“Just right”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hermosa Beach
Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I go to the beach, I want a true "beach hotel." I found this gem by accident, just walking down the strand (sorry TripAdvisor!). It had such a great location, such a great view of the ocean, I was afraid that I could not get a room without a reservation. To my happy surprise, they did have a room, and allowed me an early check-in. Major plus: although the doors are sliders (a security concern at night), most rooms also have a small openable window so you can sleep to the sound of the surf. Oh yes...

Room Tip: Third floor, ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve W
There are newer reviews for Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Sea Sprite has the perfect location and if it were polished it would no doubt be out of many of the reviewers price range. With that being said, STILL expect less and you will be happily surprised by the views and the convenience. The hotel itself is ROUGH and the housekeeping really poor (we stayed a week and they NEVER vacuumed our room or washed the bathroom floor!) only clean towels and the bed made... not even a pushing in of the chairs! The front desk is very nice... but they can do only so much with the little they have. But the VIEW and the close walk to EVERYTHING well it's worth roughing it a little bit. Love Hermosa Beach... and thank you Sea Sprite for being there ... if you want luxury walk down the street to BEACH HOUSE... but I noticed they were empty... and the Sea Sprite was hopping... I wonder why?

Room Tip: Ocean view away from the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cali1961
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We've been going to the Sea Sprite for 10 years and love it. All the previous reviews have got it right about the view, the Strand, the beach, the restaurants, library, post office etc. The service and staff are the best. The rooms are spare but just the thing - lying on the bed on the third floor and watching the sun go down is a treat manifique! It's a family place with long, local roots in the town of Hermosa Beach. Just to add a bit: easy driving to all matter LA, often best done on local roads rather than freeways and not to forget, the famous 'The Spot' vegetarian restaurant is a short 8 block walk away, either by The Strand or Beach Drive. The Sea Sprite is The Place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

No frills but GREAT location and amazing value!! Right on the water for less than half the price of a high end hotel near the water. Rooms are always very clean and the staff is always helpful.right next to the pier and pavillion loaded with bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: many of the rooms are like apartments . excellent for traveling with a family. can't ask for a b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LuckysMatt
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Honestly, rolling up to this motel I was a little sketched out. Hermosa Beach is a lovely area, but a cheap motel on the beach I was thinking that it was going to be icky inside (we needed a place to crash after a long day and our other plans for the night fell thru). The rate was good, the check in was fast and efficient. The front door of the room is a sliding glass door, like something that would be on a patio. It was a little hard to get the door locked on the inside, but finally I did. The room was VERY clean.. there's a small refrigerator, microwave and tv in the room. This is definitely not for people looking to lounge comfortabley inside all day but the beach is literally right out the front door. Awesome! The room got really hot, instead of putting the a/c on we cracked the "front" sliding door. The curtain over the door didn't cover completely, so people walking by could definitely look in and see us in bed... eww. We were on the 2nd floor, so that was good, but walking to and from our room we could see into other peoples rooms too (and people laying in bed). There were plenty of towels and the bedding was nice. This is definitely a good place to crash. Oh! and we had two cars .... 1 free spot comes with the room and the front desk allowed us to rent an additional spot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kaykat4533
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I planned a month long stay in the Hermosa-Redondo Beach area and wanted to have a bit of space, cooking area and be close to the beach. This was a great find - we can walk to the library, the grocery store, multiple restaurants and in a minute have the bicycle on The Stand for a ride or be on the beach. It fits all our needs nicely. We have another trip booked!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kpkdrk
Reviewed August 5, 2012

When I first arrived I wasn't sure at all what I was expecting. ( a friend of mine told me I should stay there and when they said it was right on the beach I was sold). Yes it is a older place, but if you actually do you research on a place before you stay there then you would know that! So half the people complaining about how run down it is, honestly you got no one to blame but yourself! The hotel website even states that the rooms are all smoking rooms. Anyways, check in was easy, I can't recall the guys name young Hispanic guy, VERY nice and helpful when I asked for suggestions on where to eat. Once I got to my room, I was in love, and had nothing to do with the room, the view was to die for! Yes it's a little loud but seriously your on the beach and it's summer time what else would you expect! I had a great mini getaway and I will be back more than once!

Room Tip: The full ocean view rooms are AMAZING!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Shade Hotel
Shade Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!