having dinner in one of the many restaurants there. The room itself was large compared to most other HIE's I have stayed at and had a fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable and I slept very well. There is some road noise from PCH but I never found this to be a problem. There is free wifi here but my teenage son, who is a very keen online gamer, reckoned it kept dropping out on him. I didn't have a problem but I was just picking up emails on my phone. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard HIE but perfectly adequate. All in all we had a very good stay here and I would consider this hotel again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room away from PCH if you are sensitive to road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank emnjnee
Holiday Inn Exp... H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear emnjnee,

Thank you for chooseing Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach. We are happy to hear your enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The good: Check in went smoothly, despite us having four adults in one room with two queen beds. We were prepared for them to possibly question that, but it was not a problem. The room came with a dorm size fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It was very clean when we arrived. Note - when we ARRIVED.

The lobby was nicely decorated with fairly modern decor. We ended up hanging out there several times in the late afternoon while our room was being "cleaned". They offered complimentary coffee 24/7, which was average - but nice for the one serious caffeine addict in our group. The elevator was busy all day long, but had no problems going up and down from our room on the second floor. There are stairs close by too, which we used a few times that we were not weighed down by bags, etc.

Complimentary breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn fare; I recognized the exact same layout of food choices as at other Holiday Inn hotels I have stayed in around the country. They offered eggs, bacon/sausage, cinnamon rolls (very delicious but I'm sure very unhealthy!), pancake maker that would spit out just ONE little pancake at a time, bagels, English muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, small yogurts, milk, apples,bananas, oatmeal packets, selection of several dry cereals (raisin bran, Cheerios, etc.) and of course coffee, tea, milk and juice. The dining area was a bit cramped, but kept clean by an attendant who scurried around cleaning up after the steady flow of diners.

The pool/spa area is outside, but covered - which is nice (gives one a break from being frequently exposed to UV rays). The side that faced the street was nicely landscaped with thick bushes outside the iron fencing, which dampened street noise and offered privacy. The pool itself was adequate, clean & not overly chlorinated. The spa/hot tub however was questionable (as most public ones are), overflowing with foam - which is not a good sign. I don't recall exactly what causes the foam in a hot tub, except that it is not desirable and a sign that chemicals aren't balanced. I did not chance going into it myself.

The really nice part about the pool area was that we were able to go there straight from being at the beach, still feeling salty & sandy, and shower off (in our swimsuits, of course) in the open shower before taking a dip in the pool. I'd never seen a setup like this before, with part of the pool area including a large, open shower space with multiple shower heads to allow one to rinse off in. This resulted in us tracking minimal sand up to our room, which has always been an issue in the past when we've had beach vacations. One complaint about the pool area: the pool towels were TINY - the size of hand towels - when they were even there at all! Several times we went, there were no clean towels at all.

The walk to the beach was less than a mile, but a bit further than I would have liked. It was just far enough away to make us have to really plan when we wanted to go. There were multiple restaurants of all types within walking distance, and a CVS drugstore just across the parking lot - which was nice for last minute forgotten items, etc. Parking was FREE at the hotel, which is a big deal - because many of the Cali hotels charge for parking nowadays, up to $25/30 daily at some hotels. That adds up quickly, needless to say.

Hermosa Beach itself was actually very nice as far as LA beaches go. There was minimal trash, overall the beach seemed to the type with nice "clean" feeling sand, not rocky but smooth & very comfortable to walk on barefoot. We spent a couple of days surfing, as this is a great beach for surfing! It was also not overly crowded at all & had a comfortable, family-friendly atmosphere. We no longer have small children but if I did, this would be a great beach for someone with little kids.

The bad: In my opinion, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. I would actually wake up with mild aches/pains on whichever side of my body that I'd been sleeping on. The pillows were the absolute worst I've ever experienced anywhere in my life! They all felt like they were pillow case filled with bunched up socks! They were plentiful, each bed had six pillows but they all were horrible. Usually HI hotels have decent beds & pillows, but this one greatly disappointed me.

The housekeeping service was below par. Oftentimes we'd return from a day at the beach around 3 or 4pm, looking forward to relaxing in our tidied up room - only to find it still hadn't been cleaned. The cleaning was spotty at best. It seemed the housekeeping staff would just do the bare minimum: i.e. change out the towels, make the beds, replace the tiny complimentary tolietries that were provided.

Despite making it clearly known that we had FOUR adults staying in the room, they consistently only provided enough towels for two or three people. We had to call daily to ask for extra towels! I was also disappointed to notice that the sink/counter area was not wiped down daily, nor was the toliet or shower cleaned daily. Since we'd stayed there for a full week - this was unacceptable ~ especially since there were four of us using one bathroom. To top it off, the room was obviously not vacuumed often - as there was popcorn bits on it that stayed there for several days until I resorted to picking them up by hand. I had to request for them to vacuum the room.......something that I used to believe was a typical daily chore on a hotel housekeeper's list of things to do.

The REALLY bad: The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan. This may seem to be a minor detail; but it resulting in our room ALWAYS feeling muggy & stuffy as it never did really get a chance to air out with four of us using it. We resorted to propping open the bathroom door whenever it wasn't in use, in order to try to air it out & hopefully try to give the room's air conditioner a chance to remove some of the humidity from the air. It really stunk - literally.

Overall: I felt the room was a bit pricey, considering the service and maintenance of the rooms. I would stay here again if I could get a really good deal on the price of the room, but otherwise - would look for other options.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kendra W

Kendra,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are sorry to hear that some of our amenities did not satisfy your needs. Our double queen sized rooms are best fit for two adults with small children. The facility adheres to all brand standards. Please excuse the busyness during this summer peak season. Our rates are competitive with other branded hotels in the area. Thank you for your stay.