“Not bad, but can be noisy. Make sure you get a room on the backside.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here on business during August 2011. I specifically asked for a quiet room, but what I got was a room along a VERY busy street. The traffic here is like mosquitoes in Maine - they never quit. All night long all I could hear were the cars and trucks racing up Airport blvd. It sounded like they were driving right next to my bed!. Needless to say I was not happy with the accommodations and they moved me to a rear room where it was quiet. As for the hotel, it's an average place to stay. The breakfast is good and the room was clean. There's free internet and a small whirlpool in the back of the property. The location is convenient to Hermosa and Redondo beaches and local shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Managment901, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

On behalf of the team here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach, I would like to offer my sincere apologies. Our goal is to provide the finest personal service to our guests. It is never our intention to disappoint. We appreciate your feedback, and appreciate your patronage and are committed to serving you. While I certainly understand that we cannot rectify your experience,I hope that you will return again in the future, I assure you that it will be a smoother and more comfortable experience. Thank you for your feedback , and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on our way back from Costa Rica to Vancouver. Chose location due to proximity to some family. Price was good, rooms were clean enough (but not spotless, nor new), bathroom was nice enough. The area seemed fine as well - we walked back from Hermosa Beach one night at 11PM and didn't have any problems.

The breakfast was pretty underwhelming, really cramped and understaffed, so we had to share tables but met some nice people, so that was ok in the end.

I'd stay here again given similar circumstances. It is a 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank A.Duckson

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach . We always aim to do our best to improve our service and our facilities. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach during your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I hate to write negative reviews as i feel that some times little things are blown out of porportion. In this case please beleive me when i say this hotel is one of the worst run hotels i have ever stayed at in the U.S.A.

The Reception area is dirty, run down and quite frankly smells of body odur. The staff are badly trained and as for the night staff they seem more interested in smoking, drinking coffee and absuing customers who disagree with them then listening to real concerns about there hotel.

I encountered a very abusive staff member on Saturday. July 30 who was on the afternoon ,/night shift. This young lady had tattoos from shoulder to elbow and smoked like there was no tomorow. Her attitude was unhelpfull and when i questioned my bill, she called me obnoxius and threatened to call security. When i left the hotel 2 days later unauthorised charges were on my credit card.

I am an artist who designs skate boards so trust me i have nothing agiinst body art at all but this art was offensive and in your face and in my opinion not appropiate for a so called family hotel.
The hotel was mostly used by young collage students and the noise at night in the hotel was unbearable.

The rooms are ok but very run down and when you first enter ,an over bearing smell of mildew and musk permiates the air.

I agree that for what you pay it is not bad value but my family did not feel safe at night as the staff did not feel interested in helping at all. Their is no presnce of security staff on the hotel that i could see.

I travel 10 months of the year and am from Australia and a hotel of this such poor quality would not be able to stay open under our consumer laws.

I am sorry to have to write this review but after two days of thinking it over, i felt that other travellers needed to know.
I hope i have been of help,.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank WHO1961

On behalf of the team here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach, I would like to offer our sincere apologies. Our goal is to provide the finest personal service to our guests. It is never our intention to disappoint. We believe in our guests’ comfort and convenience, and we are truly sorry about your experience. To prevent this from happening again in the future, I have discussed the issue with the team. We truly appreciate your patronage and are committed to serving you. I hope that you will return again in the future, I assure you that it will be a smoother and more comfortable experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the residential neighborhood behind the Inn. Our balcony also had a partial ocean view that was nice at sunset. Our room was nice & quiet.

We had a mini fridge in the room, beds were clean and comfortable, and the room was big enough to suit our needs. The clean bathroom came with toiletries provided and a hair dryer.

The staff at the front desk was cheerful and efficient, as was the housekeeping staff.

Before I forget, Quality Inn provides FREE parking, and FREE WiFi (that worked as it should).

There is a good sized whirlpool that we did not use (but others seemed to enjoy) and an exercise room that has an ocean view. We used it and all the equipment worked just fine.

The Quality Inn provides a breakfast area with a variety of choices. Beyond the usual bakery items and beverages, freshly made waffles and bacon were available.

The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but right next door is the Ocean Diner, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We didn't eat there, but reviews from others are elsewhere on TripAdvisor.

Starbuck's is around the corner, in the same shopping strip as Ralph's (grocery). Pinkberry frozen treats is also a very close walk away. Yum!

We drove to the lovely, safe, and well maintained beach, and parked in the multi story city garage located at 13th & Hermosa Ave (look for Starbucks there). Make sure your space is paid up, since tickets are freely written.

The beach is close enough to walk to (we didn't), but you might consider a taxi back, since the return walk is uphill. Taxis are available where Pier Ave. meets Hermosa Ave.

Tip:Quality Inn Hermosa Beach is located at the corner of Sepulveda (Rt. 1) and Aviation. At least on the weekend, when the aircraft factories are closed, Aviation is a faster drive to LAX and car rental returns than Sepulveda

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 20,889
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids stayed here for 5 days. We had a nice sized suite with a big balcony. There was a bedroom with a king bed and a living room with pullout couch for the kids. There was a grocery store next door and it was a nice walk to the beach (about 1/2 mile). We walked down almost every day. There is a large hot tub out back which was good after swimming at the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 14, 2011

That being said i found this property to be very nicely situated, theres a Grocery Store right next to the property and a Starbucks! Front Desk is very helpful. Parking is great as well.
You can see the Ocean from most of the rooms!! I suggest the Top Floor on the Road Side
Have Fun

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Very impressed with this property. Contrary to earlier reviews, it is VERY conveniently located near the beach (approx 1/2 mile from the beach; less than a block from Pier Ave-- this is the street that takes you through the shopping/restaurant area to the beach and pier). Tons of conveniences located nearby: Pinkberry and Starbuck's just outside the hotel; grocery store and CVS less than a block away; McDonald's within 5 minute walk.

The room was very clean. Our room had a balcony that offered a view of the ocean. Gorgeous!!

The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. We arrived at noon and they immediately found a clean room for us. In fact, I was only able to book a king room online and at check in, they found a double room for us.

I would definitely stay here again, if I ever go back to Hermosa Beach. I do not have any complaints at all.

Free parking, friendly staff, GREAT location!!

Room Tip: Ask!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!