“Find a different hotel!!!”
Review of Grandview Inn

Grandview Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Arizona
“Find a different hotel!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Like many of the others, I have also had the worst experiance with the management of this hotel. After making my reservations months in advance, the old women at the check in had not a clue what she was doing and refused our reservations. After explaining to her that a person named Imish took the reservation, she went to the back room to speak to someone (probably Imish) and when she returned she stated that there must have been some type of mistake and that the room would be an additional $55 per night. I asked to speak to the manager and with a hesitation, the women told me he was not there. I have stayed at this hotel long ago when it was under different management and had no problems other than the rooms being outdated and 'musty'. Bottom line, dont even concider making reservations here or staying here as these people from India dont have a clue on how to run a hotel in THIS country. If you read through the reviews, take note of my comments here as there are many like mine and if you want your vacation ruined, your privacy invaded by shady management or dont mind staying at a 3rd world country like hotel, this is the place for you. DONT BE FOOLED BY THE MNGRS REMARKS TO COMMENTS! I am a 46 year old non drinker/smoker and I DONT PARTY and neither does my wife or two children. I write this review along with several other families with poor experiances who dont want to bother with writing reviews but I think this was needed remarks to a managers dishonest, poorly ran hotel/motel if you even want to call it that.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MyTravelReviews1st

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Czech first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I have just started a new job in Torrance. I was recommend to stay at the Grandview Inn and Suites in Hermosa Beach. Great rooms, rates and location. Covered parking is also available. Only 100 yds to the beach and a block from many (too many to count) restaurants, bars and shops. At night the street is quiet and you listen to the waves. Wonderful family owned hotel and great location. I travel a lot for my work and I think I have high standards, so I am coming back next week. No food or breakfact, but Starbucks is on the corner and there are several breakfast places with view. Take a walk on the boardwalk and enjoy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
washington, dc
Reviewed February 23, 2010

This is an older hotel/inn 1/2 block off the Strand / beach in Hermosa Beach, CA just south of LA
It's non-smoking policy is strictly enforced, which adds to its fresh decor and the rooms are as nice as they boast. The outside looks like an older beach hotel but it's very nice and staff is very plesant. Free parking makes guest visits easy as well and the rates are competitive
the only minus i found was the lack of a lobby and no coffee service in the rooms but there are two coffee shops right around the corneer and, by the way, a really great comedy club 2 blocks down; we bought tickets day of show and saw top LA talent for $27/ticket -- recommend the hotel and the club as a must do

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
portsmouth, nh
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I stayed here super bowl weekend and had a clean room. the location is the best thing about the motel. 1-2 blocks from beach and pier businesses. the beds were ok and it seems like a nice family running the place. This was my second time staying here. the hotel is strictly non smoking, even on the outdoor balcony's

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
pa
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We have been staying at the Grandview Inn on our visits to Ca. for many years; have just been there in January and are returning again in April.Great location, just a few steps to the beach and strand, run by a lovely couple who have always catered to our needs,comfortable, spacious rooms, some rooms with ocean view.For us , it is a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
california
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Right on the beach, and near the party pier. Friendly staff, clean basic room, and easy parking. Walk to everything and have fun.........no headaches with this place except for the hangover i had in the morning. Have fun.

craig

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Hermosa Beach, CA
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I'm dead broke and I live in my car, but my out-of-town girlfriend didn't know it yet, so when she came into town for new year's, I needed somewhere to stay with her for a couple of days. The challenge then was how to find a place near the beach that was also inexpensive... TripAdvisor ratings were as usual scattered, giving Grandview mixed reviews from seemingly intelligent people... but I gambled on them anyway, and am glad I did!

We were upgraded to an oceanview room (VERY worth it, great view of the sunset) because our other room wasn't ready. They didn't have to do that, they could've put us in another regular room. The room we got was HUGE with two big queen beds. Bathroom with stand-up shower and standard tub. It's not luxurious -- in my years of corporate slavery I stayed in plenty of five stars and 4 stars, the Grandview is not one of them -- BUT we didn't need or want that type of place... we just wanted a place that was comfortable, clean, cheap, and close to everything... this was PERFECT.

A very unexpected bonus was EXCELLENT service. I mean, the guy (I think his name was Ron), he was incredibly nice and he even let me use his garage and water to wash my car (my house) and let me park it there for free (that's worth $10/night easily). One block from the bars but you'd never know, this town is quiet because it's the laughable "off" season (65 degrees, sunny, an inch or two or precipitation.. which they call "winter" here).

Please patronize this business! If they can keep a high volume, they can keep prices low. Guarding these secrets only makes them raise rates to pay for expensive marketing and/or make up for lack of traffic. -Brad Kauffman

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Been to Grandview Inn? Share your experiences!