“Nice hotel!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was initially hesitant about staying here but this turned out to be a nice hotel. Room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom bigger than most pricier hotels that I've stayed in. The staff that I encountered were very friendly. Had a decent breakfast in the morning and loved the outside seating for the breakfast area. And a great location, too. Only a few minutes walk to the pier!
All in all - it was a very good stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed in this property for nearly 2 weeks and was pretty impressed compared to the Best Western where my inital stay was scheduled. I got a nice suite on the 3rd floor. The room was always cleaned, regardless of the time I left each day. Sometimes it was well into the afternoon before I would leave my room for the day. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but the couple times I saw someone from housekeeping they were very polite. Parking was my only major complaint. The parking garage was difficult to get into and outside many people would take up multiple spots causing difficulty finding a place to park when I would return to the hotel around 1 to 2 am.

When my room was cleaned they would turn off the a/c so my room was usually hot when I came in, but it cooled off pretty quickly. They are a little skimpy on towels. The tv in the bedroom was old and starting to go out. There is road noise, but you are near the corner of 2 major roads, with a balcony looking out over one of those.

My first impression was wrong about this place. I thought it was a bit run down and probably going to be dirty. After my first bad experience with another property, I was sure this was going to be a one nighter and I'd be on my way. However, the room was comfy, very clean and they were making cosmetic improvements each day around the property.

I will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in LA area. Its a great 10-15 min drive to the 405 depending upon where you are going, and right next to the PCH. It is a bit far from LAX compared to some other properties, but it is very near the beach and in a safe, clean area.

Room Tip: The top floor is open on both sides to the outside so the noise is a factor. If there is anything o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Wow. I've never stayed at a worse hotel. There was no hot water in the entire hotel from the time we woke up at 7:30 am until we had to check out to attend an event 9:45. The boiler was not working according to the one person working there. The AC unit in the room looked to be about 30 years old and sounded like it. I saw 2 vans pull up in the back parking lot which we over looked with people clearly not staying at the hotel using the "spa" which was really the smallest pool I've ever seen and then leaving. They were using it as a bath! No security at all. The hotel is open to parking lots - and I mean really open even on the 4th floor - no doors from the ground to the floors and no secure parking. I left 4 messages with the manager of the hotel for some sort of reimbursement over 3 days and have not had a single return call! I finally called the corporate number for Choice Hotels and filed a formal complaint. If nothing happens I will file a charge back on my credit card. I will never stay at another "Quality" Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrentSanDiego
Reviewed August 17, 2012

business in the LA area a lot, this is vey convenient to PCH, the 405, 805 105 freeways. Ten to fifteen minutes from LAX airport is great. I can leave the hotel early in the morning and be there, dropping off my rental car in no time. The rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfy and you get a bottle of water. Nice pool, exercise room is small but okay and they have a very decent free buffet. On the street side you can see the ocean, so you know you are not far from the beach. But street side is noisy as compared to the opposite side overlooking the parking lot. Parking can be tight if you arrive late on a busy day. There is also free wireless . . .and it works well. The only complaint I have, and this is with a lot of hotels, is that the sink drains are seldom treated for clogs and most every time I have stayed here I’ve had a slow draining sink. I usually report when leaving, but get a different room the next time with the same issue. But that is minor. This is great hotel for the money and location.

Room Tip: Get the back side. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Management H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach . We always aim to do our best to improve our service and our facilities. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach during your next visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

When I am unable to get a room at my favorite place in Hermosa. This is the 2nd place I go! The view is great! The staff is SOOOO nice! Location is great your pretty much close to anything and everything! The whirlpool rooms are my fave! I've been there many many times and plan on continuing to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach . We always aim to do our best to improve our service and our facilities. Maybe one day we will become your favorite place in Hermosa Beach.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Delightful community...escorted by an officer when asked where there was a hotel that was affordable. Great rooms and such a kind staff. Looking forward to returning with others!!!
Our stay was overnight but hope to stay longer on our next adventure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel met all of our needs. Nice, helpful front desk people. Clean rooms. The beds were really comfortable. Decent breakfast with a Belgian waffle maker which was a hit with our family. There is even a nice business center (in case you need to print out your boarding passes) and a laundry center. It is by a grocery store, Starbucks, and an ATM. Just around the corner from Pier Avenue which leads to lots of bars, restaurants, the beautiful beach and pier. There are very few hotels around so I liked that the area was inhabited by mainly locals. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the pier. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!