“Great place.”
Review of Rok Sushi Kitchen

Rok Sushi Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rok Sushi Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 137 Restaurants in Hermosa Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pier Ave
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Walked in here just as they were closing on a Tuesday night at 9.30ish but they kept the kitchen open for me while I ordered (gave me at least 15 minutes too).
Had a couple of the chefs recommendations, both very good, and some sushito peppers, which were amazing.
The service was good too, I won't be coming back to Hermosa Beach in a hurry, but would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We enjoyed happy hour, the food was ok, nothing outstanding, but for some reason the place was packed. The atmosphere was great, maybe that's why, cause we wouldn't come here for just the food.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Hermosa Beach for spring break. Have friends there who recommended ROK and were so glad we give it a try.

The sushi was fresh. The happy hour menu and prices were good and the service was excellent!

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were lucky enough to try this restaurant on a Tuesday night after a long weekend - looking in during the weekend provided a glimpse of a very busy and loud restaurant. Great if you like that sort of thing.

The food on offer is plentiful. There is something for everyone. I'm not a sushi fan (I don't eat bait), and there were lots of choices for me. I ordered the miso soup, a green salad, and the California Roll and Chicken Teriyaki Roll. Everything was delicious. My husband ordered Sashimi and said it was very fresh. A great spot in Hermosa Beach.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went during happy hour on 11/15/2012. Had orders sushi rolls from the happy hour menu, Cowboy and Firecracker. Presentation of the rolls was lackluster and uninteresting. The flavors were somewhat bland, eg. no kick at all from the Firecracker roll which is supposed to have jalapeno. I can suggest much better sushi rolls from other nearby restaurants, for example Hoka Hoka Sushi. I think Rok gets away with it's high prices and lackluster food due to its location. Also, we had a Groupon which we had allowed to expire so it was no longer eligible for the promotional value. Once expired the Groupon is supposed to be treated just like a gift certificate for the amount paid and be accepted for anything offered at face dollar value by the merchant, according to the terms specified by Groupon. However, Rok would not allow us to use it for happy hour items. There are lots of restaurant choices in Hermosa Beach. Try some of the others.