“Modern beachfront luxury”
Review of Grandview Inn

Grandview Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked 3 nights online and everything was easy and efficient.
Located opposite the beach and just one block from the main street opposite the pier, the hotel is ideally located to enjoy all that Hermosa has to offer.
There is a fab little Mexican restaurant next door as well as a bicycle & surfboard hire place too.
Staff are super friendly and helpful, and the room was lovely. Clarly recently refurbished, the hotel has a modern, chic feel to it. Room was spacious, had all the amenities you need (TV, mini-fridge, en-suite bathroom, etc) and we enjoyed a lovely view across the beach and sea. The balcony was reasonably sized, with two chairs - perfect for enjoying an evening beer :)
I would not hesitate to recommend to others or to enjoy another stay here myself!!!

Room Tip: Go for the sea view rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the Grand View Inn, it is perfectly located right at the center of Hermosa beach (2 blocks from the pier), 100 feet from the beachwalk. Nice mexican breakfast down the hotel and another better one, 1 block from the hotel (Good Stuff). You can rent beach cruiser bikes, surfs, etc at the shop next to the hotel. The Hotel has 2-3 rooms with sea view. Rooms are Confortable, clean and have been renovated recently. Free parking. The hotel is small only couple 10s of rooms and very quiet. Very convenient if you want to stay at the wonderful spot of Hermosa/Manhattan beach.
Very few services and no restaurant in the hotel but lots around.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My daughter & I had completed our drive from Texas for her move to Torrance. I stayed here in a room that didn't have a view, but the owner was friendly and the room is nice, clean and just what I needed. I am actually about to book another stay - hoping for an ocean view this time :)

Room Tip: Be aware that even though the name is Grandview, all rooms don't have a view. The hotel is so c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our experience was very good. The hotel is very clean, accesible, and price was very reasonable forlocation. Not many amenities, but we were looking for a nice place to stay near the beach somewhat close to LA. Grandview Inn was perfect. Two beds, very clean, modern look, fridge (small-med), microwave, parking, wifi. What it doesnt have: laundry, dining area, all the bells and whistles of a full hotel. We were not looking for a full hotel, yet something more than a motel. This was perfect. Would definetly go again. And Hermosa beach is great.

Room Tip: Second floor, facing beach
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank languer
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel is located 30 second walk to Hermosa Beach. The hotel is not new but the room is clean and big enough for two. There are so many different kinds of restaurants around there. Nice and convenient location!

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms with ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank La_Sabia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My god, I'm sitting here writing this because the TV wont work, the internet keeps dropping and the staff(owner) turned off the phone. I've stayed here so many times because I've lived in Hermosa and I work here all the time. I am a sales rep for major software company and cover 13 states. I travel every week. Trust me I'm used to bad service but this is a complete joke. Obviously I let a lot of bad service go but the arrogant Indian owners are over the top!!! Now it's not just a crappy beach hotel, it's a boutique hotel? Yeah right! They are the only hotel I've ever seen use direct TV and it NEVER works. There is only Wifi but that always needs to be bounced. The idiot manager doesn't save a parking spot for residents and you must wait at night for him to wake up and move HIS car, Then the next morning when I just want to get the hell out of here he has is lame BMW parked behind me!!! Not a word much less an apology. He changes your room to one with no bath and the shower floor is the exact same as the bathroom, no joke, no shower curtain. It may be for a handicapped person but he stuck it to us without a word, can we say bait and switch? Also, I brought my eight year old and wife, really, we could have been handicappe from slipping on the floor before leaving this place. I NEVER write reviews but this place must be held accountable. It TOTALLY SUCKS. The family who runs it is terrible, unfriendly and so rude. Plus it reeks of curry and I like Indian food but come on. 200 for a Wednesday night on a cold July day?? Never stay here if you have any sense. I've tried so many more times than anyone else who posted on this site. Stay at your own risk! Sea Sprite, Hermosa Beach House, any other place is a million times better than this dump. It's just a pig with lipstick...and bad lipstick at that!!! I really dont mean to sound racist but this guy treats you like you are lucky to be in his presence. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Dave J
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Spent 3 nights at this little tucked away gem and loved it. The rooms are newly remodeled with a contemporary, high end look. Comfy beds, nice bedding, and relaxing rain-shower shower head gave this hotel room a spa like quality, not to mention all of the ammenities provdied. What really made this a great stay was the location, a few steps from the strand, and the great beach of Hermosa. We never needed a car, everything we needed was within walking distance. The family that runs this hotel were freindly, and always there for any assistance. They seemed to really care about their guests, and made us feel welcome. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Grandview Inn? Share your experiences!